• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
He’s why I left Era. I asked a question in a thread and copped a warning from him so told him to go fuck himself.
It's funny that for the past week people there have been asking who he is, or what he does. Not a single answer, and when you bring up examples of him being wrong...
ban.jpg

:messenger_grinning_squinting:

I remember "Darkwing Matt" from back in the day on GAF. He posed as and allowed people to believe he was Matt Pettineo from RAD(think samurai of dev world), giving him perceived authoritative status for a long time. Gamingbolt even posted a story about him I later teased one of their guys about, saying "Ready At Dawn’s Graphics Dev Says Scorpio CPU Isn’t Amazing". Somebody got suspicious and asked Matt Pettineo from RAD why he said that and he responded...

"I have not posted on that account for years"...Hahahaha. I teased Darkwing Matt about it, but back then you had to be careful or they'd make you sleep with the fishes and whitewash the news articles. Nothing to see here, move along!
source.gif

Last edited:

joe_zazen

Matt did work as a dev, but left the industry a couple (?) of years ago for greener pastures . ? Mark is because I am bad with time. So he probably still has some contacts.

And although he has had a good track record, anyone playing the leaking game has to have a screw lose.

Man does power matter. The way ppl act about it just solidifies it. But but its about games, yeah ok when the narrative fits you. Ppl dismissed games just on a resolution number this gen. Dont act like it didnt happen either.

Imtjnotu

Man does power matter. The way ppl act about it just solidifies it. But but its about games, yeah ok when the narrative fits you. Ppl dismissed games just on a resolution number this gen. Dont act like it didnt happen either.
Games were still played regardless of resolution. If it mattered that much the switch wouldn't be successful. It's just fanboys that ultimately care about power for bragging rights.

CyberPanda

Banned
It's funny that for the past week people there have been asking who he is, or what he does. Not a single answer, and when you bring up examples of him being wrong...
ban.jpg

:messenger_grinning_squinting:

I remember "Darkwing Matt" from back in the day on GAF. He posed as and allowed people to believe he was Matt Pettineo from RAD(think samurai of dev world), giving him perceived authoritative status for a long time. Gamingbolt even posted a story about him I later teased one of their guys about, saying "Ready At Dawn’s Graphics Dev Says Scorpio CPU Isn’t Amazing". Somebody got suspicious and asked Matt Pettineo from RAD why he said that and he responded...

"I have not posted on that account for years"...Hahahaha. I teased Darkwing Matt about it, but back then you had to be careful or they'd make you sleep with the fishes and whitewash the news articles. Nothing to see here, move along!
source.gif

I’m so confused.

Games were still played regardless of resolution. If it mattered that much the switch wouldn't be successful. It's just fanboys that ultimately care about power for bragging rights.
Guess you dont remember resolution gate. Power matters, Be real. I will be disappointed if they are the same at this point. Id like anaconda for sure to be more powerful, more immersive

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
I’m so confused.
Somebody let other people think he was somebody he wasn't for a long time. When they asked the real Matt, he was like I haven't been on NeoGAF for years. Somehow, he became the de facto insider source for reeee- and our crossover GAF users reference him here. People have been asking who he is and revisiting his record, and they are banned, even when presenting receipts. He recently pulled a 180 on his previous stance, then bitbydeath brought up that he told him to fuck himself and I figured I do a little background post.

CyberPanda

Banned
Somebody let other people think he was somebody he wasn't for a long time. When they asked the real Matt, he was like I haven't been on NeoGAF for years. Somehow, he became the de facto insider source for reeee- and our crossover GAF users reference him here. People have been asking who he is and revisiting his record, and they are banned, even when presenting receipts. He recently pulled a 180 on his previous stance, then bitbydeath brought up that he told him to fuck himself and I figured I do a little background post.
So, the mod on Ree named Matt is pretending to be someone else? Fuck I’m too tired for all this lol.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
So, the mod on Ree named Matt is pretending to be someone else? Fuck I’m too tired for all this lol.
No. Was back in 2016-17. Outlets wrote articles based on his posts saying, "RAD dev says Xbox sucks ass"(paraphrased), but RAD dev said he hadn't been on GAF for "many years". Have you ever seen the classic film Overboard with Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn? If you let some people they will just go along.

So when people say "Matt says", forgive me I'll take that with a grain of salt. :messenger_winking:

Last edited:

CyberPanda

Banned
No. Was back in 2016-17. Outlets wrote articles based on his posts saying, "RAD dev says Xbox sucks ass"(paraphrased), but RAD said he hadn't been on GAF for "many years". Have you ever seen the classic film Overboard with Kurt Russel and Goldie Hawn? If you let some people they will just go along.

So when people say "Matt says", forgive I'll take that with a grain of salt. :messenger_winking:
Oh ok got it now. Lol

demigod

In the end it comes down to games. Sony fans will buy PS5, MS fans will buy nextbox regardless of power.

We are just having fun in this thread, no harm.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Oh ok got it now. Lol
When people over the past week have questioned his "leak" about next-gen consoles and asked who he is and what he does, along with bringing receipts from the past, they are banned.

Somebody above said "They[reeee-] think the same thing about us", but last time I checked GAF is no longer using police state tactics on innocent gamers like SpinningBirdKick SpinningBirdKick , who makes some exhaustive and passionate posts worth reading, although I don't always agree.
---
Whew, sorry I went all Conspiracy Theory there. I was listening to DMX and bitbydeath said he told the cunt to fuck off and I got too hype!1! "X gon give it to ya, he gon give it to ya!"♪ ♫ ♬ ♪ ♫ ♬

ethomaz

Banned
I remember he working in the industry when he posted here before 2013 but nobody ever knew where he worked.

After he was confused by another dev with the name Matt but I won’t say it is his fault... in any case he never said it was not him so some outlets thought he was another person.

Now it is obvious he abuses the mod power he has in ERA.

But that is true to every mod there... Zhuge banned me (I said in an NPD thread that MS should never marketing PUBG near the launch of the PS4 version because it free marketing for Sony when somebody else said MS could marketing PUBG in the holidays due the lack of MS releases) and come to my Twitter say he didn’t like me 😂

Actually ERA holds the worst group to have conversation and if you disagree with any instance you are banned... it is funny because it was the complete opposite goal of the forum when it was created.

Last edited:

CyberPanda

Banned
I remember he working in the industry when he posted here before 2013 but nobody ever knew where he worked.

After he was confused by another dev with the name Matt but I won’t say it is his fault... in any case he never said it was not him so some outlets thought he was another person.

But that is true to every mod there... Zhuge banned me (I said in an NPD thread that MS should never marketing PUBG near the launch of the PS4 version because it free marketing for Sony when somebody else said MS could marketing PUBG in the holidays due the lack of MS releases) and come to my Twitter say he didn’t like me 😂
Zhuge said he didn't like you on Twitter? Even after he banned you?
What a creepy fellow.

Reactions: TLZ

ethomaz

Banned
Zhuge said he didn't like you on Twitter? Even after he banned you?
What a creepy fellow.
It was not the first time :D
He created an account in a forum of my friends (vizioneck) where he posted ten or a bit more times... one of them was just to say he never liked me lol

Last edited:
  • Triggered

demigod

Actually ERA holds the worst group to have conversation and if you disagree with any instance you are banned... it is funny because it was the complete opposite goal of the forum when it was created.

I hated his ass in those NPD threads when I lurked era a lot. And yeah it's funny how era mods were supposed to be better than GAF, but its actually 10 times worse than old GAF mods.

CyberPanda

Banned
I hated his ass in those NPD threads when I lurked era a lot. And yeah it's funny how era mods were supposed to be better than GAF, but its actually 10 times worse than old GAF mods.
That's cause when this site had the purge, all the old mods ended up on Reeeee.

Imtjnotu

Guess you dont remember resolution gate. Power matters, Be real. I will be disappointed if they are the same at this point. Id like anaconda for sure to be more powerful, more immersive
I do remember. I was there for all of yours and tormys battles on gamespot. But we all know why the xbone lost. Lack of strong first party games and a horrible Don matrick showing.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
He was basically stalking you. Not creepy at all.
It was not the first time :D
He created an account in a forum of my friends (vizioneck) where he posted ten or a bit more times... one of them was just to say he never liked me lol
Was there by chance any indication on your profile that you were a minor or child? Anime avatar with a boyish looking girl, or anything? :pie_thinking: :messenger_smirking:

Mass Shift

As a person who will buy a ps5 regardless...

If it were the weaker console I would literally give zero shits.

That's about as good and honest a statement as I've heard around here.

You're decision isn't hinging on what another platform is doing or isn't doing. You don't have to attack another gamer's preference, you just know what YOU WANT.

TLZ

Banned
Wow you got permabanned from there? I don't see you say anything here that would warrant a ban. Then again I saw some dude getting a ban yesterday for using the word midget. The stupidity from that site really amazes me.
Yea, around a year ago or something. Can't remember exactly. They attacked a Japanese developer for being homophobic and called him a Nazi or something. I think I responded along the lines of it's his culture and they see things differently etc. I was called homophobic I think and next thing I was banned for that same reason. I think there was an additional reason of previous misconduct or something, lel :messenger_sunglasses:

I think that's what happened. I'm pretty sure I didn't offend anyone.

TBH with you, it was in my best interest that it happened. I always felt annoyed and stressed being on there. Never once did I feel that here.

Last edited:

CyberPanda

Banned
Yea, around a year ago or something. Can't remember exactly. They attacked a Japanese developer for being homophobic and called him a Nazi or something. I think I responded along the lines of it's his culture and they see things differently etc. I was called homophobic I think and next thing I was banned for that same reason. I think there was an additional reason of previous misconduct or something, lel :messenger_sunglasses:

I think that's what happened. I'm pretty sure I didn't offend anyone.

TBH with you, it was in my best interest that it happened. I always felt annoyed and stressed being on there. Never once did I feel that here.
Reee is so annoying. And you were right to say 'it's their culture.' Ree thinks they can control the world and other cultures with their mindset.

TLZ

Banned
When people over the past week have questioned his "leak" about next-gen consoles and asked who he is and what he does, along with bringing receipts from the past, they are banned.

Somebody above said "They[reeee-] think the same thing about us", but last time I checked GAF is no longer using police state tactics on innocent gamers like SpinningBirdKick SpinningBirdKick , who makes some exhaustive and passionate posts worth reading, although I don't always agree.
---
Whew, sorry I went all Conspiracy Theory there. I was listening to DMX and bitbydeath said he told the cunt to fuck off and I got too hype!1! "X gon give it to ya, he gon give it to ya!"♪ ♫ ♬ ♪ ♫ ♬

If you fart while you type a post/reply, you will be banned there.
Resetera mods (shop owner with the gun):

Aceofspades

Banned

Power difference between the two will be miniscule, and it can go either way. I have said that since Cerny reveal early May. Its just some people acted like Anaconda will be this untouchable monster while PS5 will be the mid tier choice for gamers.

After E3 seems like a lot of folks in the green camp including "insiders" has adjusted their tone and started to accept that Anaconda "Scarlet now" will be comparable to PS5 power wise which is the right mindset tbh.

PS3 was more powerful than the 360...…..PS3 > 360...…. PS4 > XBONES
360>Ps3. it saw better performance in the same vein as ps4 had over xb1

og xbox > ps2
360 > ps3
one x > pro

3/4

Overall PS3 was more powerful than X360 when you look the overall GFLOPS, but X360 wasn't that complicated for game development. Cell was a damn beast and it could draw graphics alone without GPU. In was on par in GFLOPS compared to X360 GPU

R600

Banned
Overall PS3 was more powerful than X360 when you look the overall GFLOPS, but X360 wasn't that complicated for game development. Cell was a damn beast and it could draw graphics alone without GPU. In was on par in GFLOPS compared to X360 GPU
And it absolutely sucked as GPU. Best case of flop=/=flop, just check early tech demos with graphics only running on Cell, these where worse then 4200TIs.

RSX was bad, and it was 10x the GPU Cell was, even though Cell had similar flop number. There is a reason Sony ditched 2nd Cell idea and went to Nvidia for GPU.

xGreir

Well, the true "funny" part is that it was indeed their inner goal: Having a echo chamber of one of the worst sects in the world.

But as all their ideology partners, its best card was hiding all that under the narrative of the oppressed, and the rights of the ppl.

They make dispose of your freedom, to grant you their "true freedom"

That's why I despise them from the very beginning, is a shame.

pawel86ck

Banned
And it absolutely sucked as GPU. Best case of flop=/=flop, just check early tech demos with graphics only running on Cell, these where worse then 4200TIs.

RSX was bad, and it was 10x the GPU Cell was, even though Cell had similar flop number. There is a reason Sony ditched 2nd Cell idea and went to Nvidia for GPU.
Cell was faster than people are willing to admit. PS3 GPU was like 30% slower (some of you even mentioned 40% slower based on internal benchmarks) compared to xbox360 GPU, yet Cell was fast enough to close the gap while still running CPU specific instructions (AI, physics etc.).

I wonder why Nv build so weak GPU for SONY one year after X360 launch, Nv also had GPU's with unified shaders in their plans and could build GPU with unified shaders for SONY. I'm guessing Nv was too greedy and didnt wanted to offer SONY their latest technology for cheap, while ATI did the opposite.

Last edited:

PS3 | RSX: 176 Gflops and Cell: 230 Glops, Total 406 Gflops

360 | Xenos: 240 Gflops and CPU: 77 Gflops, Total 317 Glops

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom