• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like some other people (M.Bluth on era) have found the same database and are starting to dig through. There are references to Arden = native, gen1, gen0. Just like Oberon. And the latest commits in those files are to Arden. :unsure:

That makes me think that if that database had compromised information it would have already been protected.

quest

Not Banned from OT
The real question is: Who to believe?
For marketing you need to use raw numbers. The navi = this is game dependent. Some better than others. Hell might as well throw in VRS right? If they don't do raw for raw it will be asking for trouble and a law suit for false advertising.

Fake

Gold Member
For marketing you need to use raw numbers. The navi = this is game dependent. Some better than others. Hell might as well throw in VRS right? If they don't do raw for raw it will be asking for trouble and a law suit for false advertising.
I guess DF already comproved the differencial between RDNA and GCN on both perfomance and energy efficiency.
TF is just a number based on GPU specs.

On the other hand we have performance on different architecture. RDNA > GNC, obviously.
That's the point.
TF are numbers fine, but there is a difference between RDNA and GCN and IMO that what that dumbass tweet want to disbelieve.
People are correct to ask if the console use RDNA TF or GCN TF because they indeed have architecture differencial.

Last edited:

quest

Not Banned from OT
I guess DF already comproved the differencial between RDNA and GCN on both perfomance and energy efficiency.

That's the point.
TF are numbers fine, but there is a difference between RDNA and GCN and IMO that what that dumbass tweet want to disbelieve.
People are correct to ask if the console use RDNA TF or GCN TF because they indeed have architecture differencial.

There is a architectural difference every generation. I'll take it as RDNA until MS says otherwise. In any marketing material it will be raw numbers or the same lawyers who made a cool 1.3 million off nvidia over the 970 will be making another big payday.

Fake

Gold Member
There is a architectural difference every generation. I'll take it as RDNA until MS says otherwise. In any marketing material it will be raw numbers or the same lawyers who made a cool 1.3 million off nvidia over the 970 will be making another big payday.

You saying GCN being not GCN? For all this time?
Sure you're not mistaking 'improvements' over 'new/revamp architectural'?

CEO of AMD saying RDNA TF > GCN TF in Navi conference.

Some random tweet: TF is TF.
No she didn't say that.

She said RDNA realises better gaming performance per clock cycle than GCN. The marketing material calls it IPC even though it isn't strictly speaking measuring instructions per cycle.
I've explained this before.

A FLOP is defined as a Floating Point Operation.

A Float or floating point number is a number with decimal places (e.g. 4.35) as opposed to an integer (e.g. a whole number such 4).

A floating point operation is quite literally performing a mathematical operation (i.e plus, minus, divide, multiply or indices) on a floating point number.

A TeraFLOP is 1 trillion floating point operations per second. One architectures floating point operation cannot by definition be more or less than another floating point operation.
The only thing that can change is precision (FP16/32/64) or how many decimal places the GPU calculates to.

The thing is, gaming performance is not directly measured by how many floating point operations a GPU can perform. There is a general trend in that more flops means more performance, but it is not a direct relationship. There are other factors at play. Stuff like geometry performance, pixel fill rates, raster operations and so on. Even cache hierarchy and bandwidth impact performance in terms of how quickly the GPU core can be supplied with numbers to crunch. RDNA offers specific improvements in terms of gaming performance but also offers some advantages in pure compute due to improved caching and of course, higher frequencies.
But if you stick an RX5700 up against a Radeon Pro WX9200 (i.e Vega 64) in a pure computational workload, then the latter will win, because it can execute more floating point operations than the former.
Why? Because a FLOP is a fucking FLOP.

Jesus fucking Christ.

Yep. Like Google used it for Stadia.

Klee's silence says a lot.

If this is confirmed, Klee must be expelled for laughing at everyone, and no, I do not have the excuse that they gave him the data wrong, nobody believes that.

ANIMAL1975

Willing to turn a new leaf and be respectful in here and have friendly discussions. Sorry if i was a bit much over last few days but i had a nice convo with Mod
OK then, asking very respectfully (seriously, not being sarcastic) do you happen to have any solid information on PS5 specs?

They can still get good system for 399$ at loss this time around. Perhaps next time, they will need 499$ for it to work.

I can assure you, 12 v 9.2TF is what you are going to see.
I think the drama of the last 24 hours went over your head, now you claiming you know for sure that it's going to be 12 v 9.2tf! Present your proof to Mod of War: Remastered Mod of War: Remastered or any other mods, or stop with the bullshit pretending that what you say (what you think) it's the indisputable truth and the real specs of the final consoles.

I had to fall into this drama because I need to pretend I am clueless about ps5 Power lmao

Things Will be good in february
You too should stop with the drama and come clean with the mods

But...PS5 is 36CU 256bit part...?
And there you go again...

Gamernyc78

Banned
I agree, but what he did by saying "I have the data but I can't say anything" is just looking for prominence

Possibly or maybe he just wanted to let ppl know tht what he's saying isn't just hearsay but from actual data he has. Maybe he didn't intend it to come off condescending or looking for attention.

Idk or maybe he did.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Klee has said many times what he thinks and has replied several times he hasn't changed his mind.

I don't see the need for every single so called "leak" to pop up that Klee needs to rush to that other place and reassure everyone who most don't believe him anyhow.

I think if he sees something or hears something that changes his mind he will let people know.

farmerboy

About the only thing that worries me about a stronger xbox is Greenbergs incessant carrying on on twitter LOL. 🤣

If all this is true, I can already see the marketing, "Series X most powerful" , "PS5 fastest".

Two identical boxes has it's appeal, but it's more fun when there are real points of difference, strengths that each camp can hang their hat on.

Whichever way it goes, it'll be a wash and the games are all that matters. And they'll be awesome.

Klee in his last message said he will be back home on 29th . I don’t know why people expect him to post before that .we have around 28 hours to 48 hours before he posts haha.

it would be funny if Klee turns out to be true. Whole internet vs one single man .
Things he confirmed before anyone else :

vrs for both
Hardware raytracing for both
12 Navi TF for xsx
Reveal at TGA for XSX

things left to be proven :
Both boxes are double digit Navi TF
ps5 better than xsx by 10%
Ps meeting is in February

Things he was not aware about :

lockhart

Last edited:
Klee in his last message said he will be back home on 29th . I don’t know why people expect him to post before that .we have around 28 hours to 48 hours before he posts haha.

it would be funny if Klee turns out to be true. Whole internet vs one single man .

vrs for both
12 Navi TF for xsx
Reveal at TGA for XSX

lockhart

Like DF, Tom Warren and others, though

vpance

vrs for both
12 Navi TF for xsx
Reveal at TGA for XSX

lockhart

He also said nothing changed about his statement of PS5 > XSX, after he confirmed 12TF Navi for XSX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom