• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Formula One 2010 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pimpwerx

What's the odds of rain for the race now? It's been dry for three sessions now. If it's a dry race, my bets have to change. If it rains, STR will score. If it's dry, I'm pretty sure they have no f-ing chance. PEACE.

Pimpwerx

Whatever he does in the S3, Lewis is putting the power down on the straight than anyone else. His trap speeds are insane. Wet or dry, he is going to be passing people tomorrow. Hopefully he's sitting on pole, though. PEACE.

EDIT: Hmm, trap speeds not as big as yesterday. Jenson's liking his car more today, which is good. But goddamn Lewis is putting on a clinic right now. Who's dumb enough not to pick him for pole?

Pimpwerx

I'm just wondering now why it took the FIA two or three years to make that ruling on the mirrors. This was brought up the first time a team introduced them, and for the same complaint on visibility. I hope it's more an issue of Todt taking over and being more strict than just the FIA being flakey. PEACE.

AcridMeat

Banned
So much for rain huh?

edit: What just happened to Rosberg?

edit edit: Crap, do I say Sutil gets to Q3? I have had him as yes fairly certainly, now I'm not so sure.

Pimpwerx

I'm betting and hoping for a dry race. Only bet I'm not sure on is STR scoring. It's up to attrition. In a dry race, they just might score. Otherwise, I think I have it pegged. PEACE.

Pimpwerx said:
OK, Vettel pole. They're sandbagging S3. I'm convinced. PEACE.
Gotta be. Suddenly they find pace? No way. Schumi looking good brings a smile. And Lewis's consistency in the three practices implies good things come race time.

Ok, now to wait for qualifying. Still don't know what to think of STR. They seem to be catching up to Force India, the only team I seem able to afford. lol.

TylerD

Reliability seems to be improved across the board this weekend. It is really tough not to pick Total because as soon as WEB and VET decide to finish very strong in a race you are going to get huge points from them, Renault and Force India combined.

TylerD said:
Reliability seems to be improved across the board this weekend. It is really tough not to pick Total because as soon as WEB and VET decide to finish very strong in a race you are going to get huge points from them, Renault and Force India combined.
Definitely agreed. Given my budget, I'm still forsaking drivers for Total and Force India. I like Renault because of Kubica, but Petrov is still an unknown quantity. Please, oh please, just finish a race already.

TylerD

RdN said:
Man, gonna be hard to stay awake until 4am.. bt I really want to see this classification.

Quali is at 3 for me but it will be easy. I was on-call this week and was going to bed at 7-8 AM and getting up at 2 PM all week. My internal clock is set to vampire right now.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
If there's going to be any rain, it won't be till late afternoon usually. Qualis should be over before it rains, and it might happen mid-race tomorrow. Just recall back to how it was last year.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
RBR could snap first two places with ease.
Mclaren not the fastest on speedtrap in FP3, so they could be testing something for Q3 run.

Oh, storms are brewing around 50 km from the racetrack :)

RdN

TylerD said:
Quali is at 3 for me but it will be easy. I was on-call this week and was going to bed at 7-8 AM and getting up at 2 PM all week. My internal clock is set to vampire right now.

Yeah, I guess I'll have to turn on the zombie mode. :lol

jey_16

Banned
really tough choices....ended up going with Buemi/Chandhok/Force India/Force India/Mobil 1

for the bets....just went with Vettel/Hamilton/Alonso podium and Vettel for pole

Frawdder

Being a very indecisive person is not a good thing at this time, I wasn't sure of my team and bets in the first two races and now I'm no where near confident :( . Getting one of the placing bets right would be nice for once.

Can't wait for qualifying and the race.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Frawdder said:
Being a very indecisive person is not a good thing at this time, I wasn't sure of my team and bets in the first two races and now I'm no where near confident :( . Getting one of the placing bets right would be nice for once.

Can't wait for qualifying and the race.

Can't make up mind for my team choices. The odds of it actually going to rain are high for qualifying so it could f*ck up all my bets.

Frawdder

navanman said:
Can't make up mind for my team choices. The odds of it actually going to rain are high for qualifying so it could f*ck up all my bets.
Oh, don't get me started on team choices :D

I can guarantee at least once during qualy and once or twice during the race I will yell at the TV "Bah! I knew I should have chosen [car that is doing well and I could've afforded!]"

Dead Man

Frawdder said:
Oh, don't get me started on team choices :D

I can guarantee at least once during qualy and once or twice during the race I will yell at the TV "Bah! I knew I should have chosen [car that is doing well and I could've afforded!]"
LOL, same!

Aegus

Team for me is: Senna, Karun, RBR, Hisp, Total.

My plan was for Lotus instead of Hisp, but since the prize was only 3 mill it made a mess of that idea!

Pimpwerx

I'm going with this:

Sutil Chandhok FI-bitches FI-bitches Total

Fuel - Starting with that since it seems a no-brainer. Earns as many points any any chassis or engine or driver you can think of, and that's with shitty RBR reliability. RBR seems better this weekend already. If it rains, both Webbo and Vettel go well in the wet. Sutil is usually good in the wet, and Liuzzi has been as consistent this season as he was before. Can't do too bad. Renault has Kubica who's good in conditions and doing well in the dry as well. Petrov is trash. His awfulness dictated pretty much all my decisions.

Chassis/Engine - Force India Bitches! Been pimpin' them since the beginning (just overestimated the importance of drivers in round1), and will continue doing so. STR and Renault seem close, but the extra cost of going with one or two Renaults in the chassis/engine department sacrifices too much money for too many points different. Short of Force India sucking hard this weekend, Renault is not worth the extra cost. Put that money into drivers.

Drivers - Sutil is a faster driver than Liuzzi, but I've stuck with Liuzzi thus far because he was in my price range, and Sutil is prone to inconsistent finishes. He's quick, but flakey. But this weekend, he's been consistently ahead of Liuzzi, and he is also experienced here. That and he must be feeling some pressure to do well. Add rain into the equation, and I tip Sutil of the two FI drivers. It helps that Liuzzi is just out of my price range with my chassis and fuel selections. I went with Chandhok for two reasons. One, he's the only one I can afford after the rest of my choices, and IMO, he's better than Senna. Ayrton is rolling in his grave hearing that, but it's the fucking truth. Senna is garbage.

Now there was also the option of going with Renaults for chassis/engine and hoping Petrov and Kubica can both point. But I'm skeptical of Petrov, which means that FI's tandem stands a better chance of finishing higher and closer. They may score fewer points than Renault, but I wager only 20 or so. The money saved will get you Total fuel, who are gonna be the defacto choice, especially once RBR gets reliable. Seriously, for $20M, you can't get that level of point production from any other category. They'll need to balance this out eventually. FI/Ren/RBR are just too strong a trio. Fuel should have been split up ala engine and chassis, but I like that it makes my selections easier all the same.

Going Ren for chass/eng leaves you only the HRT drivers (assuming you aren't too poor). That's a tough gamble, unless there's tons of attrition. Going with Ren/FI for chass/eng is a nice way to hedge bets, but if you want to win in these fantasy leagues, you need to take a chance. I'm doubling down on FI for the second week in a row. I bet the points differential I get from a miraculous Sutil performance will vault me to the top of the GAF league. That or kill me horribly. But I'm betting Sutil and Chandhok scores better than my original pick of Kovalainen and Trulli. Lotus is just so fucking slow they bleed points in qualies, and the duo would be lucky to tally 150 points together. OTOH, I'm hoping Sutil qualies and finishes in the Top10. If it rains, it's almost a certainty. I'm gonna win this fucking league or fall flat on my face. :D PEACE.

Pimpwerx

And I'm now feeling really damn good about my picks. I wonder if I should pick Vettel for pole though. He's insanely good in the wet. I have Hammy right now. PEACE.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
BBC saying the main guys could be in trouble as its raining heavy again as they are slower on wet track.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom