• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MAY Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
drakesfortune said:
Nice. The Dark Tower books are my favorite books...except the last one. I didn't realize they did graphic novels. I'm normally not into that sort of thing, but I think I might have to get that one.

I am still on Wolves of the Calla, I have heard the saga does not end well but I've come too far to stop now!

My Blu-ray pickup for the month. I have really been cutting back on my HD purchases and only buy reference quality transfers. Sometime between this and next month I will purchase Baraka and Sin City.

Picture018.jpg

robot

Hooray! I haven't posted my pickups in a looong time. 2 of the games are from April but the rest is May. Even bought a few things from some people on the boards. And set everything up on my glass table. Nice!

Xbox 360 Games! WWF, Ninja Blade, Gundam 2 and Wolverine! All awesome!
IMG_0154.jpg

Nike Air Something! Awesome again!
IMG_0155.jpg

Killzone 2 and Kill Bill! Wow Awesome!
IMG_0156-1.jpg

I've been looking for a couch for my media room since July/August and I finally settled on this. I'm not 100% satisfied but it's been way too long and I just decided to settle on something.

IMG_3026.jpg

Now we have somewhere to sit in my lovely room! Ignore the chair on top of the box for the sub I'm returning and that whole mess back there. =P

IMG_3027.jpg

nib95

Banned
A very expensive month indeed!

Wacom Intuos4 Graphic tablet.

P1b.jpg

HP LP2475w S-IPS 24" Monitor

P3b.jpg

P2b.jpg

Canon 500d DSLR

P4.jpg

Wallet says ouch!

JEKKI

I bought games!

11jbtya.jpg

20% coupon! and I already beat Bioshock so I look forward to returning it back to the store!

also picked up...

33dksx4.jpg

I've been on 'GAFcation' for 3 months so I didn't get to post for the last few. The following is a blend of May, April and a DASH of Feb.

15wnmll.jpg

Picked this bad boy up on Saturday

fvl3lu.jpg

Flek

Banned
Blablurn said:
Finally :lol

lol customs suck ass .. i fucking hate it when i have to go to the customs office to pick my shit up...they have opening houers so stupid you have to take a half day off for it ..

Blablurn

Flek said:
lol customs suck ass .. i fucking hate it when i have to go to the customs office to pick my shit up...they have opening houers so stupid you have to take a half day off for it ..

the funny thing is: i met an old school friend from many years ago :lol still, paying 10 euro is still a bummer.

Donos

inspired by someone with a seagate HD in the GAF pick up thread i bought this little beauty. 320 GB Western Digital. no extra power is needed. just usb. 66€ @ Amazon.

2qvzfhy.jpg

nzread.jpg

9kmn9t.jpg

6sb6dt.jpg

nny

DSC04379.jpg

That's a DVD of the Japanese live action adaptation of part of Osamu Tezuka's "Phoenix"; the Spanish edition was the only one I could find.

Gagaman said:
http://i42.tinypic.com/aaazom.jpg[IMG]

These are from last month but I forgot to post about the photo in the previous thread. Ho hum.

Also have a Super Nintendo and games in the post. Can't waiiiit.

That really animu looking title next to Sakura Wars Columns is actually a crazy addictive battle ship game called Daisessen. A real case of don't judge a game by it's cover, found out about it from an old IGN review.[/QUOTE]

oooh...Communication Logic Battle Daisessen...very nice. How much was it?

Sean

Banned
Donos said:
inspired by someone with a seagate HD in the GAF pick up thread i bought this little beauty. 320 GB Western Digital. no extra power is needed. just usb. 66€ @ Amazon.

I'm curious how loud is this hard drive? Guessing it's silent or quiet but I wanna know for sure before buying.

Donos

Sean said:
I'm curious how loud is this hard drive? Guessing it's silent or quiet but I wanna know for sure before buying.

you don't notice any sound at all and i just copied 30 GB of data. the fan of my quiet acer laptop is louder (with no workload). if you touch the HD you can feel a really slight vibration but thats all.

it got 102 5star and 32 4star ratings out of 149 on amazon.de

http://www.amazon.de/dp/B0012IAA8G/

the only tiny CON so far is that it is a fingerprint magnet :)

Kagami

ArchAngel said:
Kagami said:
The Geass (& Macross) marathon is finally over!
I'll take a photo of my Geass collection when my vol.9s get here on Monday.
Kinda lame they didn't make a box for the season 1 BDs though.
It's Monday! And a box from Amazon is here:
34gr39u.jpg

Macross F BD vol. 9 (final) w/box, Code Geass BD vol. 9 (final), Code Geass R2 BD vol. 9 (final) w/box, and the first issue of Nyantype.
Nine months of grueling cartoon-purchasing is finally over.
It was tough but somehow I made it.

Macross F collection
2chs0lj.jpg

Code Geass collection
21ah8wh.jpg

Defuser

Kagami said:
It's Monday! And a box from Amazon is here:
http://i44.tinypic.com/34gr39u.jpg
Macross F BD vol. 9 (final) w/box, Code Geass BD vol. 9 (final), Code Geass R2 BD vol. 9 (final) w/box, and the first issue of Nyantype.
Nine months of grueling cartoon-purchasing is finally over.
It was tough but somehow I made it.

Macross F collection
http://i41.tinypic.com/2chs0lj.jpg
Code Geass collection
http://i40.tinypic.com/21ah8wh.jpg
Turn in your GAF membership. Anime gaf hates Code Geass and Macross Frontier.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Got my PSP in the mail today. Happy to find that the satin red matches the color of my phone and my camera (which, given this is my only camera, is kind of hard to take a picture of) exactly. :)

28chuyp.jpg

xero273

Defuser said:
Turn in your GAF membership. Anime gaf hates Code Geass and Macross Frontier.

All that is left is for kagami to post his Gundam SEED and SEED destiny collection, then we'll burn his gaf membership.

cakefoo

steelseries mousepad & Logitech MX 310 arrived today. Nothing special about these really- just wore out my old set.

2s8nygl.jpg

But the 4x-too-big box and wad of kraft paper had me saying, "Ohhh amazon, you rascals!"

volt01

Neo Member
cakefoo said:
steelseries mousepad & Logitech MX 310 arrived today. Nothing special about these really- just wore out my old set.

http://i41.tinypic.com/2s8nygl.jpg[/IMG]

But the 4x-too-big box and wad of kraft paper had me saying, "Ohhh amazon, you rascals!"

The mx310 is my all time favorite mouse. It was killed by java programming though :(

cakefoo

volt01 said:
The mx310 is my all time favorite mouse. It was killed by java programming though :(
It's like the buttons, ergonomics, and handling were built for my hand specifically.

It's my favorite too :)

Nice pickup Yes Boss!

3501841883_97af7259c7.jpg

Been on a VOOT kick lately thanks to XBLA
I managed to find a new, unassembled 1:144 scale Temjin model kit (it's like, 10 years old!), so I had to pick it up.

DemiMatt

nib95 said:
A very expensive month indeed!

Wacom Intuos4 Graphic tablet.

P1b.jpg

HP LP2475w S-IPS 24" Monitor

P3b.jpg

P2b.jpg

Canon 500d DSLR

P4.jpg

Wallet says ouch!

That monitor is the truth! So0o friggin good, we have em at work, so I decided to get one for my new set up. Best monitor around without breaking a grand for 24 inchers.

DJ GT-S

Banned
Har Har! I take pic of 10MP camera with 0.3MP phone.

20rwvw3.jpg

I wanted a Sony HX1, but when the reviews started coming in and I saw sample pics of how it's noise reduction/JPEG smears EVERYTHING, I went for an FZ28 and saved a bundle.

Kobiekun

MiscGames01.jpg

Both Super Robot Taisen and Nobunaga's Amibition are awesome so far. Haven't had the chance to start Disaster Report, but I've heard good things. :D

CastleCrashers.jpg

Played it with a friend until 1AM on Friday.

Looking forward to Bionic Commando and inFamous later in the month.

Kagami

xero273 said:
All that is left is for kagami to post his Gundam SEED and SEED destiny collection, then we'll burn his gaf membership.
Haha. Unfortunately (?) I haven't seen those, or hardly any Gundam, for that matter.
I did watch the first season of 00, and...welllll, there're no Gundam BDs in that Amazon box.

Struct09

AwRy108 said:
...and they suck when they're not amplified.

They may be best used with an amplifier, but they definitely don't "suck" when not amplified. I normally have them hooked into an amp, but I also use my 595's with my Zune and DS quite often and they sound great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom