• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MAY 2015 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods & MORE!

nikos

A few game related pickups from this and last week.

eb3b3eS.png

vbB8NOd.png

2zb41Yo.png

Sf76dls.jpg

Got myself a few this month, as well as a 2ds for my partner.

esiuqKy.jpg

A few blurays and a SSD for my alienware alpha, the difference in speeds is remarkable.

CMApb1l.jpg

Nike Air Roshe for my partner.

pfvwTJP.jpg

Nike Air Max 90 for my son.

fUapLqj.jpg

4G mifi for my holiday.

PiNdHlt.jpg

Needed some some more sockets, this was on sale in Costco for cheap.

hoP8TcJ.jpg

Got a Raspberry Pi 512 B, and I am using spillpass for streetpass hits at the moment.

Rich!

Saw this recommended in another thread, bought it for £20 from an ebay seller...arrived in two days:

No hyperbole, this is without a doubt one of the best controllers I have ever used. It's absolutely fantastic. The buttons and dpad are fucking perfect and the build quality is flawless. Works with the Wii, Wii U, PC, Android. The presentation of the box is superb too, and it really feels like a premium product. Can't believe it was £20. Anyhow, a bit of work and I got it set up with my major pick up this week, biggest of the year really:

ordinary SNES? no:

As explained in this thread, I gutted a broken PAL SNES, cleaned it up, and installed a raspberry pi inside. Hooked it up to the power switch and LED, added support for the actual controller ports for real controllers and added HDMI/USB power sockets at the back.

Features:

- Bluetooth
- Wireless N support for remote control and file transfer
- 16GB storage
- Support for NES, SNES, GBA, PSX, Megadrive/Genesis, GB, GBC all at full speed, all navigated through the lovely emulationstation setup purely with a SNES pad.
- Support for two real SNES pads via the front ports, up to 4 controllers configured at once.

I set it so the wireless 8bitdo SNES30 pad shown above is registered as controller 1 and that the front ports act as players 2 and 3. Controller 4 is a PS3 pad or Wii U Pro controller. Had a test run of Super Mario Kart earlier and it was amazing.

so yeah pretty much the best thing I have ever made, apart from my daughter of course. well impressed with myself

Saw this recommended in another thread, bought it for £20 from an ebay seller...arrived in two days:

No hyperbole, this is without a doubt one of the best controllers I have ever used. It's absolutely fantastic. The buttons and dpad are fucking perfect and the build quality is flawless. Works with the Wii, Wii U, PC, Android. The presentation of the box is superb too, and it really feels like a premium product. Can't believe it was £20. Anyhow, a bit of work and I got it set up with my major pick up this week, biggest of the year really:

ordinary SNES? no:

As explained in this thread, I gutted a broken PAL SNES, cleaned it up, and installed a raspberry pi inside. Hooked it up to the power switch and LED, added support for the actual controller ports for real controllers and added HDMI/USB power sockets at the back.

Features:

- Bluetooth
- 16GB storage
- Support for NES, SNES, GBA, PSX, Megadrive/Genesis, GB, GBC all at full speed, all navigated through the lovely emulationstation setup purely with a SNES pad.
- Support for two real SNES pads via the front ports, up to 4 controllers configured at once.

I set it so the wireless 8bitdo SNES30 pad shown above is registered as controller 1 and that the front ports act as players 2 and 3. Controller 4 is a PS3 pad or Wii U Pro controller. Had a test run of Super Mario Kart earlier and it was amazing.

so yeah pretty much the best thing I have ever made, apart from my daughter of course. well impressed with myself

DAMN.

I am not worthy!

ordinary SNES? no:

Features:

- Bluetooth
- 16GB storage

gorgeous

can you load up arcade emulators as well?

Rich!

gorgeous

can you load up arcade emulators as well?

thanks! and yeah, works with neo geo, fba, cps2, cps3, etc.

DAMN.

I am not worthy!

haha thanks man

took a lot of hard work. anyhow, here's a video of it working, turning on/off via the power switch, and some fucking terrible one handed mario kart via the bluetooth and real SNES pads. Bear in mind my phone camera films at 30fps, the console and games run at full 60fps and are far smoother than this video would have you believe:

https://youtu.be/FhnYu4eEABQ

haha thanks man

took a lot of hard work. anyhow, here's a video of it working, turning on/off via the power switch, and some fucking terrible one handed mario kart via the bluetooth and real SNES pads. Bear in mind my phone camera films at 30fps, the console and games run at full 60fps and are far smoother than this video would have you believe:

That's really nice and its got me thinking of doing the same with my second NA Snes.

thelatestmodel

Junior, please.

Shit, and I just got two of the Buffalo SNES pads. They're pretty damn good, but going from this description, I now feel like I'm missing out.

ordinary SNES? no:

Features:

- Bluetooth
- 16GB storage

Hold on, Raspberry Pi can play those systems flawlessly, and there is a fancy UI for it too?

And and, would a PS4 controller work?

Rich!

Hold on, Raspberry Pi can play those systems flawlessly, and there is a fancy UI for it too?

And and, would a PS4 controller work?

Raspberry Pi 2 can. And yeah, PS4 pad works. Retropie comes preconfigured with that awesome ui. Just clone to an SD and off you go.

Only game I've tried so far that the pi struggles with is Yoshis Island which has slight stuttering in busy areas, but I'm sure a mild over clock would fix that.

All other games work locked 60fps with no input lag whatsoever. For £28 it is astonishing.

harz-marz

haha thanks man

That is incredible.... Well done!!

Raspberry Pi 2 can. And yeah, PS4 pad works. Retropie comes preconfigured with that awesome ui. Just clone to an SD and off you go.

Only game I've tried so far that the pi struggles with is Yoshis Island which has slight stuttering in busy areas, but I'm sure a mild over clock would fix that.

All other games work locked 60fps with no input lag whatsoever. For £28 it is astonishing.

I mean, wow. I have seen that cases are pretty cheap too, around £5 which is awesome. I should look online for more info, but can you use a Dual Shock 4 wirelessly? I assume the Pi needs a BT dongle.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Finally a member of PS4GAF. There's a 20% off voucher that came with it, a nice little bonus. E3 hype is increasing at abnormally high levels right about now.

3wBftnz.jpg

BLWiCvI.jpg

Coda

What's your set-up there for playing progear and where'd you buy everything? I ask because I just got the board posted below, and it's hard finding current links and info about making a relatively cheap DIY supergun.

Dope. I bought the Supergun here:
http://www.smallcab.net/supergun-delux-p-213.html

It's relatively cost friendly as all you need to buy is a standard PC power supply with molex connector (which you can really get anywhere) and a Euroscart cable. This is provided you already have your own Neo Geo controllers or a converter for them as this Supergun uses that for controller ports.

But man I didn't realize how loud the fans are in these CPSII boards. It's borderline annoying level.

Big Dog

Went looking for original SNES controllers today and left with a copy of Ocarina of Time in box. At some point I will clean up the cartridge. Also had the instructions inside but they were pretty beat up. And someone wrote in sharpie over the back side sticker which kind of sucks, but I wanted to have this gold one for no particular reason.

Jomjom

Banned
Finally got one of these for my collection! Forgot the end date for the auction, but somehow nobody bid against me and ended up getting it for $50 (this thing cost almost $20 just to ship). I feel kind of bad for the seller.

thelatestmodel

Junior, please.
Buffalo pad is superb (got one too), but man there is no comparison:
There is also a SFC design one available, buy it on aliexpress. Do it now, its a fucking incredible pad.

Why the hell not. Ordered one of the SFC ones, love the Euro / Japan colour.

vid

Went looking for original SNES controllers today and left with a copy of Ocarina of Time in box. At some point I will clean up the cartridge. Also had the instructions inside but they were pretty beat up. And someone wrote in sharpie over the back side sticker which kind of sucks, but I wanted to have this gold one for no particular reason.

Huh, that's unusual. The gold cart of OoT came in a different box than that... I wonder what journey brought those two separate pieces together.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Just picked up my New Samsung 4k SUHD TV.
Quick question about 4K TV's in general, doesn't 1080p content, like a console game, look blurry on a 4K display given that it is sub-native? I have come to enjoy the crispy native 1080p presentations on the new gen consoles, and I wouldn't give that up for a while.

Prologue

Quick question about 4K TV's in general, doesn't 1080p content, like a console game, look blurry on a 4K display given that it is sub-native? I have come to enjoy the crispy native 1080p presentations on the new gen consoles, and I wouldn't give that up for a while.

A lot of reviews comment that 1080p content actually looks better on 4k sets due to the upscaling processing.

Not really a pickup but my brother found a completely sealed copy of Shadowrun for the SNES for $1 at some garage sale...........yeap a dollar. He unfortunately sold it but before that I just had to take a picture. :(

etta

my hard graphic balls
A lot of reviews comment that 1080p content actually looks better on 4k sets due to the upscaling processing.

How in the world does a non-1:1 pixel ratio look anything but worse. Hmmm, this is interesting, since the rendered pixel is bigger than the panel pixel.

Ecto311

Witcher 3 on xbox one and a new G-Shock 9010
yTjLKM0l.jpg

Qxg4BYyl.jpg

PRnZFqYl.jpg

Had a few of the Master of G series and this is one of my favorites already. I wish I held onto my riseman a year ago but the Rangeman seemed so good I sold it and got that watch. It never grew on me so I sold it for 2 pebble watches and that thing sucked for what I needed. It's nice to have an atomic watch again so I know it is always correct to the second on time.

Mystic654

No, Picture is amazing on it, Even when viewing 1080P content. It looks allot better then my old Samsung 1080P TV.

dodgeme

Well I had been rocking this ASUS Radeon R9 280x in my pc but wasn't all too thrilled with the performance recently.

So I was walking through Best Buy and strolled across this. Tried telling myself no but just couldn't resist.

Now my PC is even better looking.

And I can rock pretty close to 60fps in The Witcher 3 on almost all Ultra settings. I have to drop foliage to high and turn off hairworks.

Top Bottom