• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2008 Olympics Thread - 1936, the Remix

Status
Not open for further replies.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Anybody who watches the CBC finds Raj Binder's Beijing 2008 feature extremely annoying and insulting ? This is his picture for those CBC watchers who don't know whom I'm talking about. I hate his feature on Beijing and China in general so much it's not even funny. He just seems like such a slimy guy.
rajbinder.png

The M.O.B

Apparently NBC is taking off all highlights vids of Team Usa basketball, anybody got a link where I can see the highlights of their game vs Australia since I didn't get a chance to see it.

BigJonsson said:
Uhh theres some other thing on that site with audio that I cant seem to shut off, an ad maybe?
no idea, i don't even see any ads... then again i use adblock plus.

edit: yeah, with adblock plus off, there's some random woman talking too... crazy

edit2: oh wow, it audio from the jace hall show? wtf? i remember this ep with christina milian...

*turns adblock plus on again*

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
shas'la said:
I thought your comment was a joke?! but im not allowed to make one!? boo-urns

jokes are definitely cool, but let's not pretend like this husein guy is the second coming of tiger woods when it comes to his abilities....

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
BigJonsson said:
lol @ CBC playing the 150M race between Bailey and Johnson

That shut him up good for a while
Bailey > Johnson :lol

But to put everything in perspective...

Bolt >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bailey > Johnson

:lol :lol :lol

Wallach

This Taekwondo match between NZL and CIV (57kg women's) is one of the worst ever. The score at one point was 0 to -1. R3 just ended and it's 0-0 still. Just awful.

Ripclawe

Banned
Pictured: The moment British Olympic swimmers confronted German rival over her 'dirty tricks'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ers-confronted-German-rival-dirty-tricks.html

Britain's athletes won four medals yesterday, but another round of magnificent performances was tainted by a bitter war of words.

Cassie Patten missed out on gold in the 10,000m open-water marathon by just three seconds after two hours in the water.

After collecting her bronze medal, she accused a German rival of pulling her legs near the end of the competition, costing her vital seconds.

The 21-year-old Briton claimed she was held back by German Angela Maurer, who finished fourth, and after the race she angrily pointed a finger in her face.

'I had my legs pulled,' said Patten, from Stockport. 'It's unsportsmanlike.'

But referring to her bronze, she added: 'At the end of the day, I've got one of these and she hasn't, so that's enough. I don't want to say any more because I don't want to start an intra-country war.'

Row: Cassie Patten (right) accused German Angela Maurer (left) of pulling her leg at the end of the race, ruining Britain's chance of a 17th gold
article-1046580-0259D5AF00000578-370_468x286.jpg

Angry: Patten jabs her finger at Maurer as she makes her point about the race
article-1046580-0259AA3B00000578-183_468x286.jpg

At first I figured it was the gold medallers of those events, but that German got bronze.
And they aren't doing Nastia's gold medal floor routine, rather her silver medal beam routine.

Ceres

Banned
SnowWolf said:
Is there an online stream of the beach volleyball bronze medal match anywhere? I need to watch me some Xue Chen. I can't connect to TvAnts for some reason.

It's almost over.
China should win this

Edit: NM. It is. "live" results were a few minutes behind.

Ripclawe said:
Pictured: The moment British Olympic swimmers confronted German rival over her 'dirty tricks'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ers-confronted-German-rival-dirty-tricks.html

Row: Cassie Patten (right) accused German Angela Maurer (left) of pulling her leg at the end of the race, ruining Britain's chance of a 17th gold
article-1046580-0259D5AF00000578-370_468x286.jpg

Angry: Patten jabs her finger at Maurer as she makes her point about the race
article-1046580-0259AA3B00000578-183_468x286.jpg
I dunno. I saw the end of that race and they had an overhead shot for the finish. The Russian girl who beat the two Brits blew past them. I didn't see the German grabbing at the Brits' feet, but who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom