• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MAY Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mostly anime-related pick-ups this time around. Just fair warning.

SID's Uso cd single (includes a FMA: Brotherhood sticker):
IMG_0825.jpg

IMG_0823.jpg

IMG_0822.jpg

Yakitate Japan vol. 17 & two bottles of Sapporo milk coffee...
IMG_0826.jpg

Distant Worlds (Final Fantasy symphonic concert) ticket:
IMG_0828.jpg

Prince of Tennis dvds vols. 2-4 (I already own vol. 1) that I got for half-price from Borders.
IMG_0829.jpg

...I need to get some games soon...which will most likely be Punch-Out & Devil Summoner 2

Brashnir

Speevy said:
Didn't technically get any of these in May, but two of them arrived today (4/30) and the other one was purchased within the last 2 weeks.

3490900386_4a9a1a9d16.jpg

I picked up Valkyria Chronicles as well.

Donos

A pair of fresh Nobby Nic 2.25 tires and a pair of tubes for my MTB

2qjkvgw.jpg

new assembly stand (a real cheap one) and a Alpine Thunder Helmet.

2qsqbkw.jpg

time to go outside.

Alpha_eX

I was woken up by a parcel to the head, thankfully, it was soft, in my sleepy state I had no idea what it was until I opened it...

0509_01.jpg

Sack Boy!

Gagaman

Pretty sweet haul at the boot sales this week, especially when it comes to Mega Drive games.

x1hkba.jpg

Never even heard of Havoc before, so that one was a pleasant surprise (for a blatant Sonic knock off, anyway).

6iz9cx.jpg

The Turbo Flying Hat Adventure cart doesn't work :(

24yqvqd.jpg

Shame the guy didn't have the other. Only £2 though.

Alpha_eX said:
I was woken up by a parcel to the head, thankfully, it was soft, in my sleepy state I had no idea what it was until I opened it...

0509_01.jpg

Sack Boy!
European?! I need a US shop to carry Sack Boys. My line of characters is lacking in brown (only Domo Kun). Sonic and Ash from Evil Dead have stolen the spotlight.

Donos said:
inspired by someone with a seagate HD in the GAF pick up thread i bought this little beauty. 320 GB Western Digital. no extra power is needed. just usb. 66€ @ Amazon.

2qvzfhy.jpg
Yeah I love USB powered HDD's like that, I brought a 160gig last year and I would be so lost without it, my usb pen is long retired now.

Kagami said:
It's Monday! And a box from Amazon is here:
o.o

zmet

Loose Rockman X and Bikkuriman World HuCard (used - Wonder Boy in Monster Land with Bikkuriman characters)
may1a.jpg

Loose Super Mario World World with instruction manual and American Dad! Vol.4 DVD set
may2a.jpg

Hive

Banned
eXistor said:
Glass Rose, Cing's first game. No idea what to expect, but I love Cing's games so I had to have it.

2z6i0ed.jpg

wow, I imagine that would be a collector's item down the road~

I absolutely love Cing, too

eXistor

Hive said:
wow, I imagine that would be a collector's item down the road~

I absolutely love Cing, too
I got it pretty easy from amazon.co.uk. They even sell it new for 25 pounds. I got it used for 15 pounds.

JEKKI

Gagaman said:
Pretty sweet haul at the boot sales this week, especially when it comes to Mega Drive games.

http://i40.tinypic.com/x1hkba.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]YES!

Ghostbusters for Sega is one of the best games ever!!!

everybody on gaf should play it! to hype them up for the next-gen ghostbusters game! :D

I'd love to post pictures of a freshly opened Bioshock artbook but the damn thing still hasn't arrived two months after I ordered it. Bah.

Yes Boss!

-PXG- said:
How much was that. I remember reading it was REALLY expensive.

Yeah, pricey. I got it for $230. But I'm in the US so had to go through an importer who had to deal with agents in Japan to get around the one-per-household thingie. I think it was $100-$150 at Amazon JPN when it was available. Nothing special about it as it is just the same stuff as the domestic HRAP EX that is $130.

But, a dedicated stick for a Cave shooter is just so damn cool...far far more lovable than Hori's funky Otomedius stick. Hopefully we get another version for the upcoming Mushi Futari.

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
FourSerioux said:
I'd love to post pictures of a freshly opened Bioshock artbook but the damn thing still hasn't arrived two months after I ordered it. Bah.

I was just notified through email that mine shipped today.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Digital-Hero said:
Star Trek (2009) Original Soundtrack by the maestro Michael Giacchino (LOST)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v133/dizzle1980/P1090007.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v133/dizzle1980/P1090005-2.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]
You forgot to mention the best thing in those pictures. Sour Patch Watermelons. **drool**

0506090006.jpg

An awful cellular phone photograph, but depicted is a copy of the new Bioshock: Breaking the Mold artbook and a used copy of Resident Evil 3: Nemesis that also lives in my memory stick. Game Craze also had a new, sealed copy of Silent Hill 4: The Room that I was so tempted to buy, but I declined since I already own it. SH4 didn't come with the soundtrack like the third game, right?

G&W Collection 2 (used... grrr)
Hori GameCube controller (new, but w/o the cardboard box)

2gumcdx.jpg

I actually bought G&W 2 as new (said so in the auction), but when I got it it wasn't shrinkwrapped and it had a couple high scores saved. So the seller refunded me the difference (which wasn't much, that's why I wanted it new, but oh well). Now the item appears in my "to pay" list... what? Also (n00b eBay question time) should I leave positive or neutral feedback?

Yes Boss!

Allan Holdsworth said:

Now the item appears in my "to pay" list... what? Also (n00b eBay question time) should I leave positive or neutral feedback?

If you are happy then I'd let it go. If you wanna leave something then do a neutral. Don't worry, the seller can't leave a negative on you anymore.

Blyss

Banned
Here's some small pick-ups I made this week:

Wipeout HD!

68tyf4.jpg

Street Fighter IV [which is a huge pick-up for me since I never actually bought a beat 'em up before. I thought they were too frustrating. But when actually playing it and getting better, I got rid of my 'phobia'], Killzone 2 [I have an obsession of buying games on release and since I didn't buy Killzone 2 on release I was afraid to buy it at all. Glad I changed my mind :)], PES 2009. Cheap game, fun to play with friends. And finally Bill Bryson's a Short history of nearly everything.

Oh and a Nokia 5310 (opinions?), which I'm taking the pictures with. I didn't buy it for the music since I have an ipod touch. It just looks so thin...and beautiful.

1qki7o.jpg

-PXG-

More stuff, and more to come next week :)

100_1657.jpg

Jungle Beat comes with a Club Nintendo PIN. Professor Layton is for my mom. I hope she likes it. And are people still having trouble getting Klonoa?

Allan Holdsworth said:
Hori GameCube controller (new, but w/o the cardboard box)

2gumcdx.jpg

I actually bought G&W 2 as new (said so in the auction), but when I got it it wasn't shrinkwrapped and it had a couple high scores saved. So the seller refunded me the difference (which wasn't much, that's why I wanted it new, but oh well). Now the item appears in my "to pay" list... what? Also (n00b eBay question time) should I leave positive or neutral feedback?

Where did you get that controller? :D

DSC01852.jpg

Thanks for these recommendations, GAF. I paid $17 for Broken Sword and got Suikoden Tierkreis for free. :)

As soon as I'm done with GTA: CW, I'll open and start with one of these two.

LiK

NintendosBooger said:
DSC01852.jpg

Thanks for these recommendations, GAF. I paid $17 for Broken Sword and got Suikoden Tierkreis for free. :)

As soon as I'm done with GTA: CW, I'll open and start with one of these two.

hey, you came through. nice dude:)

Dat_Drink_Ik_Op said:
Picked up a new DDR pad
http://i42.tinypic.com/14klenq.jpg[IMG]

Also snagged up a sealed copy of Ikaruga for €12 and a new pair of shoes
[IMG]http://i39.tinypic.com/xdy2ra.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
ZOMG SB'S D:

Surprised there have been no "Dog Soldiers" on blu ray purchases considering it's $12.99 on Amazon. Got mine yesterday, it came release day w/prime.

AwRy108 said:
...and they suck when they're not amplified. If you're looking for good iPod cans, get these:

Grado-SR-60

or

Grado SR-80

They don't suck when not amplified. I had the 60's and these are superior in my opinion when both are unamped. The 595s need to be amplified...but the 555s are more than fine without one. Of course I dont use an iPod so I can't say exactly how it sounds on one...but if you have one you obviously don't care about sound quality anyway so it doesnt matter what headphones youre using ;).

Yes Boss! said:
If you are happy then I'd let it go. If you wanna leave something then do a neutral. Don't worry, the seller can't leave a negative on you anymore.

Ok, thanks. I'll leave a neutral so it's gone from the list.

AgentOtaku said:
Where did you get that controller? :D

eBay, they pop from time to time. Wish I had gotten it years ago from play-asia (I think they were $20 or something?), instead of paying more now but I couldn't do online shopping back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom