• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Stanley Cup Final |OT| Beat LA

Status
Not open for further replies.
fuck-this-and-this.gif

Stats guys will tell you that clutch play is a myth, but I think Justin Williams really challenges that notion. His clutchness has to be statistically significant at this point.

I'm pretty convinced the majority of this crowd has no idea what's going on half the time, lol.

Also, I hate to be a pessimist, but I really don't see us winning this. I've been wrong many times this season though, so maybe we'll get lucky and I'll be wrong again!

I've basically accepted defeat, any win is kind of a treat.
As opposed to the arena full of Very Educated Hockey Fans in NY.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Nothing Hank could do there. Kings with too much possession, pretty much controlling play so far.

Rangers need to get a couple of shifts in the Kings' zone or this is going to be over fast.

EDIT: There we go. That shift was what we needed.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
St. Louis totally played into that draw.

Stats guys will tell you that clutch play is a myth, but I think Justin Williams really challenges that notion. His clutchness has to be statistically significant at this point.
He already is tied for all time goals in game 7's, and some other ridiculous stat. He's a "clutch player" personified.

Stasis

As opposed to the arena full of Very Educated Hockey Fans in NY.

Awwww.

Just an observation when compared to many other hockey arenas I'm familiar with. It's OK, I'm not questioning your right to a fan card. I'm just noticing something pretty apparent. I don't notice it as much in NYC, nowhere near the same. Certainly the demographic has changed over the years though. It's not what it was. Maybe one day it'll be like this!

Awwww.

Just an observation when compared to many other hockey arenas I'm familiar with. It's OK, I'm not questioning your right to a fan card. I'm just noticing something pretty apparent. I don't notice it as much in NYC, nowhere near the same. Certainly the demographic has changed over the years though. It's not what it was. Maybe one day it'll be like this!
I think it's just a tad of confirmation bias, especially if you spend time perusing this thread.

Clydefrog

FUCK!

I was almost home and I heard the Williams goal on the radio. So excited, I jumped out of my car, grabbed the 12-pack of Stone IPA I just bought and started running to my door.

Well, one of the handles on the box broke and my beer went flying into the concrete. I screamed and was carrying the broken box in my arms, beer pouring out. In the end, I only lost three bottles though.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN

FUCK!

I was almost home and I heard the Williams goal on the radio. So excited, I jumped out of my car, grabbed the 12-pack of Stone IPA I just bought and started running to my door.

Well, one of the handles on the box broke and my beer went flying into the concrete. I screamed and was carrying the broken box in my arms, beer pouring out. In the end, I only lost three bottles though.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN

AonG7xW.gif

Quick

Banned
FUCK!

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN

Three-game losing streak for the Kings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom