• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MAY Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

CTLance

Wheee!
Technically this is an April purchase - I paid for this in April.

I only got it in May though (import from Canada). I haven't posted about it in the April thread yet, so I shall reclassify it as a May purchase.
dg47rc.jpg

Notice the french manual... it is too big to fit inside the DVD case.

Seriously now, did Capcom spend all of 3 bucks on this port, or what? At least make it small enough so that I can put it inside the fucking game case!
*gripe* *gripe* *gripe*

2cfd4d3.jpg

Yeah yeah, I hear ya. I'm working on it. Me and my awesome power. Of awesome.

cjdunn

Other stores give posters and so on. The lamest one I've heard of was a picture of Nico in a black frame and the frame didn't have a logo or anything.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Maggot9 said:
that PS3 background colour looks fucking wicked against your wall
Thanks. I did that on purpose. Everything in this room is black and blue. I'll try taking some more pics later, thats just my desk.

nny

CTLance said:
Notice the french manual... it is too big to fit inside the DVD case.

Seriously now, did Capcom spend all of 3 bucks on this port, or what? At least make it small enough so that I can put it inside the fucking game case!
*gripe* *gripe* *gripe*

My copy of Apollo Justice also had a too-big-to-fit-the-box French manual..hey, it's Capcom as well. *shrugs*

DiddyBop

i live in toronto and most games wiha decent sized manual come wit the french manual on the outside. i had that with both god of war games, KotOR, xenosaga,and a few others. its pretty common

nny

DiddyBop said:
i live in toronto and most games wiha decent sized manual come wit the french manual on the outside. i had that with both god of war games, KotOR, xenosaga,and a few others. its pretty common

I just remembered my Katamari PSP game also came from Canada and came with a second manual on the outside as well, but the coolest was that it came with two posters of the island, one for each language :D Anyway, that packaging option is curious, seeing that here in Europe the manuals usually include three or more languages and they come all in the same booklet, inside the box.

zoku88

Guys, Capcom couldn't even get boxart right, why should you expect them to be able to fit a manual inside a box? :p

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
May08.JPG

Not a bad haul at all.
Seiken Densetsu 4 was under $10
Mario & Wario was also under $10
Persona 2 Innocent Sin was $25
Persona 2 Eternal Punishment was $32
Card Master was $6 (Arcana in the US! I LOVE this game!)
Dark Half was $3 and I have no idea WTF it is.
Romancing Saga was $0.50
Romancing Saga 2 was $1.25
Ys III was $0.50
Fire Emblem 紋章の謎 $4.75
The four unboxed SNES games were 50% off in a bin. I already have the three RoSa games but my parents can't find them so since I want to do a SaGa series play through in a few months I settled on this.
And I'm not really sure which FE that is, but hell, $1.25!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
SD4 isn't even worth five bucks, friend.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
I was able to get enjoyment out of Phantasy Star 3, so I think I'll be fine.
Mario & Wario is just awesome as hell, though!

Fongul

These are all of my pickups for April (didn't make the other thread in time..)

Picked this up last weekend at the Kinokuniya Bookstore in Japantown (San Francisco)
I <3 Monster Hunter
IMG_0936.JPG

My statement that videogame print journalism is NOT dead...
IMG_0938.JPG

Portable pickups for the month... I was surprised to find Warriors Of The Lost Empire used (my gain I guess...:p)
IMG_0940.JPG

Like everyone else, GTA 4 was purchased, but I'm not sure I will be playing it right away (about 1/2 way through playing through Vice City at the moment...)
IMG_0941.JPG

My favorite artbook evvver!...Picked this up from Play Asia earlier this month for $40, but Kinokuniya has it available as well for $48.
IMG_0943.JPG

IMG_0945.JPG

Gagaman

I need to get me that issue of Retro gamer, a blog I write for gets a plug in it :D

This weekends boot sale horde:

2lsxnhd.jpg

Sealed Sonic Heroes for the Gamecube: 50p! In fact, the only thing in this photo that cost me more than £1 was the pixar postcard set for £3.

123nkwm.jpg

A big pile of Sonic the Comics for a fiver. Most of them are late 2000/2001 issues, when it was nothing but re-prints, but those are the only ones I've had missing from my collection. Quite amusing one issue state "win a Mega CD!" and another with "Win a Dreamcast!" Sadly the comic died about the same time the Dreamcast did. =/

6pw9bd.jpg

Massive Mario and Sonic display boards. The guy had three sets of them, so I had the lot, especially as they were only 50p a piece. I presume he got them from a store or something. Either way, they make pretty neat wall displays.

Oooh, bank holiday Monday = more boot sales! :D

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
RevenantKioku said:
I was able to get enjoyment out of Phantasy Star 3, so I think I'll be fine.
Mario & Wario is just awesome as hell, though!

Yeah, tell me about it. I very rarely import retro games, but Mario and Wario is a total must have so it was one of the few that I actually brought over. One of the best puzzlers on the SNES.

Quake1028

Gloomfire said:
ek1fnp.jpg

$4 plus tax

r26onq.jpg

$10 plus tax

qph542.jpg

$28 plus tax

Went back and cleaned out a few more Gamestop's today.

2s00qcm.jpg

$10 for the used games, $20 for SST

2h839xe.jpg

$6

ajtslg.jpg

$36

In total I spent $123.99 for 19 games, and that's including buying SST new. Can't complain about that at all :D .

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Hooray for Free Comic Book Day!

358phxi.jpg

Top row was all free, bottom row was $.25 each. Also picked up -

iegvhg.jpg

For cheap, and the artist (all of Aqua Leung, one of the stories in 24/Seven) was there to do some sketches for me -

21l04lv.jpg

aypvl0.jpg

Pretty good day, much better than last year for me. Also finally got my TV stand delivered today -

2lwrqq9.jpg

So my new TV finally has a new stand worthy of it.

Bii

2465997952_1a2fd8da75_o.jpg

My Metal Gear Saga Vol. 2 disc finally came in. It was held up at the post office because they read my zip code incorrectly. Mine ends in a 5 and, to them, it looks like a 6. It was at another post office for about two weeks before they finally realize that it was at the wrong place.

2465997766_5cfa63bb1d_o.jpg

More Pokemon Trading Figures to my collection. Of the 48 that I bought, only 7 were new. Seven out of forty-fuckin'-eight. I gave all of my doubles to my brother.

2465998194_d82f1ee6c8_o.jpg

2466014268_827e39297c_o.jpg

And I picked up my Michael Buble tickets. Front row, baby!

gta630.jpg

More like...:D :D :D :D

DO like my friend did. I took my ps3 copy to his house and he like it more, he had bought the 360 version, so he went back to target and told them that his 360 got messed up, so they exchange it for the ps3 version, its the same game soo its like trading it for the same copy.

Fongul said:
My statement that videogame print journalism is NOT dead...
IMG_0938.JPG

Sup fellow Bay Area Gaffer.

Is there anything worthwhile in Japan Town these days? I remember they had store that sold import games a loooong time ago, but last time I went I was dissapointed with it overall (gaming products or otherwise).

Also, where did you find that copy of Retro Gamer? I've never seen it in a store before.

Bii said:
2465997766_5cfa63bb1d_o.jpg

More Pokemon Trading Figures to my collection. Of the 48 that I bought, only 7 were new. Seven out of forty-fuckin'-eight. I gave all of my doubles to my brother.

Ouch! Yeah, I bought a total of 40 or so throughout April (only a few at retail, most came from unopened lots on eBay...thankfully I didn't have to spend a lot, overall) and ended up with more duplicates than I wanted - though at least I got 29 unique figures, which can probably be attributed to the fact that my packs came from various sources instead of one store's particular box. I don't really mind a heck of a lot, for the sake of the game itself, where obviously using duplicates can often pay off huge...but for a situation where you're paying, what, $10-13 at retail for a 3-pack, the number of visible duplicates you have to take to get unique hidden figures is unfortunate.

Hopefully the Groundbreakers distribution will be a bit more balanced in that regard, doing something to prevent the 2/3 packs from featuring so many of the same figures in the same shipments. A buddy of mine was checking out the current status of the figures at Toys R Us a few days ago, and it was the same ol' story - not enough variation in the non-hidden figures in multi-packs in their shipment.

Cool Skarmory, BTW! I don't have that one yet, I will probably grab it on eBay at some point, though. He's gotta be one of my favorite 2MP Pokemon, talk about power - having the three-star purple Fly Away, and possibly an 80HP white attack. I also want Spearow for similar reasons (access to Fly Away - but instead of strong white attacks, he at least has 3MP).

Fongul

Jimmy Stav said:
Sup fellow Bay Area Gaffer.

Is there anything worthwhile in Japan Town these days? I remember they had store that sold import games a loooong time ago, but last time I went I was dissapointed with it overall (gaming products or otherwise).

Also, where did you find that copy of Retro Gamer? I've never seen it in a store before.

Actually I'm about 3 hours away from the Bay, but do find time to visit when I can (I have close friends that live 4 blocks away from Japantown).

As far as game shopping goes, there's not an store that carries import games that I know of in the city (I used to go to Burlingame to Network Video back in the day but that's it).

However, the bottom floor of Kinokuniya is stocked full of Japanese/English manga and in addition, Japanese Game Magazines/Art Books/OSTs etc etc. Sometimes they will carry some awesome Square Enix posters including Final Fantasy XII and Kingdom Hearts II posters.
There's also a store next to Japan Video that has a lot of video game gashpon as well (for inflated prices I might add)

Retro Gamer can be found in the US at most decent Borders and Barnes & Noble bookstores.
I happen to subscribe to the magazine because of the awesome quality of the magazine (plus after buying issues at Borders at $10.99 a pop X 13, an overseas UK subscription for $140 US is not that bad, plus I get it a bit quicker as well).

ymmv

Banned
This is what I got in April.

March-April.jpg

tv-1.jpg

I also got a new 1080p plasma TV (Panasonic 42PZ85) for a better Blu-Ray experience compared to my previous 32" 720p LCD TV. As always, the tv setup in my living room looks horrendous on photos because of the wall of books and CDs behind it. It was a cool idea when my 4:3 24" CRT exactly fit between the bookshelves but once I got ever bigger TVs it looks a bit ... crowded ... :lol The 360 is missing because it finally RRODed 2 weeks ago.

Flek

Banned
i wanted to wait for all of my pick ups to arive before posting but its taking to long...so here we go..

2rw2lag.jpg

yes nr2 is missing - but its on the way too..was sold out ...

mrcnsz.jpg

uwv2e.jpg
LE including those figures

fk30hy.jpg

2s0elpg.jpg

os5o3k.jpg

the tank it moves o_0

33wt6ky.jpg

zoku88

Flek said:
i wanted to wait for all of my pick ups to arive before posting but its taking to long...so here we go..

2rw2lag.jpg

yes nr2 is missing - but its on the way too..was sold out ...

mrcnsz.jpg
Wait, is that english? Why does it have english text? They were localized?

NZNova

SIP YEK NOD said:
Probably 1 censored aussie copy to play with friends, and one US ps3 version to play uncensored

This is correct. The PS3 version is a US version that I ordered in the middle of the censorship debacle, the 360 version is a local version for multiplayer shenanigans.

eznark

Banned
Sure, I got GTA and Mario Kart and The World Ends With You, but only one game has been worthy of a picture:

indy.jpg

eznark

Banned
Reilly said:
Does that work on XP yet? Also, where did you buy it?

I haven't installed it yet, just came in the mail and now I am at b-school.

Got it from Goozex, which is turning out to be awesome for old PC games (as long as your not buying for collection as most have no box).

EDIT: runs great (although LOUD AS F!) in my laptop

Top Bottom