• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST 2014 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

Koppai

cAjxW4l.jpg

$4.99 at GameStop, of course I got a gutted copy with a stupid sticker. But $5!

Asparagus

Found someone selling an RGB modded NES so picked it up.

eOP51bg.jpg

The shell is a bit marked but I have a another system I can use as a donor. Blows my mind how good the games look.

0yZmwOE.jpg

vL6FAxy.jpg

cps3NBu.jpg

It also came with a bunch of games, some of which I already own as carts only, some not.

zGRpjXD.jpg

55EfMTE.jpg

elcmXvt.jpg

IrishNinja

^goddamn @ that RGB modded NES (props man! i had mine done a while back too, can't go back) & NES haul, so good!

Asparagus

Thanks man, I've been debating whether to get one for a while now but when this came up for sale I just had to jump on it. I'm so glad I did!

Picked up some cool stuff to keep me occupied this month.

Pandora's tower and Okami on Wii. Recently just finished P4G which was my first Persona game so picked up P3FES, and of course TLOU Remastered.

Danganronpa and VLR.

Season 1 and 2 of Code Geass, been meaning to watch this for a while.

Finished watching Watamote which i really enjoyed so i've started to read through the manga.

Berserk collection is going nicely, picked up 20 and 21 from amazon.

Kilrathi

My mother brought these back for me on her cruise in Europe
20140803_232225.jpg

20140804_100331.jpg

I bough the last of Us last year right after coming home from E3, I didn't open it up till july this year, so I bought the PS4 version now.
20140804_100450.jpg

Qasiel

It's been a crazy busy couple of weeks, but also managed some great pickups, so we'll start with July first (not been able to get all of my stuff together hence the lateness!)

First up, me and my girlfriend went off on holiday for our anniversary so picked up a new case, a floaty backdoor and a wrist mount for my GoPro camera (I like to go surfing)

Whilst we were away I proposed and she said yes!

During the holiday we also completed on buying a house (hopefully going to put up some nice pictures in the Gaming Setup thread once we've unpacked properly)

But now on to August and so far these are what I've managed to pick up:

Majora's Mask on Wii Virtual Console

Walking Dead vol 21

First up, me and my girlfriend went off on holiday for our anniversary so picked up a new case, a floaty backdoor and a wrist mount for my GoPro camera (I like to go surfing)

Whilst we were away I proposed and she said yes!

During the holiday we also completed on buying a house (hopefully going to put up some nice pictures in the Gaming Setup thread once we've unpacked properly)

Congrats on both of these!!

reggie186

Crappy pic, but I went to TRU and Target to track down the Jakk's World of Nintendo figs. Have the entire first series except for Wario...

2014-08-04122301_zpseefaa15d.jpg

Gameboy415

I went out thrifting over the weekend and found some cool stuff:

cbdUEJE.jpg

-I got all of these for $2 a pop at Half-Price Books.

rajzPKP.jpg

-I got the Duffman set at the Flea Market and Twin Peaks from Amazon - I'm looking forward to watching it once I finish my Twilight Zone marathon! :)

zAtNkhw.jpg

-I found the Adam Sandler CDs for 99cents each and grabbed a few of my childhood favorite movies (Dirty Work is still my favorite Comedy!) for $1.96 each (minus the Horror 4-pack, which is from Amazon).

5ghBOHq.jpg

-I found the top rows of PS1/PS2 games at a few different thrift stores (minus Evil Dead, which is from eBay), got Game of Thrones & Splinter Cell super-cheap online, and took advantage of some promos at Gamestop for Last of Us Remastered & Arkham Origins (which came with a free Season Pass!).

vKvC3bY.jpg

-Other than the DBZ games, Rygar, & Band Bros P which I got on eBay (the Wii games) & Amazon (3DS import), I found all of the other games for $1-4 each from various thrift stores & Gamestop.

phoenixyz

I also picked up an axe today for some garden work, but I won't put a picture of that here just in case it's against some rules.

Why should an axe be against the rules? People post everything here, from newborn kids over assault rifles to anime figurines.

illusionary

A fair few things to share here since my last post....

To start, keeping the PS4 collection frowing with Wolfenstein: The New Order - great fun from what I've played of the campaign so far.

Yvzpgvf.jpg

Then some notable Steam pickups:

JVxczkg.jpg

ZQpL8eI.jpg

wL0KVUn.jpg

Xenonauts is a superb throwback to old X-COM; XCOM I just couldn't say no to when GameKeysNow offered it up for 99p, despite owning it on PS3 already (twice over, due to PS Plus); and I was lucky enough to win a cgiveaway competition on another site for Bioshock Infinite.

Next we have another hole being filled in my Zelda collection, with the GBA 'NES Classics' release of the original game:

bGvZW80.jpg

And the last of the games for now, including a new centrepiece of my N64 collection!

ARy6Xzp.jpg
[/IMG]

I'm very pleased to have myself a copy of Majora's Mask at last; and with Blast Corps and Jet Force Gemini, I'm steadily ticking off the N64 Rareware games.

Finally, I'll round things off with the complete Blu-Ray set of Star Trek: The Original Series, which finally hit a reasonable price on Zavvi just recently.

vOfzjjx.jpg

reggie186

Neither Target nor TRU in Savannah had any of these. Are they new? I needs

I think they just came out at the end of last week. TRU had Bowser and DK for $15 each, Target had the other figures for $9. Link was the only figure I didn't see multiples of. I'm in the Spokane, Wash. area.

Top Bottom