• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Moose

Than I'm screwed, because I sold my PS4 months ago, haha.

Is there a way to extract my saves from the *.dat-files?
You tried this crap?

You can transfer your PS4 save data via USB to PS5. Connect a USB storage device to your PS4 and go to Settings > Application Saved Data Management > Saved Data in System Storage > Copy to USB Storage Device. Select the save file you’d like to copy, and you can transfer it to the USB drive.

Once that’s done, unplug the USB from the PS4 and plug it into the PS5. Go to Settings > Saved Data and Game/App Settings, then select Saved Data (PS4) > USB Drive. You’ll then be presented with the option to Copy to Console Storage.

kyliethicc

I am having a blast with my PS5 and love it.

You guys just can't seem to handle anyone who doesn't hype every little thing. Why in the world would I need to "self reflect"? lol.. I'm just giving my honest opinion.. I've not been remotely negative about the PS5 as a whole, so perhaps you should self reflect on that. I've also called the DualSense the best controller Sony has ever produced... soooo...
Well I hope you enjoy it and have fun!

Mr Moose

AC:Vallhalla was my first experience in 4K (no PS4 Pro neither XOX), the details on the textures looked amazing. As I said, I'm not comparing both games, I say that the impact it had on us, being the first game we saw in 4K, was much bigger.

Well, reading this forum and even some of the post answering my post (not yours, to clarify), it seems like PS5 is soooo much better than the XSX. I only say that the impact AC:Vallhalla had to us, being the first game we played in 4K, was bigger.
200.gif

(It's rarely 4k, if at all)

Kerlurk

Banned
Well, reading this forum and even some of the post answering my post (not yours, to clarify), it seems like PS5 is soooo much better than the XSX.

But I don't get your complaint? Did you buy a PS5 because of what was said here? If so, can't you return it or resell it?

If the Sony fans here hurt your feelings, you want me to admonish them? -> Hey Bo, tone it down!

Feel better now?

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Compression? Both are captured by the same device. Maybe it's SFS magic, or more lossy compression from BCPack.
It's not the exact same image though; colors are different for instance.. so compression would differ.

(also highly possible it's higher res on PS5 for that frame... but.. man.. how much time are you spending hunting these frames? lol)

Bo_Hazem

Banned
It's not the exact same image though; colors are different for instance.. so compression would differ.

(also highly possible it's higher res on PS5 for that frame... but.. man.. how much time are you spending hunting these frames? lol)

One clown was showing an Xbox One FAT graphics as PS5 version, so the first purpose was to show that they are the same from DF video. When looked at it, PS5 version looked slightly sharper.

I think if there are photographers or videographers around here would share the same sensitivity to blur as it's a major flaw that could ruin your photo. So it applies here. It's pretty minor, really, and if you're not viewing it on a big 4K screen (I'm ~2m away from 55" 4K HDR TV) it's near impossible to notice. So it's a side effect.

Mahavastu

One of the issues I had with the PS4 was it's WiFi capabilities. PS5 stomps all over it.

I have a 200meg connection.

Here is the speed test on the PS4 taken today:
MeDjs8h.jpg

And here is the exact same connection on the PS5:
i5oUh3b.jpg

Finally! Able to download stuff so much faster.

I thought the same this afternoon, when that test showed me 290mbit/sec and spiderman remastered loaded very fast on my 400mbit internet.
Anyway, now in the evening the performance is horrible and even game dependend: Wipeout loads with about 1MByte/sec (8MBit), while God of war loads with about 3MByte/sec....
Oh, it just finished the "needed to start playing" part and the rest comes with about 9MByte/sec... Strange...

I hope this is because of launch day here in Europe and will get better the next days :pie_eyeroll:

T

Three Jackdaws

Unconfirmed Member
Damn seeing the Radeon 6000 series RT benchmarks makes me sad about RT on these consoles. We will probably see very very little 60 fps (AAA) titles with RT enabled. And the 30FPS ones we see will probably have many compromises to achieve it like Ubisoft is doing on WDL.

I honestly wasn't expecting anything crazy from RDNA 2's ray tracing implementation, it's AMD's first attempt and they gave it a good shot, supposedly RDNA 3 and 4 will have significant improvements but that was already a given. Nvidia have been at for longer as well so it's expected that they would outperform AMD in that department, although Nvidia have dedicated a lot of silicon for their RT cores I don't think AMD wanted to go down that road as well for several reasons.

As for the consoles, we already know that PS5 has a custom ray tracing implementation, the details are vague but we know from official documentation that Sony built a lot of "libraries for their ray tracing structure", whatever that means but I'm guessing it allows the ray tracing to be implemented more easily into games, I think it was HeisenbergFX4 HeisenbergFX4 who mentioned something similar. Spiderman Miles Morales looks extremely impressive for a launch title so who knows what kind of eye candy the first party developers will be able to achieve in the second and third wave of games when they've come to grips with the hardware features. Personally I'm really looking forward to whatever Naughty Dog are cooking up as well as Santa Monica, two studios who are known to always push the Playstation hardware to another level.

I honestly wasn't expecting anything crazy from RDNA 2's ray tracing implementation, it's AMD's first attempt and they gave it a good shot, supposedly RDNA 3 and 4 will have significant improvements but that was already a given. Nvidia have been at for longer as well so it's expected that they would outperform AMD in that department, although Nvidia have dedicated a lot of silicon for their RT cores I don't think AMD wanted to go down that road as well for several reasons.

As for the consoles, we already know that PS5 has a custom ray tracing implementation, the details are vague but we know from official documentation that Sony built a lot of "libraries for their ray tracing structure", whatever that means but I'm guessing it allows the ray tracing to be implemented more easily into games, I think it was HeisenbergFX4 HeisenbergFX4 who mentioned something similar. Spiderman Miles Morales looks extremely impressive for a launch title so who knows what kind of eye candy the first party developers will be able to achieve in the second and third wave of games when they've come to grips with the hardware features. Personally I'm really looking forward to whatever Naughty Dog are cooking up as well as Santa Monica, two studios who are known to always push the Playstation hardware to another level.
AMD is working on an upscaling technique similar to DLSS. I wonder if PS5/SeriesX will utilize it.

devilNprada

What is the difference between the Platinum headset and the Pulse 3D headset?
@ $40 difference I might as well get the Platinum rather than wait for a pulse to come available?

Does everyone here have their PS5s?

I wish.

Store that I pre-ordered mine fucked up customers big time.

Instead of sending consoles 1-3 days before the launch, they sent some yesterday (1day before launch) to people whom chose send by mail, and people whom chose "collect from the store", some got theirs sent today, and some are still at the warehouse.

Mine have been waiting for "ready to be packed and send out" status for 2 weeks, and worst part is that their fucking warehouse is located at NORWAY and we live in FINLAND :messenger_tears_of_joy:

So, these bastards failed so badly, I dont know if they even send mine anymore, and if they do it takes a week to move to here. fuckers

Todays launch were shit show too, sites crashing left and right and consoles removed from basket just before paying up.

I dont know if I'm even sad anymore, it is is absurd how they can fuck this up so stupidly.

Meanwhile another retailer said that if people dont get their launch units in 2 days, they get some kind of compensation.

Im lucky if I get it in 2 weeks.

Well, at least Sony A8H 55" oled is 1299€ (normal price is 1899€) tomorrow so maybe I just buy it and watch some damn cat videos:messenger_savoring:

Last edited:
Does anyone know what resolution the 120hz cod mode on PS5 is running at? I was expecting 1080p but the image looks so clean. Crazy enough but I think it might be the most impressive thing I've encountered on the PS5 yet. Playing competitive shooters at 120hz on a 65" OLED with this controller is a truly next gen experience. Beat my expectations.

Mr Moose

Does anyone know what resolution the 120hz cod mode on PS5 is running at? I was expecting 1080p but the image looks so clean. Crazy enough but I think it might be the most impressive thing I've encountered on the PS5 yet. Playing competitive shooters at 120hz on a 65" OLED with this controller is a truly next gen experience. Beat my expectations.
The campaign:
PS5 at 120fps, Series X at 120fps and Series S use a dynamic resolution with the highest resolution found being 2560x1440 and the lowest resolution found being 1280x1200. PS5 at 120fps, Series X at 120fps and Series S use a form of temporal reconstruction to reconstruct the horizontal resolution up to 2560 when the horizontal resolution is below this figure.

Kerlurk

Banned
So is Microsoft even promoting the Xbox Series S/X?

Everywhere I see ads for Playstation 5 on websites, TV, YouTube, etc.

When I went to Bestbuy a few weeks ago, they had a PS5 kiosk already setup, but no XSX kiosk (said it was coming later though).

Nice to see Sony's not resting on their laurels.

Very impressive considering Sony can't even come close to having the supply to meet demand, and one could argue, they don't need any advertising at all, if you consider all the free advertising out there.

Last edited:

Aceofspades

Banned
its crazy how much money they are spending on frivilous shit like this but wont spend a day of work to unlock framerates in gow, horizon, tlou2, bloodborne and the last guardian. its literally opening a text file and setting the value to 60 fps instead of 30.

PS5 is already a massive hit WW, how do you think Sony managed penetrating those markets?

Answer: by having efforts similar to the video above , not treating those countries as second class citizens. We are thankful you are not running Sony's Marketing. 🙄

You want Sony to ignore those markets simply to cater to absolute minority caring about fps or resolutions?

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned

Man, this looks better than anything shown from multiplats graphically for next gen! Sony is just so overpowered, and this is without any upgrades! The final image quality so so much better than my experience with the Pro, and it looks so clean as if it's native 4K! Actually this shows that checkerboard rendering is still relevent even now but HW wasn't powerful enough to boost it all the way to 4K to make the difference between checkerboard 4K and native 4K pretty minimal. Crazy!

2e.png

This really shows that the direct feed photos from PS4 Pro weren't misleading at all, they just didn't get enough power to push that high. Man, I wanna see TLOU2, Uncharted 4 now! AC Valhalla and Watch Dogs Legions look so much like a pile of crap in comparison, add CyberPunk 2077 as well!

Last edited:

assurdum

Banned
its crazy how much money they are spending on frivilous shit like this but wont spend a day of work to unlock framerates in gow, horizon, tlou2, bloodborne and the last guardian. its literally opening a text file and setting the value to 60 fps instead of 30.
I understand the frustration but I don't think it's that simple how you tried to argue.

TheAssist

So I got my PS5 today. Played some Spiderman MM and GoT in BC. Downloading FF7R now to test the texture streaming stuff.

But you know what? Everytime I just thought to myself...I should really go back to Astros playroom. Because this game is just pure and simple fun. It looks really pleasant, it is so full of love for all things Playstation and just incredibly cute. I grew up with the PS1 and PS2 and seeing all these references just makes me nostalgic and happy. Its really really cool, it also controls well, the Dual Sense (especially the triggers) is amazing. Its was a great idea to have this as a pack in. Especially since we live in a time were you need to doenwload 50GB of game data before you can play anything, so its nice to have something thats just ready to go.

Really liking everything so far. Being able to jump from one game directly to you last save of the next game within 5 seconds is just absolutely beyond everything, the whole UI feels quick and stylish, the console is quite (puts out quite a decent amount of heat) and everything feels fresh (kind of has an Apple vibe to it tbh.)

For 400€, that was money well spent. Playing through MM during the weekend and after that it on to demons souls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom