• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2013 |OT| Racism, Pokémon, and the Pursuit of Saltiness

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Advanced stats will be the future in how we look at players but for now it still needs tweaking as shown with your post.

My hope is if the Leafs make the playoffs and still show the advanced stats were wrong it may trigger these guys to start trying to figure out why it was wrong and how to properly use the stats.

But it may not matter as I said Mirtle seems to already be changing his song more to you can't win a Stanley Cup with these stats instead of you can't be a playoff team with these stats.
Moving that goal post...

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
The most surprising thing of the start of this season is that the Canucks have had multiple shot-blocking injuries, and Garrison hasn't caused any of them.

Launch titles for both systems seem underwhelming. I'm happy with my Pokemon.

Exactly my attitude. I can wait a year or so to get the console launch hickups sorted out, price to maybe go down and good exclusives to come out. TitanFall and Watch dogs on pc.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
No JVR tonight. :(

Time to reunite beauty and the beast?

kessel-lupul.jpg

Smiley90

At least Schroeder's back.

Just the top 6 offensive firepower we need to kickstart this team.

Wonder where Torts will play him. Richardson has been a great 3C, but that's nominally Schroeder's job. At least our 3rd line is starting to not look like a 4th line anymore.

Sedin-Sedin-Santorelli
Booth-Kesler-Kassian
Higgins-Schroeder-Hansen
Sestito-Richardson-Weise

?

Smiley90

To add to the advanced stats debate:

By them, Hamhuis has been by far our best defenseman this season. Anyone that follows the Canucks will tell you he hasn't, for whatever reason.

Also, this.

Breakdowning-own-goal-07.png

Also, Kaleta got shanabanned for 10 games, whoa. How did I miss that hit? Oh right, Sabres...

Speaking of which, do the BJs have a Captain yet?

Police Captain BOBROVSKY

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
David Broll on the top line with Bozak and Kessel?

Montresor post so we know you're okay, I'm sure you're rubbing one out hard right now.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Kaleta should just be kicked out of the league, he's worthless and continues to be a repeat offender.

Montresor

David Broll on the top line with Bozak and Kessel?

Montresor post so we know you're okay, I'm sure you're rubbing one out hard right now.

Broll has been decent but it's still early. But I do love a big tough winger that can skate and take regular shifts.

So that's JVR, Kulemin, Clarkson, McLaren, and Fraser all out.

Quick

Banned

Haha, we need a another Don Quick

ALRIGHT ALRIGHT OKAY LET'S GO.

NOW, YOU ALL HEARD ME TALK ABOUT HURTL-TURTLE EMBARRASSING THE SHARKS WITH HIS EXCESSIVE PRODUCTIVITY AND TRASHY EUROPEAN ANTICS. HE'S RUININ' THE GAME.

NOT ONLY THAT, HE'S RUININ' CAREERS. CANADIAN FRENCHIE FRY MARTY BIRON'S BEEN WAIVED BY THE RANGERS 'CAUSE HURLEY-TURTLE DECIDED TO SPIT ON THE GAME BY SHOWBOATIN', HOTDOGGIN', AND SHOWBOATIN' WHILE HOTDOGGIN'. BOY THAT MADE ME MAD.

NOW, BIRON MAY BE A DIRTY FRENCHMAN, BUT HE'S STILL CANADIAN. NOT THE BEST KIND OF CANADIAN, BUT STILL CANADIAN! HUGE MISTAKE WAIVIN' HIM BY THE RANGERS. SHOULDA WAVED THAT SWEDE LUNGED-KISSED. WHAT'S HE DONE TO CONTRIBUTE TO THE RANGERS ANYWAY. USELESS, GET THAT SWEDE OUTTA THE GAME. GET THAT TURTLEHURT OUT OF THE GAME TOO. THE NHL'S GOIN' DOWNHILL WITH THESE EMBARRASSING EUROPEANS.

LET ME TELL YOU A STORY KIDS: I WAS WASHIN' MY HANDS IN THE BATHROOM, WHEN I SAW TWO STALLS OPEN. ONE HAD FRENCHIE FRY BIRON AND THE OTHER HAD HURT-A-WHIRL. THEY WERE BOTH TAKIN' A DUMP - NOW, BIRON LEFT HIS DOOR OPEN BECAUSE HE'S A GOOD CANADIAN GUY. TURTLE LEFT HIS OPEN BECAUSE HE'S A NO-GOOD EUROPEAN - ANYWAY, YOU SEE THEM WIPIN', AND BIRON, GOD LOVE HIM, WAS WIPIN' BOTTOM TO TOP, AND HERPDL WAS WIPIN' TOP TO BOTTOM. NOW KIDS, IF YOU EVER WIPED, YOU KNOW THE RIGHT WAY TO DO IT IS BOTTOM TO TOP. I MEAN, WIPIN' TOP TO BOTTOM - YOU MIGHT AS WELL RUB SHIT ON YOUR BALLS, YOU KNOW. BOBBY ORR WIPED BOTTOM TO TOP LIKE A REAL CANADIAN.

NOW, AFTER CRYIN' SOME, I LOOK TO THE OTHER SIDE OF THE BATHROOM. YOU KNOW WHAT I SEE? LAND-KEYST TAKIN' A DUMP ON A URINAL...WITH A VISOR. DISGUSTIN' EUROPEAN ANTICS. URINALS ARE FOR TAKIN' A DUMP BARE-FACED.

BOBBY WOULDA TAKEN THAT DUMP IN THE URINAL WITHOUT A VISOR.

I still think the Kaleta hit is worse because of the distance between them when he starts skating towards Johnson, the speed and the fact that the head looked like the target the whole time. Brown is a dirty piece of shit for sure but I'd rather take one of his stupid elbows than a dude's entire body weight with speed behind it to the face.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
ALRIGHT ALRIGHT OKAY LET'S GO.

NOW, YOU ALL HEARD ME TALK ABOUT HURTL-TURTLE EMBARRASSING THE SHARKS WITH HIS EXCESSIVE PRODUCTIVITY AND TRASHY EUROPEAN ANTICS. HE'S RUININ' THE GAME.

NOT ONLY THAT, HE'S RUININ' CAREERS. CANADIAN FRENCHIE FRY MARTY BIRON'S BEEN WAIVED BY THE RANGERS 'CAUSE HURLEY-TURTLE DECIDED TO SPIT ON THE GAME BY SHOWBOATIN', HOTDOGGIN', AND SHOWBOATIN' WHILE HOTDOGGIN'. BOY THAT MADE ME MAD.

NOW, BIRON MAY BE A DIRTY FRENCHMAN, BUT HE'S STILL CANADIAN. NOT THE BEST KIND OF CANADIAN, BUT STILL CANADIAN! HUGE MISTAKE WAIVIN' HIM BY THE RANGERS. SHOULDA WAVED THAT SWEDE LUNGED-KISSED. WHAT'S HE DONE TO CONTRIBUTE TO THE RANGERS ANYWAY. USELESS, GET THAT SWEDE OUTTA THE GAME. GET THAT TURTLEHURT OUT OF THE GAME TOO. THE NHL'S GOIN' DOWNHILL WITH THESE EMBARRASSING EUROPEANS.

LET ME TELL YOU A STORY KIDS: I WAS WASHIN' MY HANDS IN THE BATHROOM, WHEN I SAW TWO STALLS OPEN. ONE HAD FRENCHIE FRY BIRON AND THE OTHER HAD HURT-A-WHIRL. THEY WERE BOTH TAKIN' A DUMP - NOW, BIRON LEFT HIS DOOR OPEN BECAUSE HE'S A GOOD CANADIAN GUY. TURTLE LEFT HIS OPEN BECAUSE HE'S A NO-GOOD EUROPEAN - ANYWAY, YOU SEE THEM WIPIN', AND BIRON, GOD LOVE HIM, WAS WIPIN' BOTTOM TO TOP, AND HERPDL WAS WIPIN' TOP TO BOTTOM. NOW KIDS, IF YOU EVER WIPED, YOU KNOW THE RIGHT WAY TO DO IT IS BOTTOM TO TOP. I MEAN, WIPIN' TOP TO BOTTOM - YOU MIGHT AS WELL RUB SHIT ON YOUR BALLS, YOU KNOW. BOBBY ORR WIPED BOTTOM TO TOP LIKE A REAL CANADIAN.

NOW, AFTER CRYIN' SOME, I LOOK TO THE OTHER SIDE OF THE BATHROOM. YOU KNOW WHAT I SEE? LAND-KEYST TAKIN' A DUMP ON A URINAL...WITH A VISOR. DISGUSTIN' EUROPEAN ANTICS. URINALS ARE FOR TAKIN' A DUMP BARE-FACED.

BOBBY WOULDA TAKEN THAT DUMP IN THE URINAL WITHOUT A VISOR.

Gold

Fei

Worst headshot ever is dumb. Hell, I think Kaleta has made dirtier hits himself. That said, the hit was dangerous and unnecessary.

Kaleta's redeeming quality is that he's a very good PKer, but he's always injured or suspended. Not to mention he is a danger to everyone on the ice. I wouldn't be upset if he never played another game in the league.

Heretic

Gotta rush home and catch the Habs game! That kid line makes me question my sexuality!

AGally <3
BGally <3
Eller <3

ALL future Ducks!

Cat Party

I know it's wrong to say this as a Sharks fan but it sucks to have to acknowledge that Pronger is done. Dude was a great player and a great personality. His injury sounds pretty awful in terms of long term effects. I hope he comes back in a front office or coaching capacity.

Top Bottom