• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

nyprimus2

af8rjn.jpg

BlazBlue LE with Gamestop Online Exclusive Art Book
Left 4 Dead
MLB 2K9

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
My deck is finally got done last week. Start to finish.

xmicet.jpg

97tzsz.jpg

sqns6o.jpg

v5bw2u.jpg

Deck stuff and new grill to add to the others just in time for the 4th!

11hx69s.jpg

t675te.jpg

New PS3 to replace third PS3. I said I was going to get a couple of TE Sticks eventually and other stuff.

n6rvc4.jpg

1pb993.jpg

263bjg8.jpg

My Viper outfit!
260qtqr.jpg

This is my first time posting in one of these threads, so I'll just show off all the knick-knacks I've acquired in recent history.

HNI_0021.jpg

^From left to right: Metal Gear Rex papercraft, Stay Puft Marshmallow Man Squeeze Toy, Spider-man action figure (doll lol), Thwomp Papercraft^

HNI_0022.jpg

^Yeah, this is made of paper. It took a long time to make, but it was really fun, and now I have a really accurate model of Rex that I made myself! I think it's neat.^

HNI_0023.jpg

^Just a small sample of the many Spider-man comics that I have. On the left there is the entire Marvel Secret Wars story arc, in which Spider-man first obtains his famous black suit, in the middle are some recent comics I got from my subscription, and on the right is Maximum Carnage, where Spider-man and Venom are forced to work together to defeat a rampaging maniac in New York City.^

HNI_0024.jpg

HNI_0025.jpg

HNI_0026.jpg

HNI_0027.jpg

HNI_0028.jpg

^Here we have the greatest toys to ever be made on the face of the earth. I've had most of these since I was just a kid (I have Darth Vader's ship somewhere too, but it's lost atm) and I still think they're totally rad. No stupid electronics like in most modern toys, which means the batteries will never die, and they're safe to play with in water. They all have cool moving parts like in the movies, and the pilot and droid in the ships come out so you can play with those, too. If I ever have kids, I will pass these along to them. :lol ^

HNI_0029.jpg

^Stuff Mr. Saturn. 'Nuff said, boing.^

HNI_0031.jpg

^A plastic Mario toy that I got at PAX a few years ago

HNI_0032.jpg

^A fluffy Luigi hat pillow that I got at that same convention.^

HNI_0030.jpg

^I got this as a birthday present. I don't really have any answers to your questions.^

Oh, and all these photos were taken on a DSi, which I guess is a pickup, too. :lol

I picked up a bunch of stuff, but I've been so busy I haven't had time to take pictures aside from this:

Photo_063009_001.jpg

Had to replace my DeathAdder since internal components / skin melted after being forgotten and left in the sun for a few hours (hot Arizona sun).

Also grabbed Ghostbusters, Prototype, Overlord 2, etc. etc.

Oh and a PlayStation Eye + games. I'll take a picture WITH that later :lol

Edit - Almost forgot about the picture of this little beautiful machine:

easyvapev2.jpg

Best pickup in months! :p

HUELEN10

autobzooty said:
HNI_0030.jpg

^I got this as a birthday present. I don't really have any answers to your questions.^
Wow, I have never seen this breed before. I have some answers for you though! It is a bootleg, originally circa 2008 I believe. This might be an uncommon variation, as the one with bare feet seems to be more common.
wz_0402.jpg

If I am not mistaken, these are made by the same people who sell those bootleg Nack the Weasel plushies that look identical to the real thing, minus tag of course! I want one of those bad, but there are just too many bootlegs of it out there.
958e_12.JPG

Loxley

Half-way through the first one and really liking it so far, but I would be lying if I said I wasn't playing through it as fast as I could just so I could get to GoWII, which I hear is much better :)

4 bakin' up mah dataz.

Yes Boss!

Jaroof said:
I know, but.. The picture just made me laugh.
Never mind. On with the Pick-Ups!!

I think it is trying to reinforce that you should bend your knees!

In any case, got my other BlazBlue in. This one for the trusty PS3.

P1010449.jpg

JEKKI

whoo! first pickups of the month time!!

2j15ulk.jpg

gladly double dipping as this game is effin incredible!!

oji7au.jpg

I jus got back from Anime Expo... I will be going back tomorrow tho for the BlazBlue X GuiltyGear panel and BB tournament

23vgnwn.jpg

13ynofa.jpg

I was gonna get my daikokuya on my way back home, but the cart of heavens jus happened to be setting up shop on my way back to the car.

<3 bacon dogs!

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Solideliquid said:
Went to IKEA today (again)

SATER $399

10x8ytk.jpg

POANG $199

http://i41.tinypic.com/2coohs4.jpg[/MG]

LACK side table $12.99

[IMG]http://i39.tinypic.com/2a0dcmt.jpg[MG][/QUOTE]
I love that couch. Nice pick ups, man.

neoism

Beq said:
From the three past months..

Taken from my T-Mobile G1 Google Phone

20090703113423.jpg

Samsung HL61A750 LED DLP 61" TV

20090703114436.jpg

The boxset that doesn't really have a name on the front is the True Blood Season 1 Blu Ray
dude nice pick ups!

Fox the Sly

HUELEN10 said:
My gaming room is 80 percent done now! The TV has been fully degaussed and is now in the room! Pardon the pics, but it is damn hard getting good shots of a CRT in action!
da5b03ff.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v283/huelen1/Game%20Collections/095a7789.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v283/huelen1/Game%20Collections/ccb78033.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v283/huelen1/Game%20Collections/690413de.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v283/huelen1/Game%20Collections/ba4df003.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v283/huelen1/Game%20Collections/e3df6ad1.jpg[IMG]
I am in [B]LOVE[/B] with my [B][U]Sony KD-34XBR970 720p 34 inch CRT HDTV[/U][/B]! NES, SNES, Genesis, and Saturn games look SOOOOOO good on it! My Wii looks simply spectacular, and I have never seen SMG run better IRL than on this set. Additionally, it is great playing 360 games in 720p, FINALLY!

So happy! Best 200 USD I have ever spent, bar-none! Easily the last set that I'll ever need to buy. This is a thing that if something ever went wrong with it, I would pay to have it repaired, rather than get a new one. It is that good![/QUOTE]

Glorious, glorious cloudbush!

Ratchet and Clank thanks to GAF, couldn't find anymore Gran Turismo in my area though
Julypikups3.jpg

Julypikups1.jpg

new glasses after not changing my old ones for about 7ish years
Julypikups2.jpg
Julypikups4.jpg

HUELEN10

_dementia said:
Pretty much. Huelen10, that TV accepts 720p but it outputs 1080i
Sigh, not this debate again. Some CRT HDTVs 720p native do exist. http://www.digitalconnection.com/products/directview/dm7352sf.asp proves it. This model of Trinitron is kind of hard to place. The specs from the user manual, and the specs from the service manual are not the same, therefore I have no way of knowing it 100 percent. It is capable of accepting both, but the native I am not too sure about. Not that it matters much in this case, but even so, it is NOT a fixed pixel display, so why bother?

Beq

Neo Member
Dragoon_lantz said:
Ratchet and Clank thanks to GAF, couldn't find anymore Gran Turismo in my area though

Julypikups1.jpg

Holy shit, when I was panning down the page, I thought Batman had his leg spread open.

About gave me a heart attack man.

Also, Amazon finally got off their ass and sent Blazblue out. The didn't actually get it in until July 2, so "free" one day shipping isnt too bad.

20090704244647.jpg

Yes Boss! said:
I think it is trying to reinforce that you should bend your knees!

In any case, got my other BlazBlue in. This one for the trusty PS3.

P1010449.jpg

Hey Boss, can you do a quick comparison on both versions? My pal got the PS3 version and I have the XB360, and I think the XB360 has sharper 3D backgrounds... Could be because we're running different resolutions. Him 720p and me 1080p. They both sound about the same, the PS3's audio is not uncompressed.

This is my first time posting after months of reading the pick up thread.

Sorry for the poor quality, my only camera is the DSi.

Some new vinyl:

The new DOOM album
DOOM.jpg

Stuart from Belle & Sebastian's side project
God save.jpg

Sonic Youth's new one
Sonic Youth Eternal.jpg

an amazing Nina Simone dvd and some games
games.jpg

inFAMOUS was $30 from the Future Shop sale, Target Terror looked like a fun game with the Wii perfect shot in one hand and a beer in the other, if I can find Mad Dog McCree for as cheap I may have to get that.

Proc said:
How are these? Huge fans of both bands, and have been meaning to check them out.

They're both great. I've only given "God help the Girl" a cursory listen, but it sounds good. "the Eternal" is fantastic. I was also pleased both records came with the download code to get the mp3's off the matador site. Much like hermaphrodites, vinyl with free digital download gives you the best of both worlds...

Struct09

grap3fruitman said:
Those are screenshots he took with his iPhone/iPod Touch. Home+Hold captures a screenshot FYI.

And please stop saying "Fail," it hasn't been funny for a long time.

So Rolando 2's home screen says "Summer 2009"? And the Sims 3 and PvZ pics were taken with an iPhone too?

However I do agree about the misuse of the word "fail".

Top Bottom