• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 1 |OT| - A new season dawns with champs vs chokes

Status
Not open for further replies.

JABEE

If Roddy White has a high ankle sprain then it will not get better unless they shut him down for 6 weeks. Just do that and be ready for the playoffs. I have never seen a football player perform even decent with a high ankle sprain
Terrell Owens in the Super Bowl, but that was him coming back early from a high ankle sprain.

Roddy White is also more injured than people thought. Teases INs and Outs segment.

-Jay Glazer's report
dwight-the-office-creepy-smile-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-332.gif

Sanchez dislocated his shoulder on that last play in the preseason. The doctor popped his shoulder back into place.

He also already had a torn labrum.

Roddy White is also more injured than people thought. Teases INs and Outs segment.

-Jay Glazer's report
:(

JABEE

Wasn't his leg broken?
He got a high ankle sprain in a December game against the Cowboys. Roy Williams Jr performed one of the last legal horse collar tackles before they were outlawed.

He played in the Super Bowl, because he was able to get stability in his foot by putting a pin in there.

Here are my feelings heading into this week one game against the Browns:

Dolphins passing vs. Browns pass d: I consider this matchup a wash because of how many unknowns there are. Tannehill is expected to progress significantly this season but whether he takes that step or not remains to be seen. The Dolphins pass blocking will be a big factor in today's game, and with what we know as of right now I think the Browns' underrated pass rush has the edge in that matchup. I like the Dolphins WR's against the Browns' secondary, but Tannehill will have to make the passes for it to matter, and the line will have to do their job as well.

Dolphins rushing vs. Browns run d: I have even less confidence in the Dolphins rushing game than the passing game, mostly because of how little experience Lamar Miller has as a starting RB. The o-line is better suited to run blocking than pass blocking but whether or not Miller can consistently find the holes remains to be seen, and when Daniel Thomas is in the game I'll consider anything but a fumble or a lost yardage play as a win.

Dolphins run d vs. Browns rushing: I like the Dolphins in this matchup, as I stated earlier. T. Rich is a top 10 back in the league in my opinion and could end up in the top 5 by season's end but the Dolphins d-line is the deepest unit on the team and the LB's are upgraded from last season when the run d was already a strength. The Dolphins also have a tendency to start the season strong against the run before trailing off so I expect them to hold T. Rich to less than 80 yards with possibly 1 or 0 TD's.

Dolphins secondary vs. Browns passing: This is the biggest area of concern for me as a Dolphins fan. The Browns may be without Gordon in this game but I still think Weeden has plenty of other solid weapons surrounding him, and other than Brent Grimes the Dolphins CB's inspire little confidence. With rookies Jamar Taylor and Will Davis both unavailable due to injuries the Dolphins will rely on Nolan Carroll as a third CB on passing downs. In other words, I will be praying and biting my nails on every third and long. Look for Weeden to abuse Carroll throughout this game.

Overall I feel like the teams are fairly evenly matched with many question marks coming into the season. It's anyone's game, but I like the Dolphins' chances. With all of that said, I expect the winner to be the team that plays a less sloppy game (particularly with regards to turnovers and penalties).

Good luck to the Browns and their fans, hope you guys enjoy the game.

JCizzle

He got a high ankle sprain in a December game against the Cowboys. Roy Williams Jr performed one of the last legal horse collar tackles before they were outlawed.

He played in the Super Bowl, because he was able to get stability in his foot by putting a pin in there.

One of the best performances of all time IMO. Sucks for him that McNabb was an out of shape bum.

JABEE

ESPN is so stodgy that they have to refer to their parody Sports Science segment as Fake Sports Science.

Because people who watch ESPN can't pick up on the joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom