• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2015 |OT| Dan Cleary was re-signed

Quick

Banned
I always wait until episodic games are complete before starting them, did the same here. Im like halfway through episode 3 now, good shit

I did this for season 1 of The Walking Dead, and as soon as Season 2 was available to buy, I bought the entire episode pass. Then waited painfully for each new episode.

I did this for season 1 of The Walking Dead, and as soon as Season 2 was available to buy, I bought the entire episode pass. Then waited painfully for each new episode.
I waited for season 1 until it was all out
and left disappointed...never played season 2
waited on resident evil revelations 2, great choice. Played it in coop the whole way through in 1 weekend. Now im playing life is strange the same way, and am super happy I did it this way.

Tales from the borderlands is next up now that its complete

ShaneB

Is Inside Out on the level of Up in tear-jerking?

I think the beginning of Up gets the most credit, after that it seemed like a fun romp with plenty of wackiness. Inside Out deals pretty much all throughout with the concept of our emotions.

Nice, I've never heard of it. I'll have to look it up

If you do let me know what you think. I was always happy to see how much everyone else enjoyed it after I recommended it so much.

Socreges

Banned
The fuckin' story in that game is hot trash, even by Metal Gear standards.

Systems and mechanics are all super great tho.
I've always hated the stories in MGS games. Yet the gameplay has always been so fun that it's remained one of my favourite series. With MGSV the systems and mechanics, as you say, are all so extremely good that it's easy for me to forgive the story. Especially given how many hours of gameplay there are this time in proportion to cut scenes which have been much, much less intrusive.

That said, I don't think I'm even half-way through. Maybe the story begins to compromise the game more generally, I dunno.

If you do let me know what you think. I was always happy to see how much everyone else enjoyed it after I recommended it so much.

Definitely. I'm only a little bit through the current book I'm reading, maybe this will light a fire under my ass to stop procrastinating reading

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Sammy, if some of the developments in LiS dont hit you you're heartless. HEARTLESS.

ShaneB

Definitely. I'm only a little bit through the current book I'm reading, maybe this will light a fire under my ass to stop procrastinating reading

Whereas my reading has completely stalled for a while now. Just been distracted with a lot of stuff, and never really sure what I'm in the mood to read.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Watched Inside Out last night and really loved it.
I cried.... a lot.
I'm a massive Pixar fan boy, Wall E is one of my all time favourite movies, but I just didn't feel Inside Out. I'm disappointed because the reviews were incredible and every one loved it. Maybe my expectations were too high, I'm know I'm pretty much the only person who didn't love it.

I did enjoy the hockey references though.

Pikma

Banned
McKenzie will be out for the next 2-3 weeks, Ruff hasn't confirmed it yet but it seems to be a hip issue.

Also, Niemi will start again tonight, yay!

zroid

Banned
I'm a massive Pixar fan boy, Wall E is one of my all time favourite movies, but I just didn't feel Inside Out. I'm disappointed because the reviews were incredible and every one loved it. Maybe my expectations were too high, I'm know I'm pretty much the only person who didn't love it.

I feel you. At a few times I thought there were elements that wore out their welcome somewhat. Overall though the positives easily outweighed the negatives for me.

As Pixar films go,I think The Good Dinosaur will be weaker than Brave.

It was in Development Hell for a few months and supposedly they got rid of most of the original cast. But who knows? It might be good.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I feel you. At a few times I thought there were elements that wore out their welcome somewhat. Overall though the positives easily outweighed the negatives for me.
Yea, I still enjoyed it, but I didn't love it like I do most Pixar movies. Lewis Black as Anger was probably my favourite part.

By the time I got to Africa in MGSV, I lost all motivation to play.
MGSV has definite pacing problems even with the gameplay, however I thought it paid of gloriously by the end. There are certain things that happent hat just make the game exciting again, like gunsmith unlock, and certain fulton upgrades
cargo, wormhole

iLLmAtlc

Mgsv was a blast to play but the story left a really bitter taste in my mouth. even most of the story missions don't advance the narrative. Go destroy the communication, eliminate the commander, etc.

Mgs4 felt more like a franchise send off than V.

Also even the gameplay had some problems imo. There's way too much traversing in empty space, made the open world feel so pointless. Maybe it would have better to make several camp omega sized regions instead.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Ducks vs Preds tonight. I feel sorry for Nashville, really. They're hitting us during our longest and most dominant winning streak of the season.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

Girardi's contract is definitely terrible due to its term, and if you want to see the downside of what Girardi brings to the table on the ice, I recommend that you go look at the overtime period of Game 1 of the 2014 Stanley Cup Final.
grumble grumble

BUT this is one of those areas where analytics have a bit of a blind spot because there's a reason why Dan Girardi spends most of his time on the top pairing in what is considered one of the best defensive corps in the league. I imagine Evgeni Malkin or Alexander Ovechkin would have a very different assessment of what facing Dan Girardi in the playoffs is like, for example.

My new rule of thumb - only see Pixar movies when in the company of a lady

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of that Rangers defense, here are there warmup jerseys for tonight.

Jbkg0TZ.jpg

Apparently these are getting signed and auctioned off after the game.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I just...

"We agree with the call on the ice"

Then the video says that it wasn't charging.

THE CALL ON THE ICE WAS CHARGING!!

WTF MAN

I'm the biggest apologist there is when it comes to suspensions for these sorts of things. And I'm going to look like a homer on this...

But this just seems out of line with past practice. I've certainly seen worse hits than what Rinaldo did, but they almost always earn a suspension. And I'm not crazy about the repeat offender policy as I think it often unnecessarily colors decisions, but it IS past practice and Rinaldo's been dinged before.

EDIT: Same thing for whether the guy gets injured. I don't think an injury makes a hit any better or worse, but Couts is out with a concussion now and they've always mentioned that stuff in the past.

Top Bottom