• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2008 Olympics Thread - 1936, the Remix

Status
Not open for further replies.

neoanarch

AstroLad said:
argentina-nigeria futbol. don't ask me why nbc is showing cuba-china vball instead. watching spanish channel.

its cool telemundo is showing it and you can watch it with the amazing Spanish commentators. Even if you don't understand them the commentary is still ten times better than whatever NBC would have.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
AstroLad said:
looked like she was going to have a seizure

wtf happened?

edit: Medal Ceremony for soccer on the soccer channel

why are these 2 commentators yapping over it?

Wes

venison crêpe
Absolute bullshit in the taekwondo. The British girl cleary hit the Chinese in the head but she didn't get the points for it and the Chinese girl won.

Bloody outrageous!

jobber

Wes said:
Absolute bullshit in the taekwondo. The British girl cleary hit the Chinese in the head but she didn't get the points for it and the Chinese girl won.

Bloody outrageous!

:lol I saw that. She got rocked. She's going to lose to the Mexican chick next round anyway.

Peru

GOLD, bitches!
front-54-image-528898.jpeg

Pure murder. 34-27 even with TWO players sent out the last three minutes! Handball: most underrated sport of the tourney. A consistently tense, nervous energy similar to basketball.

Ash_69

Drama in the Taekwondo. Justice has been done and the decision in the GB vs China match up has been reversed.

It's crazy that the olympics brings together the worlds best athletes yet in this event seem to have the worlds worst officials. That chinese girl literally got rocked with a heel to the face. :lol

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
:lol I didnt realise the chinese girl was a bloody national hero...no wonder they haven't repeated the announcement in mandarin.

edit: Now they've been told, :lol

Peru

While Stevenson is out our Norwegian lass Solheim is through to the finals. This could (should) be our best day yet, what with one gold down, gold possibilities in taekwondo, in javelin throw AND in canoe.

nny

Well, the medal ceremony for the 4x100m women is happening now, and I'm happy every time Russia is on the 1st place so that I can hear this amazing anthem. If there's anyone from Russia here, I want to let you know that your anthem kicks ass. Beautiful.

OpinionatedCyborg said:
Taekwondo's reffing has been all over the place. I don't think it's necessarily favouritism; I think it's incompetence.

I was watching some matches the other day and the point attribution seemed so random..it might be just my lack of knowledge of the sport, but they really should come up with a different way to judge these fights. Sensitive pads, something.

jobber

what the fuck did Cuba do to piss off the judges?

# But striking officials turned that sympathy into something else
# Interestingly Matos had the sympathy of the crowd when the decision to dq him was made
# It is important for us to remember that we cannot always help what happens to us, but we can ALWAYS control how we respond
# That is a heavy price to pay for a momentary outburst
# Sanctions are levied against CUB - permanent exclusion of coach and Matos from all wtf events and all of his records from the Beijing Games are being deleted
# It appears we're going to get some clarity

wtf

Nolan.

Wow I think Britain made a mistake with their line up the americans are going to win this.

Richards got it right this time!.

Nolan.

I think it's amazing how right Michael Johnson is consistently. He said it was a mistake to make the 400m champion start the first leg because it gives the other teams something to chase early. Great race though I thought the russian was going to take it, but Sanya really fought hard this time.

Everytime I watch boxing here it just annoys me. This cuban guy has thrown so many punches that have landed and still got about 2 points for them...

Also why are boxers allowed to waste time by hugging the opponent?

pollo

Banned
:lol mlb heads: you all should be watching the Cuba-Korea game right now.

It's awesome. Cuba has paid off the home plate ump. I hate Korea, so this is awesome.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
pollo said:
:lol mlb heads: you all should be watching the Cuba-Korea game right now.

It's awesome. Cuba has paid off the home plate ump. I hate Korea, so this is awesome.

That catcher was pissed.

jobber

Becky Hammon got her medal

screw Team USA and their retarded player selection. Candice Parker over Hammon? Come on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom