• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2013 |OT| Racism, Pokémon, and the Pursuit of Saltiness

Samyy

Do you drive a car? If so stfu. You and everyone else who rely on oil are the reason the oilsands exist.

Oilsands and oil companies in general are terrible. I'm sorry, its not worth it unless we develop technologies that significantly minimze the effect on the environment.

And I don't buy that car shit, society has made it so that for many people its a necessity, practically no way around it. For anyone who lives in a suburb for example its not practical to wait 30-40 minutes for a bus, these conditions are better in denser metropolitan areas.

Oh and I commute on buses exclusivesly so I can tell the oilsands to fuck off as much as I want right?

Samyy

Huh Bozak finished, good on him. Cool play, generally don't see plays like that from the Leafs that often and that well executed.

zedge

Oilsands and oil companies in general are terrible. I'm sorry, its not worth it unless we develop technologies that significantly minimze the effect on the environment.

And I don't buy that car shit, society has made it so that for many people its a necessity, practically no way around it. For anyone who lives in a suburb for example its not practical to wait 30-40 minutes for a bus, these conditions are better in denser metropolitan areas.
?

Thanks for making my point. Derp. Lets just stop making oil see how that works out for all those people driving cars..or anything made of plastic.

:facepalm

Of course we need to find alternatives.. in the meantime we need fucking oil.

Acid08

Banned
ALRIGHT ALRIGHT OKAY LET'S GO.

NOW, YOU ALL HEARD ME TALK ABOUT HURTL-TURTLE EMBARRASSING THE SHARKS WITH HIS EXCESSIVE PRODUCTIVITY AND TRASHY EUROPEAN ANTICS. HE'S RUININ' THE GAME.

NOT ONLY THAT, HE'S RUININ' CAREERS. CANADIAN FRENCHIE FRY MARTY BIRON'S BEEN WAIVED BY THE RANGERS 'CAUSE HURLEY-TURTLE DECIDED TO SPIT ON THE GAME BY SHOWBOATIN', HOTDOGGIN', AND SHOWBOATIN' WHILE HOTDOGGIN'. BOY THAT MADE ME MAD.

NOW, BIRON MAY BE A DIRTY FRENCHMAN, BUT HE'S STILL CANADIAN. NOT THE BEST KIND OF CANADIAN, BUT STILL CANADIAN! HUGE MISTAKE WAIVIN' HIM BY THE RANGERS. SHOULDA WAVED THAT SWEDE LUNGED-KISSED. WHAT'S HE DONE TO CONTRIBUTE TO THE RANGERS ANYWAY. USELESS, GET THAT SWEDE OUTTA THE GAME. GET THAT TURTLEHURT OUT OF THE GAME TOO. THE NHL'S GOIN' DOWNHILL WITH THESE EMBARRASSING EUROPEANS.

LET ME TELL YOU A STORY KIDS: I WAS WASHIN' MY HANDS IN THE BATHROOM, WHEN I SAW TWO STALLS OPEN. ONE HAD FRENCHIE FRY BIRON AND THE OTHER HAD HURT-A-WHIRL. THEY WERE BOTH TAKIN' A DUMP - NOW, BIRON LEFT HIS DOOR OPEN BECAUSE HE'S A GOOD CANADIAN GUY. TURTLE LEFT HIS OPEN BECAUSE HE'S A NO-GOOD EUROPEAN - ANYWAY, YOU SEE THEM WIPIN', AND BIRON, GOD LOVE HIM, WAS WIPIN' BOTTOM TO TOP, AND HERPDL WAS WIPIN' TOP TO BOTTOM. NOW KIDS, IF YOU EVER WIPED, YOU KNOW THE RIGHT WAY TO DO IT IS BOTTOM TO TOP. I MEAN, WIPIN' TOP TO BOTTOM - YOU MIGHT AS WELL RUB SHIT ON YOUR BALLS, YOU KNOW. BOBBY ORR WIPED BOTTOM TO TOP LIKE A REAL CANADIAN.

NOW, AFTER CRYIN' SOME, I LOOK TO THE OTHER SIDE OF THE BATHROOM. YOU KNOW WHAT I SEE? LAND-KEYST TAKIN' A DUMP ON A URINAL...WITH A VISOR. DISGUSTIN' EUROPEAN ANTICS. URINALS ARE FOR TAKIN' A DUMP BARE-FACED.

BOBBY WOULDA TAKEN THAT DUMP IN THE URINAL WITHOUT A VISOR.

These keep getting better :lol

I cannot fucking wait until the Sharks and Leafs play.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Gotta rush home and catch the Habs game! That kid line makes me question my sexuality!

AGally <3
BGally <3
Eller <3
Baby-monkey-wants-mom-hug.gif

Heretic said:
ALL future Ducks!
ZBvQz.gif

zedge

lets go back to gravel roads as well. That should go well in Vancouver.

:lol

Internet arm chair activists are hilarious. Meanwhile they cruising around in their cars and shit.

"oh look at me all hipster and enviro. while i sip my latte in my BMW"

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
:lol

Internet arm chair activists are hilarious. Meanwhile they cruising around in their cars and shit.

"oh look at me all hipster and enviro. while i sip my latte in my BMW"

There are other solutions that don't ruin the environment as much.

Nobody's saying let's not drill for ANY oil. We're saying let's avoid the worst ways. Even if it's more expensive. I'll gladly pay more taxes if it means not ruining the environment.

Hell, I'll gladly pay more taxes to fund more research into electro-cars. And no, I don't own a car. It's not a black/white issue.

But I understand why anyone from/in Alberta/working in the field/relying on that money would argue for it.

RC

Banned
You long hairs and your clean air and cruelty free coffee, sipping on dreams.

You uptown suits and your snergy, and diversifying portfolio's, sipping away dreams.

zedge

There are other solutions that don't ruin the environment as much.

Nobody's saying let's not drill for ANY oil. We're saying let's avoid the worst ways. Even if it's more expensive. I'll gladly pay more taxes if it means not ruining the environment.

Hell, I'll gladly pay more taxes to fund more research into electro-cars. And no, I don't own a car. It's not a black/white issue.

But I understand why anyone from/in Alberta/working in the field/relying on that money would argue for it.

I don't work in the industry. And I agree with you. I just find it hypocritical to criticize something that exists because of how we live. I doubt any of the extraction methods for oil are good for the environment. I'm sure the people on the gulf coast catching three eyed fish would agree.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
THE STANCHION STRIKES AGAIN

poor Mason :lol

I don't work in the industry. And I agree with you. I just find it hypocritical to criticize something that exists because of how we live. I doubt any of the extraction methods for oil are good for the environment. I'm sure the people on the gulf coast catching three eyed fish would agree.

Schuey does, that's why I mentioned it. :p And I'd say better late than never to start caring about the environment. Might already be too late anyway, though.

Fei

Tavares, Grabner and Nilsson always own Buffalo. Nilsson already on the board.

You'll note I said worst headshot -I've- ever seen. Haven't made it a point to follow the storied career of Kaleta, nor most other shitty players in the league.

Fair enough.

Quick

Banned
Speaking of hypocrisies, it was pretty funny seeing people protesting at St. James Park a couple of years ago, where they turned it into a campsite, bust out their smartphones and order Starbucks from across the street.

Top Bottom