• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MAY Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

Flek

Banned
zoku88 said:
JW, do you always buy your manga stuff from amazon?

If so, I would look at buydvd dot com and discountanimedvd dot com in the future, since they usually have bigger discounts (although, not for this series, strangely enough.)

iam not buying that much anime/manga in the first place xD Only got robot because its awesome - but thx anyway =)

robot

Flek said:
iam not buying that much anime/manga in the first place xD Only got robot because its awesome - but thx anyway =)

Great series, glad I'm not the only one who owns it.

I'll post my pickups soon - I'll be playing the role of "Guy who bought a new car and posts it in a gaming thread." I bought a few games too so I guess I'm safe.

alexel

zoku88 said:
Wait, is that english? Why does it have english text? They were localized?

So this isn't a manga? It's just an artbook consisting of art from various artists? There's no plot or anything?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Bii said:
2465997766_5cfa63bb1d_o.jpg

More Pokemon Trading Figures to my collection. Of the 48 that I bought, only 7 were new. Seven out of forty-fuckin'-eight. I gave all of my doubles to my brother.

I sure wish they had Pokemon TFG in Canada. Those models are fantastically detailed. I wouldn't play, but I'd sure collect them. I'm such a Pokewhore, even though I rarely play these days. :D

Sagitario

Bii said:
2465997766_5cfa63bb1d_o.jpg

More Pokemon Trading Figures to my collection. Of the 48 that I bought, only 7 were new. Seven out of forty-fuckin'-eight. I gave all of my doubles to my brother-

Close up of both dragons, please...

zoku88

alexel said:
So this isn't a manga? It's just an artbook consisting of art from various artists? There's no plot or anything?
Uhm, there is text (like in the pictures) I was just asking why it was in English and not Japanese (I didn't think they had been localized.)

I would want it more if they didn't have any text, though...

Defcon said:
You guys collect some weird ass shit.

Whenever I see all these plastic figurines people hoard, I imagine them as old people, and like how old women now have dolls, clowns, and precious moments on their shelves, these people will have plastic anime toys on shelves around the living room.

I weep for the future :'(

Bii

Toy Soldier said:
Ouch! Yeah, I bought a total of 40 or so throughout April (only a few at retail, most came from unopened lots on eBay...thankfully I didn't have to spend a lot, overall) and ended up with more duplicates than I wanted - though at least I got 29 unique figures, which can probably be attributed to the fact that my packs came from various sources instead of one store's particular box. I don't really mind a heck of a lot, for the sake of the game itself, where obviously using duplicates can often pay off huge...but for a situation where you're paying, what, $10-13 at retail for a 3-pack, the number of visible duplicates you have to take to get unique hidden figures is unfortunate.

Hopefully the Groundbreakers distribution will be a bit more balanced in that regard, doing something to prevent the 2/3 packs from featuring so many of the same figures in the same shipments. A buddy of mine was checking out the current status of the figures at Toys R Us a few days ago, and it was the same ol' story - not enough variation in the non-hidden figures in multi-packs in their shipment.

Cool Skarmory, BTW! I don't have that one yet, I will probably grab it on eBay at some point, though. He's gotta be one of my favorite 2MP Pokemon, talk about power - having the three-star purple Fly Away, and possibly an 80HP white attack. I also want Spearow for similar reasons (access to Fly Away - but instead of strong white attacks, he at least has 3MP).

I shouldn't have bought as much as I did ($2.99 for a two-pack wasn't a bad deal) but I was hoping at least half of those would be unique. I currently have 20 unique figures and have no plans of actually playing it since there isn't really anyone who would play against me. Just like you, I'm hoping the Groundbreakers expansion will have a better pull distribution. I don't want to end up with 20 Lugias by the time I get a figure that I want.

Farore said:
Close up of both dragons, please...

I'm not sure which two dragons you're talking about since there's only one dragon-type in the picture I posted (Salamence). I'm guessing you meant Skarmory (Steel/Flying)?

2469028949_0920cb51ac_o.jpg

2469850410_cdb95325cf_o.jpg

*Image is a bit out of focus. Too lazy to take another pic.

And a bonus picture of my favorite figure thus far (posted in last month's pick-up thread):

2443738032_4a27733f09_o.jpg

vag 2.0

gradius2.JPG

First time I've turned my Wii on since November, apparently. This is probably all I'll get this month; I picked up an iPhone and GTAIV in April with MGS4 to come next month.

Bii

joelseph said:
Where can you buy the pokemon tfg toys? Does Borders carry them?

Didn't realize you had the same question the last page but the places I've seen where they're available are Target (in the section where they have all the collectible cards), your local comic book/collectibles shop that carries Pokemon merchandise, obviously online sites...but I'm not sure about Borders or B&N. I've seen other Pokemon figures over there but not the TFG ones.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
WORLDWIDEWII said:
sorry but what is imax?
It's like this gigantic screen, they're like 8 stories tall I think.
(correct?) Anyway, they're fucking big.. and 15 dollars a ticket to boot.

I saw I am Legend and The Matrix Reloaded on one.
It's really cool, but far more amazing when you see an IMAX specific movie.

Tenbatsu

Fongul said:
My favorite artbook evvver!...Picked this up from Play Asia earlier this month for $40, but Kinokuniya has it available as well for $48.
IMG_0943.JPG
Wow nice art for monster hunter(refering to the sketch).

Jtwo said:
It's like this gigantic screen, they're like 8 stories tall I think.
(correct?) Anyway, they're fucking big.. and 15 dollars a ticket to boot.

I saw I am Legend and The Matrix Reloaded on one.
It's really cool, but far more amazing when you see an IMAX specific movie.
what about the true immersing part they are calling themself.

Unfortunately the MGO beta got sideline by Mario Kart and GTA. But I can say without a doubt, all three are frackin' awesome. Need to put more time into The World Ends With You.
maypu2.jpg

Double-dipped for some GTA. I originally ordered just the standard Xbox version but then I got the hankering for the Limited one. So I got it on PS3 just in case it ran better. Right now it doesn't even run at all if I'm signed into PSN.
maypu1.jpg

Sagitario

Bii said:
I'm not sure which two dragons you're talking about since there's only one dragon-type in the picture I posted (Salamence). I'm guessing you meant Skarmory (Steel/Flying)?

I meant Lugia... I thought he was Psychic/Dragon... :p

Starting with my pride & joy:

32" Samsung (pardon the crappy daytime cell phone)
DSC00132.jpg

Action shots:
IMG_1043.jpg

IMG_1047.jpg

Oh, and some other stuff:

The SFC Classic Controller was courtesy of fellow Gaffer, Troidal
IMG_1041.jpg

The HDMI cable arrived today
IMG_1050.jpg

April items I couldn't post due to a week ban =(

ekrris.jpg

Condenmed DTS-MA + 1.78:1 Aspect Ratio!
Free Bluetooth Headset!
Free Viva Pinata (courtesy of MS via the BBB)

senahorse

New in the following pic:

Pioneer LX508a (Aus equivilant of 110FD) 50" 1080P Plasma
Energy Take Classic 5.1 Speaker system
Pioneer DV400 DVD player
White DS3
White Gamecube controller

gaming.jpg

And here is my new Onkyo 605 receiver.

onkyo.jpg

Phaethon0017 said:
Where'd you get the MGS: Complete Guide from?

Picked it up at Barnes & Noble. Strangely enough, I was actually looking for the June issue of Edge but found the guide instead. :lol

LiK

Defcon said:
You guys collect some weird ass shit.

when are figures and manga considered weird? ah well, another troll added to my ignore list ;)

WORLDWIDEWII said:
sorry but what is imax?

better than regular movie theaters when it comes to watching movies these days. it's awesome.

nny

CTLance said:
My 360 HDDVD addon arrived today. For ten bucks the package certainly looked classy. Pics unavailable atm.

is it from the "cheap ass gaffer" thread? got it already? Can't wait to get mine.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I was supposed to celebrate my birthday with my older sister (who's bday is 3 days after mine), but she didn't come home from LA this week.

So I'm celebrating this coming weekend.

Who's coming to my party!

I'll take a MGS4 Gun Metal PS3 bundle.

LiK

MarkMan said:
I was supposed to celebrate my birthday with my older sister (who's bday is 3 days after mine), but she didn't come home from LA this week.

So I'm celebrating this coming weekend.

Who's coming to my party!

I'll take a MGS4 Gun Metal PS3 bundle.

nice dude, my older sis bday is 9 days before mine. makes it easy to remember :lol

vexvegaz

#42 mariano river patched yankee home jersey
PIC-0078.jpg

white & grey nike airforce1
PIC-0079.jpg

element deck w/ phantom2 trucks and spitefire 54mm wheels
PIC-0081.jpg

boostmobile i425
PIC-0082.jpg

ny yankees home therma base jacket
PIC-0083.jpg

from last month..