• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2008 Olympics Thread - 1936, the Remix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forsete

SnowWolf said:
Did anybody catch the Cuban TKD fighter who got pissed off for being DQed and kicked the ref in the face? :lol

Waiting for the NBC replay, that's gold.

Nope, but I got to see the pictures. :lol

oah2.jpg

oah1.jpg

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
GOLD TO AUSTRALIA! in the 10m diving! and with another gold to come against the USA it's going to be a big 24 hours.

deepbrown

Wow Matthew Mitcham gets gold for Oz in diving, betaing out the Chinese. Amazing dive me boyo!

Tis amazing cause he kind of quit a year or so back..and is now the first out gay Aussie to compete at the Olympics. And he smashed it.

X26

Banned
what? :lol

crazy cuban, wouldn't that be an automatic lifetime ban? I've seen some TKD these last few days and I can't say I blame him, worst officiating I have ever seen

Pachael

Syth_Blade22 said:
GOLD TO AUSTRALIA! in the 10m diving! and with another gold to come against the USA it's going to be a big 24 hours.

Well my jaw dropped when I saw that last dive. Un freaking believable freaking !@#%

Firstly, that gold denies the Chinese of their clean sweep.
Secondly, I read an article the other day about how he wanted to be known for his diving rather than the gay icon bit.

Well, he has it now. He'll be known as Olympic diving champion :)

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
nny said:
F yeah Brazil, Gold in women's volley! \o/ Let's see how the men's final goes.

oh wtf NBC
According to NBC this was suppose to take place "LIVE" later today

Instead of showing it live we get the fucking Today show. On USA, the baseball game was on then showing water polo on tape delay. MSNBC and CNBC = nothing. Plus they blocked the feed online.
As much praise the NBC online feeds gets, we get screwed out of the good shit.
Coverage = F-

deepbrown

Pachael said:
Well my jaw dropped when I saw that last dive. Un freaking believable freaking !@#%

Firstly, that gold denies the Chinese of their clean sweep.
Secondly, I read an article the other day about how he wanted to be known for his diving rather than the gay icon bit.

Well, he has it now. He'll be known as Olympic diving champion :)
Diving Icon.

Aussie Icon.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Lisa Leslie bringing her other gold medals so she can wear them all at the ceremony. Our basketball teams are cocky as hell.

nny

jobber said:
oh wtf NBC
According to NBC this was suppose to take place "LIVE" later today

Instead of showing it live we get the fucking Today show. On USA, the baseball game was on then showing water polo on tape delay. MSNBC and CNBC = nothing. Plus they blocked the feed online.
As much praise the NBC online feeds gets, we get screwed out of the good shit.
Coverage = F-

That sucks; right now the women's final in basketball is in progress, but I bet they're showing it there )

And now that you mention it, I don't think they showed a single baseball game here in Europe, I'd like to have seen some.

Ela Hadrun

Probably plays more games than you
As far as the shitty judging goes, weren't they talking about that during the gymnastics? Where you aren't allowed to judge if your country is competing, so you get judges from countries that don't have top caliber programs? Maybe that rule is just for gymnastics.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
jobber said:
Lisa Leslie bringing her other gold medals so she can wear them all at the ceremony. Our basketball teams are cocky as hell.

Give them one chance to shine. Post-Olympics, they have to return to a league that nobody in the world cares about.

jobber said:
I hope Australia beats Team USA

jobber said:

Why so bitter?

Argentina still has a chance to win the LeBronze.

They just have to go through Kleiza again to get it.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Shadow780 said:
:lol :lol :lol

xf0s9x.jpg

The NBC replay of the entire match is online now. It's funny that after the ref DQed the Cuban, the ref just stood there while the Cuban fighter and his coach paced around the ref and yelled at him for about a minute. The second the ref raised his hands to declare Kazakhstan the winner, the Cuban went crazy and kicked him in the head.

Pachael

7 minutes, 75-56 US. I think I can't take much of the poor shooting on our part - good try girls but you've been beaten by a far better shooting team tonight. I think we've tried too many hopeful long bombs, which only is of use if they go in.

Pachael

deepbrown said:
Damn. Russia suddenly have 21 golds. Where did they come from? GB has 19 golds now due to a win in the boxing :D

Russia won 4 gold today
- Men's Heavy (91kg)
- Rhytmic Gymnastics Individual All Around
- Synchronised Swimming Team
- Kayaking Canoe Single C1 500m

US women pulling away again - congrats on the win, it's 4 in a row!

Nolan.

Deserved win for the usa. Win by 92-65. Plus around 3 players 2 from the aussies were fouled out, thats surprising to me considering how good these teams are.

Jake.

opals got stomped in the second half, i was pretty gutted :lol. it had to have been one of the lowest scoring percentages vs shots thrown by them in years. so many misses.

edit: we won in diving!? any youtube? i missed that shit totally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom