• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, but that's absolutely incorrect. No such content is sold in any legitimate form in Japan, and you'd be hard pressed to find any example anywhere. And I'm commenting specifically on your "It's not just fiction" bit, meaning actual humans being taken advantage of in those ways.
Hentai is fiction, and yes there are several types of hentai (always fiction by definition) that contain sexualized depictions of all kinds of things deemed taboo in other societies (from incest to aliens, tentacles and young teens, etc).

I won't derail the thread anymore, but yeah, those materials 100% have the right to exist and it's a good thing that they do. I rather someone with "bad" proclivities to find release in fiction than go outside and molest real people, be it sexually or by committing extreme violence. It's all part of human nature and there's no point in hiding it.
Isn't Setsuna the dude who wanted to fuck his 15 year old sister?

Suspicious On To You GIF by Originals

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
I get the point here, but I think nobody comes close to the madness that is misterxmedia. Didn't he once argue that there was a dGPU in the power brick of the Xbox one?
Remember when some ppl tried to compare the PS5 SSD talk to this? Or those discussing PS5 specs in general?

Good times.
Hmm it says PS4 is 39GB, can someone who has it check?
It's still a 10GB difference but I wanna be sure for all versions.
I wanted to get this, I might as well now. I'm confused:

Its showing as 46GB in the store, but the wording makes it seems likes its the PS4 version. (you can play on PS5, but some PS4 features blah blah blah). I dont see a way to choose the PS5 version.
I've been playing my PS5 for weeks, and this morning I got hit with updates to a handful of games.

Control Ultimate
NBA2K 21
Minecraft
Marquette
Madden 21
Watch Dogs Legion

Only Minecraft is a PS4 version.

Last edited:

assurdum

Banned
Sorry, but that's absolutely incorrect. No such content is sold in any legitimate form in Japan, and you'd be hard pressed to find any example anywhere. And I'm commenting specifically on your "It's not just fiction" bit, meaning actual humans being taken advantage of in those ways.
Hentai is fiction, and yes there are several types of hentai (always fiction by definition) that contain sexualized depictions of all kinds of things deemed taboo in other societies (from incest to aliens, tentacles and young teens, etc).

I won't derail the thread anymore, but yeah, those materials 100% have the right to exist and it's a good thing that they do. I rather someone with "bad" proclivities to find release in fiction than go outside and molest real people, be it sexually or by committing extreme violence. It's all part of human nature and there's no point in hiding it.
Yes there are unfortunately and I'm not referring to the hentai, tons of documentary talking about it. But it's not the right place to discuss about. And no imo pedophilic content shouldn't be allowed. It's not normal how children act in such hentai, I don't think it's a good thing fantasize about children who want have sex with an adult, there is nothing of artistic about it and it's not part of a healthy human nature; I doubt it prevents pedopholies to go out and molest children, more the contrary unluckily, because it legitimates their orientation imo. And let's not talk of the exasperation of the woman sexualisation even in useless contest by them. The woman figure isn't respect so much by them. But again would be a long discussion.

Last edited:

Zadom

I mean, fiction is fiction, I'm against any form of censure and think there's a place for any kind of work of fiction, no matter the topic or how disturbing it might be. If it's part of the human experience then people will express it.
I only commented because I don't like how somehow sexual (or sexualized) depictions in art apparently are less acceptable than extreme violence and gore. There's a place for everything even if we as individuals not the target audience for some of these subjects.

I refuse to sleep, eat, or move until IntentionalPun responds to this post.
1sie6uj.jpg

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

I never thought I'd live in a world where Sony launched an exclusive on Gamepass on Day One.

Would love to see the behind the scenes on this. I dont think even Jimbo saw this coming. If we are to believe the rumors that MLB forced Sony to release this on xbox (which I personally dont buy) then MLB likely cut a deal with MS since they are technically the ones publishing the game. So basically Jimbo either got bullied into releasing a Gamepass game or he got completely outmanuvered. Either way, this is funny.

I dont see how this is a bad thing for Sony gamers. I just think it's funny. It's one of the biggest additions for gamepass because this means day one third party games are a thing like Phil wants us to believe.

P.S I think this pretty much kills Sony taking on Star Wars or any other IP they dont own. Take Spiderman for instance. What if Marvel cuts a deal with Phil and forced Sony to launch it on Xbox. And then Phil swoops in and makes it a day one Gamepass exclusive. I think Jimbo wont care and release it anyway, but I dont see third parties looking at this and not taking advantage of Sony getting bossed around like this.

Last edited:

Shmunter

This game has deal with Xbox and still runs better on PS5
1466366261-risitas51.png

Yet you have some fanboys that want to believe that Xbox series X is a better hardware than PS5
1466366261-risitas51.png
It’s wired considered pc is the lead platform. Should be an simpler port to XsX.with direct x etc.

jroc74

I never thought I'd live in a world where Sony launched an exclusive on Gamepass on Day One.

Would love to see the behind the scenes on this. I dont think even Jimbo saw this coming. If we are to believe the rumors that MLB forced Sony to release this on xbox (which I personally dont buy) then MLB likely cut a deal with MS since they are technically the ones publishing the game. So basically Jimbo either got bullied into releasing a Gamepass game or he got completely outmanuvered. Either way, this is funny.

I dont see how this is a bad thing for Sony gamers. I just think it's funny. It's one of the biggest additions for gamepass because this means day one third party games are a thing like Phil wants us to believe.

P.S I think this pretty much kills Sony taking on Star Wars or any other IP they dont own. Take Spiderman for instance. What if Marvel cuts a deal with Phil and forced Sony to launch it on Xbox. And then Phil swoops in and makes it a day one Gamepass exclusive. I think Jimbo wont care and release it anyway, but I dont see third parties looking at this and not taking advantage of Sony getting bossed around like this.
Its amazing, lol.

"Sony wont launch their games day one on PSNow"

Never even thought about Game pass as a multi platform game, lol.

Derift

Sony should have let the contract go....the implications of this could be very detrimental for Sony... I have no interest in this game but the fact they have let this game come out on gamepass before your own service is a L.... unless Sony gets starfield or something Jim should expect Ps fanboys to be on his ass

jroc74

Did you read anything about it? Sony doesn't handle publishing outside of the PS versions. It's a decision made by the MLB.
Could be...but its still made by a Sony studio. Right now its so confusing, eventually things will get clearer.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Isn't Setsuna the dude who wanted to fuck his 15 year old sister?

Suspicious On To You GIF by Originals
Damn, he got himself perma'd over an anti-semetic post in OT.

Love how this is his final post in this thread lol.
Sony should have let the contract go....the implications of this could be very detrimental for Sony... I have no interest in this game but the fact they have let this game come out on gamepass before your own service is a L.... unless Sony gets starfield or something Jim should expect Ps fanboys to be on his ass
I am not buying this whole theory that MLB forced Sony to launch a game on a competitor's console in exchange for the license. It makes it sound like Sony had zero leverage. As if MLB The Show literally being the only MLB game worth a damn gets Sony no leverage. It also makes Jim Ryan look like a chump. A guy who not only got bullied into putting his exclusive on a competitor's console but also got blindsided by Phil pulling a 4d chess move. I am not buying it and I am by no means a Jim Ryan fan or supporter. I just refuse to believe that Sony got forced or tricked into this. Like if MLB was publishing this then surely Sony shouldve known that the possibility of MS paying for a gamepass day one release wouldve been on the cards. They arent running a mom and shop you know. They have analysts and businessmen whose job it is to predict stuff like thsi.

They knew. They are ok with this. I brought up the Spiderman example above, but are people really insinuating that Marvel can force Sony to launch Spiderman Miles on Xbox now? So Sony spends years of their best studio, millions in marketing, millions more in production budget and then literally gives it to the xbox guys for free because MS paid Marvel execs a few million in gamepass money?

I think this is just part of Jim Ryan's plan. He does not care about exclusivity as shown by his willingness to put exclusives on PC.

reksveks

Their licensing business....

A licensing business =/= publishing business. They don't have a publishing business. They don't need one. Sony has developed and published all MLB games since they bought the license.
The publisher on the xbox side via the screenshots that I have seen says its MLB for the xbox platform. This could be a front end mistake but maybe not.

Damn, he got himself perma'd over an anti-semetic post in OT.

Love how this is his final post in this thread lol.
He didn't get banned because of this reply to me right? If so I'd ask the mods to please take it back. I take no offense to it at all, he was mentioning (in a mocking way) something that kind of happens in the manga my username relates to.
I took it all in good fun, 100%.

LiquidRex

Whats the deal with San Diego Studio, are more titles expected for xbox in the future, or is it just a case they were obligated under contract to have MLB release day one on Gamepass. 🤔

SlimySnake

He didn't get banned because of this reply to me right? If so I'd ask the mods to please take it back. I take no offense to it at all, he was mentioning (in a mocking way) something that kind of happens in the manga my username relates to.
I took it all in good fun, 100%.
nah, like i said it was for an anti-sematic post in OT. I knew he was referring to the anime character.

SlimySnake

So does Sony make any money from this deal?
developers do get a cut but depends on the deal they cut with the publishing studio. If sony was asleep at the wheel then they probably didnt put any clauses, but these big corporations dont just sign deals like this willy nilly. They must have put some language in the contract to get profits back from sales. And if MS paid $50-100 million to MLB for this then Sony should get a cut of it as its technically a sale.

That said, when 505 signed a deal with Epic to release Control there exclusively, I am not sure if Remedy got a piece of it. But remedy is a smallish studio where as Sony is a big publisher themselves.

Did you read anything about it? Sony doesn't handle publishing outside of the PS versions. It's a decision made by the MLB.

I think what we have to look at is if any Sony published games get released day one on gamepass. Like if Horizon Forbidden West is a day one gamepass release for example.

This MLB incident I don't believe Sony had any real control over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom