• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

My new G ;)

n27614741344880868882.jpg

n27614741344880889500.jpg

n27614741344880879208.jpg

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
MarkMan said:
Happy to see a lot of BlazBlue... curious, what led you guys to purchase the game?

1. I'm an Arc System Works whore

2. I loved Guilty Gear

3. Fighting enthusiast

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
MarkMan said:
Happy to see a lot of BlazBlue... curious, what led you guys to purchase the game?
Always interested since it was the Guilty Gear team

What threw me over the edge
-Fantastic limited edition
-Quality of online
-Quality of port
-A fantastic deal to get the game ^_^

Yes Boss!

MarkMan said:

Looks to be like a really high-quality game. Aksys backed this up with very, very nice packaging. Good release spacing after the INCREDIBLE Street Fighter IV (if Ignition was smart they'd move KoF to Sept). Doesn't seem as intimidating as something like Guilty Gear for casual/solo fighting game players like myself. My impressions, and why I got excited for the release.

Here in so cal it seemed to be moving pretty well in the few game stores I visited on Tuesday. Game Crazy had it in their countertop display that used to have SFIV, complete with two TE sticks and a small crowd of teens playing it.

Spruchy

shintoki said:
Always interested since it was the Guilty Gear team

What threw me over the edge
-Fantastic limited edition
-Quality of online
-Quality of port
-A fantastic deal to get the game ^_^

What deal?

Yes Boss!

July gets off to a solid start!

New 360 shooter from Japan:

P1010420.jpg

Parodius Portable bought from GAFer PepsimanVsJoe. Only need the Twinbee set to complete the Konami PSP shooter collections:

P1010417.jpg

And most importantly, a kollywood care package arrived from London with five movies for July...this is the fourth Tamil blu-ray to be released.

P1010421.jpg

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
gti.jpg

GTI Club on PSN

TS_BR.jpg
sh_cr.jpg

Tokyo Sonata Blu-ray; Vurt short-sleeve shirt and a light cardigan

pn.jpg
bk.jpg

Levi's 511 jeans (Why did I never try skinny jeans before? They're great for little dudes like myself.) and two pair of Hurley shorts; Number 9 Dream and South of the Border, West of the Sun books

:D not game related but i guess it's good enough. Picked it up today. waiting for stand to come in tomorrow!

IMG_0259.jpg

Should pick up a game. BlazBlue looks interesting. Maybe. Waiting for Best Buy to get it in stock.

Sadist

2vj2x37.jpg

My first Nintendo published purchase since August 2008, which was Radiant Dawn.

About the game, I only played a few segments of the original, so it's mostly new to me.

YagizY

Tashi0106 said:
WHAT!!!!

Where did you get this unbelievable deal?? I gotta get LocoRoco, I'll be going on a long ass flight in a few weeks.

All of them are from the Target video game clearance section. Mirror's Edge is the only one that wasn't from Target, it was from Sams.

Yes Boss!

shintoki said:
Make sure to tell me how the new Grev shooter is

Definitely. I'm reorganizing my game-room right now so I won't be able to check it out till tonight when my J-360 is reconnected. Don't know what to expect from it...bought it blindly. Seems the hardcores at shmup-forum don't really like it. But, I'm very easy to please, and it looks different enough. I'm pretty new to these G.rev games...with just a few minutes on Border down. Haven't played my Under Defeat yet.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Yes Boss! said:
And most importantly, a kollywood care package arrived from London with five movies for July...this is the fourth Tamil blu-ray to be released.

P1010421.jpg

adae thambi! super nala pickups :D

Yes Boss!

jon bones said:
adae thambi! super nala pickups :D

Ha, I'm a white dude from california so I don't understand what you said! But I'm assuming it means good pickup. And I'd agree. Good stuff to watch for July...gonna trump any type of game purchase this month for sure.

There are now more official Tamil blu-rays than bollies. Hindi industry is really dragging its feet on the format. For shame, when little Ayngaran outputs faster.

Loxley

I'm a few chapters into Arthas and so far I really like it. As for the Dummies book, I'm transferring to the Cleveland Institute of Art as a second-year Biomedical Art major, thought it might come in handy :)

Never played either, but thought I'd add them to my PS2 library and see what all the zomg was about.

And of course...

My old model was dead and beyond repair, so I upgraded to 10 megapixelz beotch.

Nitemare1

Minotauro said:
Shamelessly reposting my pickups from last month because my post was near the bottom of the page and I do this so rarely....

Catching up with some semi-recent purchases.

Two Razer DeathAdder mice: (one for my Vista PC and one for my Mac OS PC)

3669608502_bdc902770e.jpg

Unless they changed the branding recently the one on the right is a Lachesis?

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
Nitemare1 said:
Unless they changed the branding recently the one on the right is a Lachesis?

It's the angle. The two mice are identical aside from the goofy-ass LED. The Lachesis has more of a curve to it...

lachesis.jpg

I guess it's got the same logo-thing but I'd imagine because it was Mac-specific. Well, in the sense that it came with Mac drivers. Either way, the DeathAdder is the best mouse I've ever owned...hence me owning two of them. :)

New Elite. I actually got it mid June but it Red Ringed before I got a pic so I had to wait for the RMA to post it.
elite.jpg

Blu-Ray burner for 100% non copyright violating things.
burner.jpg

Cigars. Some from the Dominican Republic, and some nice Cubans. Take that dumb embargo.
cigarsout.jpg

cigarsin.jpg

kairu

I was supposed to get my copy of BlazBlue today but UPS didn't feel like ringing my doorbell, knocking, or leaving me my package. I was home when they "attempted" the delivery and the guy mysteriously forgot to leave a delivery attempt slip. I fucking hate the postal/parsel situation in Chicago.

Hugbot

Three albums by The Mountain Goats
-Satanic Messiah
-Black Pear Tree (With Kaki King)
-Moon Colony Bloodbath (With John Vanderslice)
Poster from an amazing Cake concert
Tickets to see dredg mid-July!

Not all July pickups, some from a little earlier in the year. Not everything though, just what seemed interesting.

Picked up BlazBlue for the PS3, but that's not what I'm posting.

I'm posting something I've been waiting for going on probably a decade now.

344azy1.jpg

FINA-FUCKING-LY

neoism

Stuff from JUNE!
v6kb44.jpg

ehxjcw.jpg

30htysx.jpg

Today!

r1c5k7.jpg

vr3if8.jpg

1e98qr.jpg

14sfkzq.jpg

I have 10 GBA games and GB Micro, a DS, and 11 DS games in one case! Damn good!:lol
Got this about a hour ago:D
1zzt5hv.jpg

Machine

Amazon Deal of the Day - I know it will probably drop even more, but I couldn't resist:
IMG_0034.jpg

Two clearance games from K-Mart - approx. $30 USD total for both:
IMG_0033.jpg

IMG_0032.jpg

I AM BACK!!! Finally my 3-month jail time is over, and now for the things that came to my house in the last three months. I am pretty sure that I am forgetting something, so more posts will follow. Also there should be more things coming in the mail in the next few days.

First, let´s start with something for my old good Dreamcast:

IMG_1998.jpg

And moving to the Xbox 360, some Korean games for my J-360:

IMG_1979.jpg

Plus some great Japanese titles:

Chaos; Head: Noah Limited Edition

chaos1-1.jpg

DeathSmiles Limited Edition and pre-order DLC card

IMG_1984.jpg

IMG_1986.jpg

Not showed: Black Label DLC for DeathSmiles.

Another joystick (this one for a better D-pad):

IMG_1983.jpg

And a faceplate for my Euro 360:

IMG_1981.jpg

And now for the software to my USA 360, we have:

IMG_1977.jpg

IMG_1978.jpg

IMG_1980.jpg

IMG_1999.jpg

I went digital distribution crazy last month, tons of XBLA and Steam games.

First on Steam:

steam1-1.jpg

steam2.jpg

steam3.jpg

steam4.jpg

steam5.jpg

steam6.jpg

steam7.jpg

steam8.jpg

steam9.jpg

And now, for Xbox 360 XBLA games:

Aces of Galaxy
IMG_2004.jpg

Age of Booty
IMG_2005.jpg

Altered Beast
IMG_2006.jpg

Assault Heroes 2
IMG_2007.jpg

GripShift
IMG_2000.jpg

OutRun Online
IMG_2008.jpg

Penny Arcade Episode 1
IMG_2011.jpg

Penny Arcade Episode 2
IMG_2012.jpg

Poker Smash
IMG_2013.jpg

Portal Still Alive
IMG_2014.jpg

Puzzle Quest Galactrix
IMG_2019.jpg

R-Type Dimensions
IMG_2020.jpg

Sam&Max Season 1
IMG_2002.jpg

Sonic 3
IMG_2003.jpg

Switchball
IMG_2001.jpg

The Dishwasher
IMG_2018.jpg

Wallace & Gromit Episode 1
IMG_2017.jpg

And now moving to the movie section:

it is a rip-off since it is only the first 4 episodes and what the hell? Wolverine as the X-men leader? Who had that idea? But I am a X-men fan, so...

IMG_2021.jpg

Watching again, great show, Battlestar Galactica. The mini-series, 1st, 2nd and 3rd season boxes. Still missing the 4th season which is out-of-print here and nowhere to be find.

IMG_2024.jpg

IMG_2025.jpg

And now for something completely different:

IMG_2022.jpg

I got only the first season. I am planning to get the other 3 after I watch this one.

Yes Boss!

Chiaroscuro said:
I AM BACK!!! Finally my 3-month jail time is over, and now for the things that came to my house in the last three months. I am pretty sure that I am forgetting something, so more posts will follow. Also there should be more things coming in the mail in the next few days.

Ha, you promised a big update on July 1st and you've come through! 18 Wheeler (!) That and Typing of the Dead were two of my favorite first-party releases for the DC...so damn goofy.

worms.jpg

Yes, I know I didn't need to block out the code since I've already used it...just a habit. Although I'm sure you astute GAFers could figure out the blocked out letters anyway since I didn't do a good job :D.

GQman2121

Banned
Fight Night and games from the Buy/sell/trade thread. Loving all three right now. Afrika is strangely addicting. Which is odd because it's not a very good game by any means. Yet I can't stop playing it.
DSCN0743.jpg

After buying MGS I had exactly four dollars left on my account, so I went ahead and picked up the Home picture frame, a potted plant and a small flower arrangement.
DSCN0737.jpg

VIP tickets for Chelsea/Milan for the end of the month. Get to watch each team practice the day before the game.
DSCN0731.jpg

Black Air Force Ones with the bubble gum bottoms.
DSCN0736.jpg

LV Stephen Sprouse Tee. I wanted to get this back in 04' when they re-released the design to honor Sprouse's passing, but they sold out to fast. When I found out that they were releasing another limited run of the shirts this year I got on the waiting list. Bam!
DSCN0733.jpg

wowzors

That shirt is stunning, the only thing I have bought that cost me anything near that amount for clothes were my LeBron's. Beautiful shirt, do it justice.

Yes Boss! said:
Ha, you promised a big update on July 1st and you've come through! 18 Wheeler (!) That and Typing of the Dead were two of my favorite first-party releases for the DC...so damn goofy.

There should be more games on my post (especially DC ones) but I had to refrain myshelf from buying too many games since I hit a bump last month: my company closed its offices in my country and now I am looking for a new job :-(

But there is still plenty of things coming in the mail, like DoDonPachi and Mamoru-kun LE for the 360 and a japanese original Xbox system. I will post pictures as soon they arrive.

ZROCOOL

aka II VerTigo II
Yesterdays pick up

BlazBlue

3682149236_9921ca118d.jpg

3682151358_e058661d88.jpg

and a Lab for my son

3681354661_3390fed612.jpg

3681352373_074c023e51.jpg

BTW markman, where did you get that ryu shirt from?

Top Bottom