• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2013 |OT| Racism, Pokémon, and the Pursuit of Saltiness

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Galchenyuk is already the better player and missed an entire year of development. Yakupov won't be a bust, but he's a pure scorer and that's it.

Acid08

Banned
Just to clarify, the media asked Marleau if he thought Hertl's flashy/amazing goal was an act of showboating? Or his celebration after? Either way its retarded
The controversy is surrounding the move itself. His celebration after was actually fairly subdued considering the goal he just scored :lol. Nothing compared to Yakupov's "omg I tied the game" celebration.

Stasis

If the Rangers manage to come out of this road trip a .500 team I'll be super happy.

If we lose tonight, please let it be a normal loss. You know... 1-2 goal differential. Thx!

Red_Man

Yakupov is a pure scorer on a team full of them. Hard to learn defense that way.

Too early to determine who's better.
He's never shown great defensive instincts at any level, nothing wrong with being a pure scorer. Right now Galchenyuk is the much more rounded player.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
If the Rangers manage to come out of this road trip a .500 team I'll be super happy.

If we lose tonight, please let it be a normal loss. You know... 1-2 goal differential. Thx!
Before the season started I figured I'd be ecstatic if we got to 4 or 5 points by the time we hit NJ and Philly for the first time.

That still stands.

Red_Man

Galy has one extra career point. Argument over.
Something like 90% + of A. Gallys points last year were at even strength, that's pretty massive for a kid going into the NHL after missing his entire draft year.

Solo

Man I wish this game were in Montreal. I'd love to see Yaks vs Gally. Maybe I'll try to stay awake for a period lol

Silexx

I think my authenticity detector is a bit off today. This isn't real, is it?

BWQHOUhCQAEhISM.jpg

EDIT: Upon further reflection and research, I am now pretty sure this is fake. Funny pic nonetheless.

Inspirational words from Thornton. Best hockey quote of all time?

Also just watched some Seth Jones highlights on TSN...kid is gonna be a superstar, you can see it in the way he plays.

Quick

Banned
I think my authenticity detector is a bit off today. This isn't real, is it?

BWQHOUhCQAEhISM.jpg

EDIT: Upon further reflection and research, I am now pretty sure this is fake. Funny pic nonetheless.

Between a Cock and a Hard Place.

You're welcome, NHL.com.

I am starting to get a man crush on Steve Downie.

As long as he refrains from doing any of the stupid things he thinks of doing he's a really effective player. I hope that if he does step over the line Roy will scream at him, we can use him in the lineup but fuck having him around if he's just going to try to injure people.

I feel like he was just playing his man.

Yeah, he was. It was a soft call for sure, but a call nonetheless. I'd want him to do the same thing if given another chance.

yyzjohn

Banned
Something like 90% + of A. Gallys points last year were at even strength, that's pretty massive for a kid going into the NHL after missing his entire draft year.

I know but I just like to bug Habs fans. You can't factor out that Yakupov is on a shit fucking team though. Habs are far better.

Top Bottom