• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2008 Olympics Thread - 1936, the Remix

Status
Not open for further replies.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
CharlieDigital said:
Are you serious? You know that they've had their best spells when Kidd was in there managing the game, right?

They built their leads in the first 5 minutes of the first quarter and the first 5 minutes of the third; coincidentally, the same span that Kidd was playing.

He's not going to drop 20 on ya, but he keeps the offense flowing smoothly and doesn't dominate the ball like the other Team USA PGs.

Jason Kidd is nothing more than the Kerry Collins of NBA PGs. When he's on he's nothing more than a glorified game manager, when he's off... you get ready to pack bags.

I hope this game is proving to Hunter D that being over 6'8 doesn't mean shit when it comes to playing tough and getting rebounds.

DY_nasty said:
Jason Kidd is nothing more than the Kerry Collins of NBA PGs. When he's on he's nothing more than a glorified game manager, when he's off... you get ready to pack bags.

You guys seriously underestimate the impact that Kidd has on the game in terms of defense, keeping everybody's head in the game (he was the first to shove Melo after he got in Noci's face), and moving the ball.

deepbrown

Aw. Brit girl fell off her BMX...she could've won :(

Thank you Australia for taking the pole vaulting gold from Russia...without you Russia would be on top of us on the table :D

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Christ, I'm glad I have the score open in another window, because going by the comments here you'd think the US was down by 20, not up by 14 or so and increasing their lead since the half...

I support the Carmelo hate, though, I can't stand that guy.

linsivvi

DY_nasty said:
Nocioni has been one of the dirtiest players in the league since he came over here. People who say he just plays "hard-nosed defense" need to actually pay attention to him. He's like a stronger Bruce Bowen.

Killing 2 birds with 1 stone. :lol

Branduil

CharlieDigital said:
You guys seriously underestimate the impact that Kidd has on the game in terms of defense, keeping everybody's head in the game (he was the first to shove Melo after he got in Noci's face), and moving the ball.
Ignore them, they're a bunch of moronic Lakers fans. They think the only way to impact the game is to score points.

jobber said:
2zghv6b.jpg

Brother and Sister?

4uawic.jpg

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
I never knew the nbc.com feeds of basketball didn't have any commentators. I'm in heaven. :lol

Man the Rockets are going to be a fucking annoyance next year eh? Scola, Artest, and Battier not to mention Rafer running his mouth and T-Mac occasionally being healthy. Oh did I mention Yao?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom