• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF The Last of Us Multiplayer Tournament

GGs Ravagers. We played like shit. We are all literally depressed. So salty, I don't even feel like complaining about having a job and having to organize our games :'(

But good games!

.....gg
giphy.gif

GQman2121

Banned
Good games guys. So sad to see people getting eliminated :(

We obviously deserve it. We're shit. I didn't think we would win this thing, but I didn't want to go out like that. Not Like That!

Anyway, good games and I hope to do something similar in the future. Cheers

Gaz_RB

TEAMS THAT NEED TO FIGURE OUT SCHEDULING:
CheeseGAF VS Shivver Me Timbers
Simply Surreal Modern Warfare VS The Comeback Kids
Macaroni Champions VS Hot Schadenfreude
CURRENT STANDINGS: http://challonge.com/TLOUGAF

We obviously deserve it. We're shit. I didn't think we would win this thing, but I didn't want to go out like that. Not Like That!

Anyway, good games and I hope to do something similar in the future. Cheers

Thanks for competing, I hope you had fun, and I hope you stay around and watch some other matches.

Gaz_RB

Guardians, you can still Guard my galaxy

Sangre Por Sangre... nicely done. Broadbandit it was cool seeing your reactions on the face cam haha

ZROCOOL

aka II VerTigo II
I'm gonna hold those "L's" tight for my birthday. But, I ain't even mad! It was fun and intense.

Thanks Gaz, and VisceralBowl for making this happen. And thanks to The Guardians for taking me in. <3

I've had fun thus far with the tournament. The Macaroni Champions picked up a victory last night. Certainly didn't want to go out 0-2.

In watching the streams, there are some great players participating. Looking forward to more.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Holy shit the fucking salt.

Yea, I know. This is getting a bit ridiculous. If it has to come down to it we should 3v3 it, cause I'm tired of holding up the whole losers bracket.

explain how thats salt? they were asking for morning/afternoon matches during the week, we unfortunately couldn't due to work.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
At the time my team was justifiably fed up after the consistent lack of communication, waiting for you guys to show up after the scheduled match time (once again it was already 12AM for Gav), and then having their performance in the match questioned after the DQ. That's why you got such a response from them.

Now that the dust has settled, I do believe that some of your points are relevant but you should have made them before the warning and the DQ (which I think you understand now).

when did i question your performance?

beta_fuse

Alright so it seems all of you who are waiting for Shivver Me Timbers VS. CheeseGAF won't have to wait much longer. It is now official that the game is scheduled for tomorrow at 6pm EST. I would also like to ask Bed Bricks and Beyond and Cincinnati One Hitters that, in the event that Shivver Me Timbers does advance and plays you in the next round, would it be possible those matches are done tomorrow night as well? Let me know if this is do-able for both teams.

Here is how it potentially would look like:

6pm EST: *Shivver Me Timbers VS. CheeseGAF

*7:30pm EST **Shivver Me Timbers VS. Bed Bricks and Beyond

**8:30-9pm EST Shivver Me Timbers VS. Cincinnati One Hitters

Asterix used to emphasize IF we (Shivver Me Timbers) win. Please Bed Brick and Cincinnati let me know that is alright with you if this scenario goes down. It would really speed things back up to where they should be. I may even go as far as to saying we can maybe get the Sangre Por Sangre match going if we get that far.

PS- In the even that we lose to CheeseGAF, the scheduling apocalypse may be nigh!
lol jk

Strider

I'll message the rest of BBB and see what the schedule looks like tomorrow night, but I think we'll be available around 9-11 eastern unless that's too late. One of our members lives on the west coast and doesnt get home from work until 8-9 Eastern on days he's not off.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Your fist post on the DLC and loadout point "advantage" seemed like it was aimed at us.

My point was that a rule like that would affect the game more than some ridiculous stream. I do understand the frustration with the lack of communication. I should've made it clear it was all to be directed at me, and like I sent you in the PM I was getting swamped early in the week with work. We were already running behind when we started up our match went to start the stream at the beginning to find it wasn't going to work. I'm over it now really, but to get told mid game your DQed that was frustrating. The pre-canned cop out response is always "your salty", but it had nothing to do with that.

MMaRsu

haha. CHEESEGAF NEEDS TO STEP UP AND FINISH SOME MATCHES HERE

Sorry bro's we have had a hard time scheduling the next match as 12pm is a little late for me during workdays.

I got a msg from Goathief that we are supposed to play Shiver me timbers tomorrow at 11pm gmt is that correct beta_fuse?

beta_fuse

Sorry bro's we have had a hard time scheduling the next match as 12pm is a little late for me during workdays.

I got a msg from Goathief that we are supposed to play Shiver me timbers tomorrow at 11pm gmt is that correct beta_fuse?

Indeed it is. 6 pm EST, 11PM gmt. Hope all goes well!

I'll message the rest of BBB and see what the schedule looks like tomorrow night, but I think we'll be available around 9-11 eastern unless that's too late. One of our members lives on the west coast and doesnt get home from work until 8-9 Eastern on days he's not off.

Alright cool, let us know what's the earliest possible for the west coaster because if we win against CheeseGAF and play you guys around 9 pm EST, it should still be early enough for the winner of that match to play Cincinnati right after.

Strider

Alright cool, let us know what's the earliest possible for the west coaster because if we win against CheeseGAF and play you guys around 9 pm EST, it should still be early enough for the winner of that match to play Cincinnati right after.

Actually i just spoke with him and he's working earlier shifts than normal this week so we could probably do it around 8 eastern. This should be good for the other 2 teammates but need to doublecheck with them. I'll post here once I know.

beta_fuse

Actually i just spoke with him and he's working earlier shifts than normal this week so we could probably do it around 8 eastern. This should be good for the other 2 teammates but need to doublecheck with them. I'll post here once I know.

The earlier everyone is available, the better. Doesn't mean we have to get teammates to rush home and jump online, but as long as we have a steady time frame, planning the matches will be easier and faster. Thanks everyone for the quick responses.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Any update on when SSMW vs. The Comeback Kids is going down? I know you guys are shivering with fear at the prospect of playing us in an elimination round, but don't let that hinder the scheduling process. :p

My point was that a rule like that would affect the game more than some ridiculous stream. I do understand the frustration with the lack of communication. I should've made it clear it was all to be directed at me, and like I sent you in the PM I was getting swamped early in the week with work. We were already running behind when we started up our match went to start the stream at the beginning to find it wasn't going to work. I'm over it now really, but to get told mid game your DQed that was frustrating. The pre-canned cop out response is always "your salty", but it had nothing to do with that.

Like I said earlier, I totally understand that the DQ had to be frustrating. But you entered the tournament fully knowing the rules set in place (they have been in the OP since day one), so why are you only complaining about them now, AFTER your elimination? Your timing (combined with the wording of you post) is why the "pre-canned" salty responses emerged. I don't know what else to say without going in even more circles.

Top Bottom