• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MAY 2015 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods & MORE!

WBvb.jpg

XBvb.jpg

YBvb.jpg

Sooooooo jealous!

MilkLizard

It has been a good month so far. Joined the Witcher 3 crowd.

The last volume of Scott Pilgrim Colored Edition arrived.

Carpenter Brut Trilogy LP

Guardians of the Galaxy LP from Mondo.

NotSelf

I don't know if that's your Cursive cd, but I approve. Domestica is in my top 5 of all time...classic.

My friend would always would play cursive albums for me this one was my favorite really enjoy the guitar work. He was a very depressed fellow I could understand why he would play cursive so much. I'm always interested in new music if you don't mind sharing what is your other top 4?

pcjpoj2.jpg

Arrived today, just before a three day weekend here in Norway :)

2x the build below for me and the fiance. It will be her first build so looking forward to it. Then on to The Witcher!

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor ($279.99 @ Micro Center)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($31.50 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($129.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: Kingston Savage 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-2133 Memory ($144.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($187.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr V Video Card ($339.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Fractal Design Define R5 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($97.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($69.30 @ SuperBiiz)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($16.98 @ OutletPC)
Total: $1298.72
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-05-22 10:17 EDT-0400

Was going to get a XBR-65X940C but grew tired of waiting, so decided to save some cash and get a XBR-65X930C instead.

pTtqAzS.jpg

oQ6ghjl.jpg

vkK2EBQ.jpg

gjzCflH.jpg

Nice, I bought the 65X850B in January. These Sony sets are amazing and yours is probably even better than my set with features and picture quality. What did this one cost?

How did you hide the cables? In the wall? Looks great.

Yeah, all in the wall. If you look at the side of the pics you'll see a crawl space to access behind the wall.

Nice, I bought the 65X850B in January. These Sony sets are amazing and yours is probably even better than my set with features and picture quality. What did this one cost?

After some promotions and a major shipping issue (it was left alone on a dock for a full week because shipping forgot about it), I ended up getting it for $3,500.

FOOTE

It's been a long time since I last posted in this thread but I just got something that I've wanted for a pretty long time so I wanted to share.

35btNRt.jpg

naib

Had to say goodbye to my to my '05 WRX monday. Totaled out by a freak hail storm. Had less than 100k miles on it. The farewell at the body shop was more emotional than I should admit.

But her spirit lives on. Got a pretty good
(amazing)
settlement check from the insurance company and put it down on a new ride.

Kinda ironic that my last ride looked like a golf ball when I surrendered it. :D

Bonus pic of the WRX when it was still pristine. Damn i loved that car.
:'(

Oh!
Also got a T300RS wheel, stand and shifter but haven't taken pics yet. I'll post all that together once I get the pedals w/ the clutch. Probably next month's thread.

Naite

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($31.50 @ SuperBiiz)
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($187.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr V Video Card ($339.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($69.30 @ SuperBiiz)
Nice. I recently upgraded my computer to a similar build but I went for the cheaper i5 4690k instead and still using my xfx 7950. Kinda tempted to get a gigabyte gtx 970 g1, but I'm holding off till the newer batch of video cards come out.

naib

I mulled over the decision of my new car for about 6 months. It was either going to be a GTI or a Jeep Wrangler... Apples to oranges, I know.
Ha! When I was shopping for my WRX I tried out a Wrangler. I've always wanted a Jeep myself. It was fun to drive but the clutch had more travel then i liked. Whole lotta stomping.

I considered it again this time around but I have kids now. We already have an SUV for getting the fam around, but the GTI was easier to rationalize.

Enjoy it!

It's been a long time since I last posted in this thread but I just got something that I've wanted for a pretty long time so I wanted to share.

35btNRt.jpg

I bought my Black Mesa mug ages ago and funny enough, my parents seem to use the mug more than I do - even when I first bought the thing.

finalflame

Had to say goodbye to my to my '05 WRX monday. Totaled out by a freak hail storm. Had less than 100k miles on it. The farewell at the body shop was more emotional than I should admit.

But her spirit lives on. Got a pretty good
(amazing)
settlement check from the insurance company and put it down on a new ride.

Kinda ironic that my last ride looked like a golf ball when I surrendered it. :D

Bonus pic of the WRX when it was still pristine. Damn i loved that car.
:'(

Oh!
Also got a T300RS wheel, stand and shifter but haven't taken pics yet. I'll post all that together once I get the pedals w/ the clutch. Probably next month's thread.

Awesome pick up! I just went from an '09 WRX to a '15 Fiesta (very different switch), but leaving the rex behind was a bit emotional, even if deliberate.

Caayn

Quick question about 4K TV's in general, doesn't 1080p content, like a console game, look blurry on a 4K display given that it is sub-native? I have come to enjoy the crispy native 1080p presentations on the new gen consoles, and I wouldn't give that up for a while.
1080p, and 720p, scale perfectly to 4k. For each pixel you've got on a 1080p display you've exactly three more on a 4k display. So the upscale process is relatively easy without distorting the ratio or any of the values. Unlike when you're scaling from 720p to 1080p for example.

X = one pixel on a 1080p display.
XX
XX = That same pixel upscaled to a 4k display.

So a single pixel on a 1080p resolution would become a collection of four pixels on a 4k display. For 720 it becomes a collection of 9 pixels.

etta

my hard graphic balls
1080p, and 720p, scale perfectly to 4k. For each pixel you've got on a 1080p display you've exactly three more on a 4k display. So the upscale process is relatively easy without distorting the ratio or any of the values. Unlike when you're scaling from 720p to 1080p for example.

X = one pixel on a 1080p display.
XX
XX = That same pixel upscaled to a 4k display.

So a single pixel on a 1080p resolution would become a collection of four pixels on a 4k display. For 720 it becomes a collection of 9 pixels.

Oh ok, so that is why people seem to be fine with 1080p gaming on 4K sets, because the ratio is still proportional with whole numbers. Then I might switch to one of those Sony 4K panels sooner, but I will still wait a year or two for the panel technology to mature.

myco666

Got bunch of stuff this month.

Bloodborne CE Strategy Guide. After skimming through most of it have to say I am very pleased with this.
W6kPzil.jpg

Didn't play TNO so decided to try Old Blood before it since it is much cheaper. Also haven't never seen any Mad Max movies and that trilogy was really cheap. The first Mad Max hasn't even ever been showed in theaters or TV here in Finland so really excited to watch these.
7tDEn5C.jpg

Went to Berlin last week and bought few vinyls and a bag from local HC/Punk store.
Refused - This Just Might Be the Truth, Backtrack - Darker Half, Wolf Down - Stray From the Path
DvXTWEu.jpg

This Pyramid Thing figure is super great considering how cheap it was. Fits nicely with my Berserk Figmas.
vCazlyt.jpg

xdIqWoG.jpg

Going through Berserk at the moment and got volumes from 20 to 22.
O055tgv.jpg

Also got my first smartphone (iPhone 5C) ever. Didn't manage to take pictures from it though so yeah.

Got in a Famicom with AV Mod and Power Light! Added on a NES to FC adaptor too.

Also jumped back into PC Engine stuff with a like New Core Grafx and a great lot of games.

iuZcPmc.jpg

pJo81Rv.jpg

Also grabbed some more CD soundtracks. HAven't played the Etrian Odyssey series but this soundtrack comes with a PC-8801 version (and done by Yuzo Koshiro)

sqVECCq.jpg

dperrin

Got in a Famicom with AV Mod and Power Light! Added on a NES to FC adaptor too.

Also jumped back into PC Engine stuff with a like New Core Grafx and a great lot of games.

iuZcPmc.jpg

pJo81Rv.jpg

Also grabbed some more CD soundtracks. HAven't played the Etrian Odyssey series but this soundtrack comes with a PC-8801 version (and done by Yuzo Koshiro)

sqVECCq.jpg

Was the Core Grafx ever sold in America? I'd love to get one regardless as I hate the USA turbografx design.

Asparagus

Finally got a hard dance pad after all these years. Pulling off moves now that are just not possible on the soft mats. This is the Omega GX from Precision Dance Pads.

That looks great. I've been wanting to get back into DDR again but I'm gona have to get a hard mat if I do.

God knows how much shipping to the UK would be though.

BOTEC

Bloodborne CE Strategy Guide. After skimming through most of it have to say I am very pleased with this.
http://i.imgur.com/W6kPzil.jpg?2[img]

Didn't play TNO so decided to try Old Blood before it since it is much cheaper. Also haven't never seen any Mad Max movies and that trilogy was really cheap. The first Mad Max haven't even ever been showed in theaters or TV here in Finland so really excited to watch these.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/7tDEn5C.jpg?1

Went to Berlin last week and bought few vinyls and a bag from local HC/Punk store.
http://i.imgur.com/DvXTWEu.jpg?2[img]

This Pyramid Thing figure is super great considering how cheap it was. Fits nicely with my Berserk Figmas.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/vCazlyt.jpg?2[img]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/xdIqWoG.jpg?2[img]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/O055tgv.jpg?2[img]

Also got my first smartphone (iPhone 5C) ever. Didn't manage to take pictures from it though so yeah.[/QUOTE]

You and me had the same idea. But for some reason that collection isn't easily available to me, so I picked them up individually. Mad Max 1 is a newer collectors edition with more extra stuff too.

zmet

It! The Terror From Beyond Space and Turn A Gundam Part I

Ranma 1/2 Blu-ray Set 6 and loose Super Gussun Oyoyo 1&2 for the Super Famicom

Nice. I recently upgraded my computer to a similar build but I went for the cheaper i5 4690k instead and still using my xfx 7950. Kinda tempted to get a gigabyte gtx 970 g1, but I'm holding off till the newer batch of video cards come out.

Yeah the i5 is probably the smarter choice overall, just wanted to to future proof a little (was very happy with my i7 920).

Ans i wish as was as patient as you for those new cards :)

lem0n

pcjpoj2.jpg

Arrived today, just before a three day weekend here in Norway :)

2x the build below for me and the fiance. It will be her first build so looking forward to it. Then on to The Witcher!

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Wow, that is nearly identical to my very recent build. It's a hell of a machine, and it's super quiet too!

Not quite as exciting as last month's pickup but I did manage to finally pickup Evangelion: Death and Rebirth as well as End of Evangelion on DVD for $8 a piece (AUD) at a retro games store in Queanbeyan. These are selling for well over $100 each on eBay regularly so it was a pretty great find!

Also caved and imported a Toon Link amiibo from Japan

And the only game releases this month of any consequence for me:

Also picked up a few blu-rays that have been on my list for a while:

And finally, if you saw my last months pickup I got a red Gameboy Micro and have spent the last few weeks building my GBA collection:

LostAnkh

Didn't play TNO so decided to try Old Blood before it since it is much cheaper. Also haven't never seen any Mad Max movies and that trilogy was really cheap. The first Mad Max haven't even ever been showed in theaters or TV here in Finland so really excited to watch these.

Also got my first smartphone (iPhone 5C) ever. Didn't manage to take pictures from it though so yeah.
That Berserker Armor Guts is making me sooooo jelly.

myco666

You and me had the same idea. But for some reason that collection isn't easily available to me, so I picked them up individually. Mad Max 1 is a newer collectors edition with more extra stuff too.

Weird since it seems here almost every store has bunch of them.

That Berserker Armor Guts is making me sooooo jelly.

It is pretty cool figure but costs like crazy. Had to pay about 120 euros for it and it was used. Don't know if it was worth it though lol.

jpatez34

Neo Member
My May pickups:

First the one I've been waiting almost 30 years for... Apollyon AKA Megatron!

DSC_0082.JPG

I must be one of the lucky ones as mine has no major issues what so ever.

Next we have the beginnings of probably the biggest (and most expensive!) combiner in my Transformer collection... Warbotron AKA Bruticus!

Whirlwind

DSC_0090.JPG

Heavy Noisy

DSC_0091.JPG

Air Burst

DSC_0092.JPG

I have the rest of the team on the way from Big Bad Toy Store.

Next I have finally received my Smash Bros CD!

DSC_0096.JPG

And finally this month, my Marvel Collectors Corp crate arrived and with it the crowning jewel of my POP Figure collection... Hulkbuster!

DSC_0002.JPG

Bonus round!

I also received this awesome Bart The Fly Kidrobot from my Simpsons Secret Santa on Redditgifts.

DSC_0086.JPG

And I also have the first figure of Warbotrons next combiner WB-03!

Turbo Ejector

DSC_0094.JPG

meppi

This will probably be my last gaming splooge for a long time as I just signed the papers to buying a new house. :)

A Japanese n3DSLL with a couple of games.

lQhPX3r.jpg

Already got a couple of nice downloads going as well.
Club Nintendo Picos Plus
Several Kunio-Kun games
and Elevator Action which is one of my all-time favourite arcade games. :D
Oh, not to mention all the classic Sega system themes.

b1hHpRo.jpg

TomServo

Got a pretty big promotion at work that came with a very significant pay increase. Let myself keep the extra money from the first check before I start dumping the raise into my portfolio.

Was between this and some moderate PC upgrades:

With a seven month old in the house and only having time for late night gaming, the free headset at Best Buy was a big deal. They also price matched Amazon on Sunset Overdrive and Forza. Got Ryse cheap off of eBay after I sold the MCC download code.

Of course, with the new job and new baby, I've had about three hours to play in the week I've had it.

Taker34

Banned
a6aa7.jpg

Love that old school feeling. So many things included, plus a manual! A manual in 2015!

ynb64.jpg

Now this is a strange pick up, imo. Received 2 wages because reasons, saw that Xbone + Skylanders with some random figures and some usb portal thing; bought it because GT7 probably won't arrive on PS4 for quite some time. It only cost me 200€. Bought it exclusively for Forza 5 and Horizon... so that's a reasonable price. :)

Top Bottom