• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MAY 2015 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods & MORE!

Galdius

A friend of mine that was in the US came back to Brazil last week and he brought over a lot of things that I had bought and shipped to him. The only thing that I bought here in Brazil was The Witcher 3.

bcli9MWl.jpg
xAsn4L0l.jpg
qvMUdeEl.jpg
eE8RANal.jpg

tav7623

Here are my pick ups for this month, I should note that at the top of the pic is a t-shirt also I did not originally intend to get Splatoon or the Ink Girl Amiibo (which is also the very first Amiibo I've bought) but the other day I decided to switch my PS3 MK X pre-order to it since it's looking more and more like it (MK X for the PS3) won't be coming out any time soon.

Not Pictured: Stretchmo (3DS eShop game), $10 Humble Nindie Bundle games, Ryse: Son of Rome (PC), Super Meat Boy (PC), Castle in the Darkness (PC), Psychonauts (PC), F.E.A.R. 3 (PS3), and my Fright Rags Cabinet of Dr. Caligari shirt (still waiting for it to be delivered)

My supplements for June have mostly arrived, I can't wait to hit the gym hard get them gainz!

Will post the rest when they arrive

I'm hoping this isn't taken as a criticism because I want this to be some genuine advice to save you money.

Most supplements are bullshit and are completely unnecessary. The marketing for these products is pretty well done so you can see why they're so popular. I made a fairly brief post in another thread about this kind of stuff which you can see here if you're interested.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=151985147&postcount=50

In short, all you need to take is protein if you happen to be not getting enough from just your meals (which by the way is significantly below 1g of protein per pound of body weight). There's very circumstantial evidence that creatine might be helpful but that's not certain at all. If you're taking whey protein you're already getting a ton of BCAA from that so anymore is not necessary.

Beyond that, it's not necessary to take any vitamins or whathaveyou unless you're actually clinically deficient.

I encourage you to do your own research and draw your conclusions from independent studies and people without ties to the supplement industry. Again, I don't want to criticize, I just don't want to see somebody blow a bunch of money unnecessarily.

EDIT: Forgot to mention http://examine.com/supplements/ which is a great scientific source for this kind of thing. You might have to put in some made up email to get access, but I just put in some random mailinator address.

Build my new rig this month.

Previous Specs:

GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3
AMD FX-83500 @ 4.0GHz
GIGABYTE GTX 970
8GB DDR3 @ 1333Mhz

New Specs:

ASROCK X99 EXTREME4
Intel i7 5820K Hexacore @ 3.3Ghz
GIGABYTE GTX 970
16GB DDR4 @ 2400Mhz

and pics

MH568F7.jpg

O7ENOkz.jpg

FX7Fgo8.jpg

Ecto311

1Bv1k9cl.jpg

FcdYcLCl.jpg

kyl9EIGl.jpg

4zWtq7Ml.jpg

Silver mario was from hastings and they had 10 or so. Girl was from a preorder months ago on bestbuy.com - Boy and charizard are coming next week and Wario amiibo from amazon today should be here next week.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Specs? Why two ~semi similar laptops?

One is a replacement for my work laptop (which was stolen)... The other is for other projects I'm working on. Primarily for recording/streaming while at events for TEKKEN 7.

Here are the specs for each:

Alienware 13
Intel Core i7-5500U CPU @ 2.40GHz
16GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
512GB M.2 SSD

Origin PC EVO15-S
Intel Core i7-4710HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz
16GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M
Dual 128GB M.2 SATA SSD in RAID0 (256GB Total)
1TB HDD

imae

Spent a little more than planned on gaming this month but it's been awesome :D

NFODRj2.jpg

this lot will keep me busy for quite a while

dodgeme

Obligatory amiibo haul photo. Still missing Jigglypuff which is in the mail, Ness who I am waiting for a friend to get and another Greninja that's still coming. Other then that I only actually missed out on the Splatoon 3-Pack. Didn't expect that to sell out so quickly in my area.

Best part of all didn't have to wait in line for any of these, managed to get lucky with preorders and strolled out later in the day for a few others.

These were my haul after going to a few stores around 10-11am on release day, could've had a Jigglypuff but wasn't driving an extra 10 miles when I knew one was coming in the mail anyways.
k9It3rl.jpg

This was my Best Buy pre-order haul
xe38qeB.jpg

And of course a whole collection shot, and yes I do open them, don't have the space to justify keeping all the boxes, and quite frankly they look better opened anyways.
vgNKOZJ.jpg

-Far Cry Compilation (Xbox 360)
-Madden NFL 11 (Xbox 360)

I got Madden NFL 11 two weeks ago, but didn't bother to post about it. I just got the Far Cry Compilation a few minutes ago. I had a 20% off coupon that expires after today, so I figured I should use it.

Mcdohl

First time posting on a thread like this :)

1. Freedom Wars
2. Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster
GbwBrwl.jpg

3. Bloodborne strategy guide
0gEJEku.jpg

edit: damn :(

RedSquare

nlFhN_QC9J0GFJMKoywxU9Z3kqqYrKZWWkzhzWp3CK05=w397-h706-no

Some new cd pickups...

Colleen - Captain Of None
Jamie Xx - In Colour
Angel Olsen - Burn Your Fire For No Witness
Unknown Mortal Orchestra - Multi-Love

Seeing that three of your pickups coincide with some of my own favorites from the past few years made me look up the fourth - Colleen - on Spotify. I'm glad I did, because it's fantastic and is probably going to be in rotation for some time. Thanks for sharing!

Top Bottom