• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.
None of the games you mention are PS5 games, none. They are all old PS4 games with no enhancements at all for PS5. While Gears Tactics was released on console after Series X and is on Gamepass. The other games have been updated to take advantage of Series X with 120fps and 4k60 modes.

So there are no PS5 games on PS Now, that's why it's an inferior service.
My man... there are NO (zero) XSX games on XSX, much less on some game pass :messenger_grinning_squinting:

And a trash game is a trash game, doesn't matter how well you polish that turd. A 16k ray tracing patch will never make crackdown 3 and sea of thieves better than shadow of the colossus on ps2 :messenger_tears_of_joy:

56727734.jpg

SSfox

Kutaragi >>>>>>> Cerny.

Both are great, but Ken is above all of them, this guy created the PS brand, without him there would never be Playstation at all. And some iconic games would never exist or not exist the way they did.

Imagine for a second a world where there is only Xbox and Nintendo, and no Playstation, holy fuck how boring and sad it would be :messenger_confounded:

Thank you for everything Ken chan.

Last edited:

oldergamer

If you can find enjoyment in games that most other people deem to be disappointing or trash. Then that's fine and good for you. But it doesn't somehow invalidate the majority's perception of that game.

Sorry but you are jumping to a conclusion there that the majority ( whatever that means in this sense ) thinks the game is trash. If you think the majority speaks via game awards, then you are sadly mistaken. Its not, full stop. What's next, a few forum warriors don't like GTA games, so they think they are trash? Just because i dislike something, doesn't mean i'm ignorant and think its trash. It just means its not for me. Sorry, but I'm not going to agree with you on that, and I call bullshit on saying those games are trash. Feel free to disagree for all i care.

Everyone is entitled to their own subjective opinion and all, but given the context of the entire discussion is around the consensus opinion of MS FP games' quality, your own personal subjective opinion isn't really relevant to the discussion.
How can you say "everyone is entitled" to an opinion and then in the same paragraph try to invalidate my opinion by saying its "not relevant"? That right there is bullshit and a massive flip flop.

Last edited:

Riky

$MSFT
My man... there are NO (zero) XSX games on XSX, much less on some game pass :messenger_grinning_squinting:

And a trash game is a trash game, doesn't matter how well you polish that turd. A 16k ray tracing patch will never make crackdown 3 and sea of thieves better than shadow of the colossus on ps2 :messenger_tears_of_joy:

56727734.jpg

You've totally missed the point unsurprisingly. Someone said PS Now is the same as Gamepass, it isn't because it takes years for Sony games to get on the service whilst Microsoft games are day one, it's that simple and undeniable.

You've totally missed the point unsurprisingly. Someone said PS Now is the same as Gamepass, it isn't because it takes years for Sony games to get on the service whilst Microsoft games are day one, it's that simple and undeniable.
And then someone said... which Microsoft games? Crackdown 3? Sea of Thieves?
And then someone said "yeah but, my games are newer"
And then someone else said "yeah but shit games are still shit even if newer"
And then.......................

oh shit... it's groundhog's day!!!!! :messenger_open_mouth:

Riky

$MSFT
And then someone said... which Microsoft games? Crackdown 3? Sea of Thieves?
And then someone said "yeah but, my games are newer"
And then someone else said "yeah but shit games are still shit even if newer"
And then.......................

oh shit... it's groundhog's day!!!!! :messenger_open_mouth:

None of which has anything to do with what makes Gamepass different to PS Now.

Riky

$MSFT
yeah it's different by being inferior :messenger_winking:

so i guess you really showed me then :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I don't need to show you. Your taste and my taste in games is irrelevant to how the services differ. I'll be playing Starfield on Gamepass day one, you won't be playing Horizon 2 on PS Now on day one, it's that simple I'm sure you can understand.

I don't need to show you. Your taste and my taste in games is irrelevant to how the services differ. I'll be playing Starfield on Gamepass day one, you won't be playing Horizon 2 on PS Now on day one, it's that simple I'm sure you can understand.
Sure, you will pay around $500 (gamepass for about 4 years) so you can play a game you've never seen or know anything about for "free".
I guess it sucks for me that I'll have to pay $70 to get horizon day 1 :messenger_tears_of_joy: . Any other great financial advice you can share, I've got my notebook out...

It's ok, I think you can stop already, I might get banned for abuse of a corpse on an online forum soon enough lol

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
yeah it's different by being inferior :messenger_winking:

so i guess you really showed me then :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Dude just stop replying to Riky Riky he'll just move the goalpost everytime he is wrong or made a stupid point.
Remember it was about next gen ps5 games but there's no XSX games on the service.
Then it is about being there day one but there's no exclusive in sight for about a year.
Then it will be about quantity but psnow has more.
Then it will be about quality .... just count the goty's in each list it's a win for psnow.
then full circle again it won't have Ms exclusives day one etc .....
It has been talk to hell and back and doesn't bring anything to the table.And nobody will change Riky's mind no matter how wrong he can be, that's why I ignored him faster than most ardent fanboys people here.

wargames%20gif.gif

Dude just stop replying to Riky Riky he'll just move the goalpost everytime he is wrong or made a stupid point.
Remember it was about next gen ps5 games but there's no XSX games on the service.
Then it is about being there day one but there's no exclusive in sight for about a year.
Then it will be about quantity but psnow has more.
Then it will be about quality .... just count the goty's in each list it's a win for psnow.
then full circle again it won't have Ms exclusives day one etc .....
It has been talk to hell and back and doesn't bring anything to the table.And nobody will change Riky's mind no matter how wrong he can be, that's why I ignored him faster than most ardent fanboys people here.

wargames%20gif.gif
I hear you, but I disagree though, how else am I going to fill my monthly triggered reaction count? I just stumbled into a goldmine here.
Just wait until Doncabesa Doncabesa comes online :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Krisprolls

Banned

Yes, you can play every XSX exclusive day one like... wait, no you can't because there's none since MS didn't even bother releasing a single one with the Series X. And when there will be, they'll be rated far lower than Sony exclusives as usual. Hence PS Now being superior overall.

I don't care about having a thousand 60 or 70 rated games, I don't have time or even the will to play that. I want to play the best games, only the best games. There are a lot more of them on Sony's side according to ratings, awards and my own taste.

Last edited:
Phil had people to answer to and agenda's to follow, read my second post regarding this. It wasn't until 2017 when he had complete control of the division.

So being head of Microsoft Games Studios meant he had no power or authority over the game published by said company? Do you not think that sounds like very flawed thinking?

Sorry but you are jumping to a conclusion there that the majority ( whatever that means in this sense ) thinks the game is trash. If you think the majority speaks via game awards, then you are sadly mistaken. Its not, full stop. What's next, a few forum warriors don't like GTA games, so they think they are trash? Just because i dislike something, doesn't mean i'm ignorant and think its trash. It just means its not for me. Sorry, but I'm not going to agree with you on that, and I call bullshit on saying those games are trash. Feel free to disagree for all i care.

So metacritic review aggregates and award shows that canvas opinions from across the industry don't count, but your own individual opinion does?

Lol. Yeah, you're being disingenuous... or just plain old obtuse.

Last edited:

onesvenus

Can they make some decent games, sure but sony just makes em better and by a long way.
There are multiple third party games which are better than some of Sony games. Why do you keep talking as if Microsoft won't ever be able to make great games? I know their track record does not inspire a lot of confidence but let's not talk as if great games are something exclusive to Sony and some other studios but not to others.

It has always been a matter of studio growth, let's keep an open mind about the ones which are not great now being able to be amazing in the future. Sony studios weren't always as amazing as they are today.

Last edited:

Riky

$MSFT
Sure, you will pay around $500 (gamepass for about 4 years) so you can play a game you've never seen or know anything about for "free".
I guess it sucks for me that I'll have to pay $70 to get horizon day 1 :messenger_tears_of_joy: . Any other great financial advice you can share, I've got my notebook out...

It's ok, I think you can stop already, I might get banned for abuse of a corpse on an online forum soon enough lol

Maths isn't your strong point then. You're not paying £500 for one game but hundreds of games. You go ahead and buy them all day one and save your money😅

Riky

$MSFT
Yes, you can play every XSX exclusive day one like... wait, no you can't because there's none since MS didn't even bother releasing a single one with the Series X. And when there will be, they'll be rated far lower than Sony exclusives as usual. Hence PS Now being superior overall.

I don't care about having a thousand 60 or 70 rated games, I don't have time or even the will to play that. I want to play the best games, only the best games. There are a lot more of them on Sony's side according to ratings, awards and my own taste.

There are actually Series X games on Gamepass, there are no PS5 games on PS Now, please keep up.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Phil had people to answer to and agenda's to follow, read my second post regarding this. It wasn't until 2017 when he had complete control of the division.
Come on man. he was the head of their first party studios since 2008 and only answered to Don. Then he took over from Don as THE boss after he left.

He joined the MS leadership team in 2017 but that doesnt mean he wasnt the Xbox boss this whole time. He bought f'ing Minecraft for $3 billion in 2014 as the boss of Xbox. There is no way he was able to spend that kind of cash if he had no clout.

The fact of the matter is that Phil chose to buy a casual franchise for kids for $3 billion before he started buying AAA studios like Ninja Theory and Obsidian that cost a fraction of Minecraft.

Maybe I will concede that the awful Kinect output from MS towards the last half of the 360's life cycle was Phil just following Don's orders, but after Don left this is what Phil did:

- Cancelled the new Coalition Games IP that had already been revealed at E3 2013.
- Paid $100 million for the Gears IP alone and forced them to make a sequel no one wanted.
- Shutdown the Fable studio for god knows what reason.
- Forced Platinum to put in coop no one wanted and then cancelled Scalebound after showing it twice.
- Spent millions on a needless Tomb Raider timed exclusive instead of optioning a new game.
- Burned A LOT of relationships with studios MS was already in bed with, Crytek, Insomniac, Platinum Games. All big third party studios even Don was able to secure deals with.
- Straight up dismissed single player games a week after Horizon and Zelda launched to incredible reviews saying that GaaS is more important to him.

MS are in this awful position today because of him. You look at the GOTY tracker that tracks all GOTY awards every year going back to 2010 and you see Sony with 4 wins while Nintendo, CD Project, EA, Rockstar, Bethesda all have 1 each. Even Walking Dead an indie game won back in 2012. MS has zero. If EA of all companies can manage a win in a decade then surely MS should have too.

I think Cyberpunk might beat out TLOU2 this year, but right now TLOU2 is the favorite to win the majority of awards. Thats 5 sony exclusive wins in the last 10 years. I can tell you Shu had to answer to people too, but he managed to get it done.

ethomaz

Banned
Timeline.

- CDPR says Reviewers can't talk or show about console version of Cyberpunk 2077.
- CDPR says Reviewers can't talk about the bug fest storm.
- CDPR says to Reviewers the day one patch will fix most of the bug fest storm.
- Reviewers gives 10/10 to an unfinished game.
- CDPR releases a huge "8 million preorders" PR to impress investors.
- CDPR releases Cyberpunk 2077 $60 Early Access.

They knows the thing will be bad.

Last edited:
Maths isn't your strong point then. You're not paying £500 for one game but hundreds of games. You go ahead and buy them all day one and save your money😅
My dude... stop... please, for your own good xD...

PS Now is half the cost of game pass & has way more / better games :D

You brought up Horizon on day 1 and you pretty much answered why Sony doesn't put first party games on a budget service as they release. Because quality. You either pay for quality or you're doomed to receive trash. Get that stuff in your head, that's why you don't get 1st party games worth shit all gen long on your preferred platform.

sircaw

Banned
There are actually Series X games on Gamepass, there are no PS5 games on PS Now, please keep up.

pfft Riky Riky

Neither PS5 and XSX have NATIVE games, actually, they're all some Smart delivery/Patched crap. Control was on PS Now, Metro Exodus delisted from PS Now a week ago. Actually, Days Gone is the only one PS5 game now on PS Now

dwish

Just to jump on the bandwagon. What were the release dates of the last 3 MS games released day 1 on Game Pass? When was the last MS game that you REALLY played (I mean more than a few hours) released on Game Pass?

Can I start being rude and caustic in here, too?

pfft Riky Riky

Neither PS5 and XSX have NATIVE games, actually, they're all some Smart delivery/Patched crap. Control was on PS Now, Metro Exodus delisted from PS Now a week ago. Actually, Days Gone is the only one PS5 game now on PS Now

But that isn't a PS5 game according to the special olympics mental gymnastics in this thread.

I supposed if glorified PS4 up-res Demon's Souls released on the industry-ignored PS Now, there'd be a PS5 game on there.

Last edited:
Just to jump on the bandwagon. What were the release dates of the last 3 MS games released day 1 on Game Pass?

Ignoring the re-released 4K/60fps/120fps versions of Xbox Series X|S titles, that'd be

Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition - October
Wasteland 3 - August
Tell Me Why - August
-also-
Battletoads -August
MS Flight Simulator -August

Whew so many words spent about a console you don't like that has no games. For the Xbox being so horrible many tagged people have tons to say about it. Maybe you guys are all secret lovers of the console but want to seem cool or something. If the Playstation is the best ever why do you even care what MS, Phil, or Greenburg say or do? You guys talk about them waaaay more than Xbox fans. It's weird.

Whew so many words spent about a console you don't like that has no games. For the Xbox being so horrible many tagged people have tons to say about it. Maybe you guys are all secret lovers of the console but want to seem cool or something. If the Playstation is the best ever why do you even care what MS, Phil, or Greenburg say or do? You guys talk about them waaaay more than Xbox fans. It's weird.

It's very bizarre.

I think the most worrisome aspect is that some people take their opinion as fact, in which if they don't particularly like something, it's undeniably bad.

sircaw

Banned
There are multiple third party games which are better than some of Sony games. Why do you keep talking as if Microsoft won't ever be able to make great games? I know their track record does not inspire a lot of confidence but let's not talk as if great games are something exclusive to Sony and some other studios but not to others.

It has always been a matter of studio growth, let's keep an open mind about the ones which are not great now being able to be amazing in the future. Sony studios weren't always as amazing as they are today.

its not that they can't make good games, it's can they make great games, they just cant seem to get the formula right, and now with xbox they are again once again miles behind out of the gate.

It seems that xbox is always playing catch up, not only to xbox studious need to get on the same level they need to move to the next point or beyond, cos that is where sony is again pushing.

I have zero faith in Microsoft to produce a game of the year product unless it has some gimmick or highlights something that the likes of reset error bull shit people latch on too.

Will xbox make some good games, i am sure they will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom