• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2008 Olympics Thread - 1936, the Remix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dark FaZe said:
Man the Rockets are going to be a fucking annoyance next year eh? Scola, Artest, and Battier not to mention Rafer running his mouth and T-Mac occasionally being healthy. Oh did I mention Yao?

It all amounts to a first round exit.

It's funny, a 20 point win is a "Whoa, we got lucky there" with Team USA. You fucking arrogant Americans.

Anyway, with the level of international play today vs. the average margin of victory, I'd say this team is the greatest US basketball team we've ever had. However, that would all change if they lose to Spain Sunday. Stranger things have happened.

vas_a_morir said:
It's funny, a 20 point win is a "Whoa, we got lucky there" with Team USA. You fucking arrogant Americans.

Anyway, with the level of international play today vs. the average margin of victory, I'd say this team is the greatest US basketball team we've ever had. However, that would all change if they lose to Spain Sunday. Stranger things have happened.

if they lose to spain i'd be amused and frightened for our players' lives

Jeff-DSA

vas_a_morir said:

You sir, are insane. The original Dream Team was much better.

Worst game by the Redeem Team and they still scored 100 and win by 20. That sounds good. They got complacent after that brilliant start.

Now on to Spain, i hope they don't fall in love with the 3 again.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
vas_a_morir said:

Can't agree with you today, my friend.

Their level of competition does not impact the relative talent of the team itself. Maybe the 2008 team's victories are more impressive than the Dream Team's accomplishments because of the level of their competition, but there's no way that the 2008 team tops the Dream Team. No way.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Pachael said:
OH YEAH HOOKER WINS PARADISE CONFIRMED

(Good thing Ch. 7's behind!)

I wish to paint a picture.

There I am, out on the town, at a pub crawl, its the last venue of the night, the few of us that are left are hanging around the front bar. Turning our attention to the television, where Steve cameron ling Hooker is lining up for his last attempt at 5.85m, dragging himself even with Russias Evgeny Lukyanenko. Then the mood were set, the entire crowd (around 20 - 30 of us) watching the television, no sound, just the music of the jukebox going around, words of wisdom "Hookers gotten around 6m this year!" spread theirselves around.. first jump from Evgeny Lukyanenko comes along... it's a miss! Hooker jumps.. it's a miss. the crowd starts to question his chances, if he doesnt get it... its silver... and everyone knows losing starts with silver. Lukyanenko jumps again... a miss... Hooker... a miss.... Lukyanenko... a miss... we're all expecting Hooker to miss... Channel Seven cuts to a commercial... then something magical happens... the juke box goes to the next song...

About the long forgotten dockside guarantees
How there were no V-dayheroes in 1973
How we sailed into Sydney Harbour
Saw an old friend but couldn't kiss her
She was lined, and I was home to the lucky land

And she was like so many more from that time on
Their lives were all so empty, till they found their chosen one
And their legs were often open
But their minds were always closed
And their hearts were held in fast suburban chains
And the legal pads were yellow, hours long, paypacket lean
And the telex writers clattered where the gunships once had been
But the car parks made me jumpy
And I never stopped the dreams
Or the growing need for speed and novacaine

So I worked across the country end to end
Tried to find a place to settle down, where my mixed up life could mend
Held a job on an oil-rig
Flying choppers when I could
But the nightlife nearly drove me round the bend

And I've travelled round the world from year to year
And each one found me aimless, one more year the more for wear
And I've been back to South East Asia
But the answer sure ain't there
But I'm drifting north, to check things out again

Hooker is lining up...

You know the last plane out of Sydney's almost gone
Only seven flying hours, and I'll be landing in Hong Kong
There ain't nothing like the kisses
From a jaded Chinese princess
I'm gonna hit some Hong Kong mattress all night long

Everyone begins singing... Hookers running... he jumps..... everyone goes silent... he MAKES IT. everyone goes nuts!

moment of the olympics right there... :( worst post ever... but it was so amazing.. from a nation that does not get many track and field medals, it's been a great olympics.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Branduil said:
I can't believe they're getting rid of baseball and softball but keeping a joke sport like rhythmic gymnastics.

One of the few Olympic sports I can't really stand to watch. Same as ice dancing in the Winter Olympics for me.

Jeff-DSA said:
It looks stupid, but I guarantee you it's much harder than you realize. It's exhausting. Stupid yes, but definitely a true display of real athleticism.

I watched the 50k race yesterday. Pretty riveting, actually :lol and unexpectedly so.

The competitors are fucking hardcore when it comes to endurance. Hard-fucking-core.

It's made all the more difficult by the fact that they have to maintain form throughout the duration of the race. You could just see the crazy strain on some of the competitors towards the end. A good handful didn't even finish by their own will (they quit) with one French dude :lol hopping over the fence around the 40k mark.

Shadow780

Found another cute Taekwondo chick, commence fapping if you like her~:D

65153_142x190.jpg

Zubcic_martina_210308_316.jpg

Branduil said:
I can't believe they're getting rid of baseball and softball but keeping a joke sport like rhythmic gymnastics.

Big-E said:
Don' forget BMX.

Wow... my coworkers were talking about this at lunch and that is almost exactly what they said. They complained about those two sports being in the Olympics when we're getting ready of softball and baseball. De ja vu all over again...

Ela Hadrun

Probably plays more games than you
Rhythmic gymnastics is my favorite! Baseball is probably the most boring sport ever invented. YAWN.

Dancing with pretty ribbons ftw. You people are the ones who wouldn't play FFX-2, weren't you?

Nolan.

Ela Hadrun said:
Rhythmic gymnastics is my favorite! Baseball is probably the most boring sport ever invented. YAWN.

Dancing with pretty ribbons ftw. You people are the ones who wouldn't play FFX-2, weren't you?

Rhythmic isn't too bad but it is boring though, I think they should bring back the three legged race! :O .

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
I just saw the second round qualifying matches of Rhythmic Gymnastics, it was SO AWESOME.

Fuck NBC for dedicating 20 minutes of time for this sport.

Branduil said:

Of course, it is natural you hate Rhythmic Gymnastics, you want to watch sweaty men than watch beautiful elegant girls.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
The Faceless Master said:
The reactions to this are making me really hate this web filter. :*(
Hcoregamer00 said:
I just saw the second round qualifying matches of Rhythmic Gymnastics, it was SO AWESOME.

Fuck NBC for dedicating 20 minutes of time for this sport.

Of course, it is natural you hate Rhythmic Gymnastics, you want to watch a real sport than watch stupid artsy bullcrap.
:D

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
Has anyone come across the splits for the 4x100m men's relay?

Would love to know how fast Powell ran because he was fucking flying...much faster than he managed in the 100m final. Also seems like a really nice guy in his interview.

Kikujiro

MrSardonic said:
Has anyone come across the splits for the 4x100m men's relay?

Would love to know how fast Powell ran because he was fucking flying...much faster than he managed in the 100m final. Also seems like a really nice guy in his interview.

It's really a waste that he always fails in the finals. He should take Bolt as his psychiatrist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom