• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF The Last of Us Multiplayer Tournament

Gaz_RB

Any update on when SSMW vs. The Comeback Kids is going down? I know you guys are shivering with fear at the prospect of playing us in an elimination round, but don't let that hinder the scheduling process. :p

Yeah we're working on it. Should be either today or tomorrow.

Looking like Thursday night!

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Any update on when SSMW vs. The Comeback Kids is going down? I know you guys are shivering with fear at the prospect of playing us in an elimination round, but don't let that hinder the scheduling process. :p

Like I said earlier, I totally understand that the DQ had to be frustrating. But you entered the tournament fully knowing the rules set in place (they have been in the OP since day one), so why are you only complaining about them now, AFTER your elimination? Your timing (combined with the wording of you post) is why the "pre-canned" salty responses emerged. I don't know what else to say without going in even more circles.

That's why I took blame I didn't read enough into the rules. I knew the streaming rule, but I didn't expect my internet to have such trouble with the streaming. We were mid game at that point and we had already had trouble scheduling as it was. There was no way to get the stream going mid game at that point, the focus was too much on it. Again I take blame, I'm not talking in circles you're missing what I'm saying. The whole point of this though is that I wish I had been more vocal earlier on, would not have participated otherwise, maybe next time will be different.

That's why I took blame I didn't read enough into the rules. I knew the streaming rule, but I didn't expect my internet to have such trouble with the streaming. We were mid game at that point and we had already had trouble scheduling as it was. There was no way to get the stream going mid game at that point, the focus was too much on it. Again I take blame, I'm not talking in circles you're missing what I'm saying. The whole point of this though is that I wish I had been more vocal earlier on, would not have participated otherwise, maybe next time will be different.

You could had anybody from your team stream. Why didn't you just ask one of the other people to do it?

GoaThief

14th August

l2_Bh_Oo6s_FLmv_Dwg_Xoe376ro_N7_MLoac_CGWvyan35p_FJs.png

vs
Shivver_Me_Timbers.png

6pm EST / 11pm GMT

Will be streaming myself - http://www.twitch.tv/goathief

Cheers and sorry for the delay, hope the match is worth waiting for.

GoaThief

I'm pretty relaxed, don't know what I said to imply I wasn't. Anyways I look forward to our match:)!
Likewise, shame it's midweek as nobody has really been online since our previous encounter with Ravagers.

Oh to be a carefree irresponsible teen again for a couple of weeks. :-D

Moofers

Guys enough with the arguing over the DQ. It's done, let it go. There will be other tournaments! You're harshing my mellow over tomorrow night's Cheese-tastrophe!

If there's a team or teams willing to practice with the Best Friend's Club we'd be happy to help one another. After our butt whooping we'd love to have a mutually beneficial situation where we could help one another out to get better for upcoming matches.

What say ye?

My PSN is alpinestars1980. Hit me up.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
So why didn't you find out if you could stream or not beforehand, clearly your upload speed is no good. Why didn't anyone else from the team check or do it instead? Sometimes you gotta prepare for shit dude.

I told you this already and everyone else. I take blame for a lot of what went wrong, I just assumed something like that wouldn't be "required" or that if 1 person on the other team was streaming, that would be enough. I still don't agree with the rule though, it's a bizarre rule for a multitude of reasons.

gibration

Sent brickwalker0 and Church RvB from Macaroni Champions a pm earlier today but never received a reply. Hopefully we can get this thing done tomorrow.

Strider

So Bed Brick and Beyond isn't going to be able to play the winner of CheeseGAF and Shivver Me Timbers tonight.

We can play it Friday at 10-11 Eastern or Saturday. Whoever wins just contact me and we'll set up a time so we can play it in the next couple of days.

Moofers

Alright well Sangre Por Sangre can't play the winner of that until next week. BroadBandito is out this weekend, so we will need to hold up until Monday, I believe.

So Bed Brick and Beyond isn't going to be able to play the winner of CheeseGAF and Shivver Me Timbers tonight.

We can play it Friday at 10-11 Eastern or Saturday. Whoever wins just contact me and we'll set up a time so we can play it in the next couple of days.

The match will be done at like 6:45 EST brosssssssss, cmonnnnn do it ;)

Alright well Sangre Por Sangre can't play the winner of that until next week. BroadBandito is out this weekend, so we will need to hold up until Monday, I believe.

possibility of late Sunday too, I'll keep everyone updated

beta_fuse

Ok so Shivver Me Timbers has a non-GAF spare for this game. Everything seems to be in place for this match to actually be going dowwwwn. Pretty excited!

Also can someone please update our team banner to the new one I posted with our name on it? Thanks.

GoaThief

HD CheeseGAF match stream up:

Http://www.twitch.tv/goathief

We seem to have one no show however, and he's not responding to SMS either. Hope everything is OK there, but as we've heard nothing could/would anyone like to step in and rep the Cheese? Be most appreciated.

Worst comes to it we'll go with 3 as we're Beaufort like that.

Marvel

could never
Perfect we'll be ready in 10 mins. I'll host for supply raid and I guess you guys host for Survivors. Is that cool?
Cool with me my man.

Down a guy atm but if we can't get a sub I'm ok with playing 3 vs 4 though that crazy opinion is but my own lol

Moofers

Maybe postpone your game a bit and get your 4th? I'm sure somebody here will step in. Hell, I can in a couple hours if it's not against the rules since I'm already on team Sangre Por Sangre.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Maybe postpone your game a bit and get your 4th? I'm sure somebody here will step in. Hell, I can in a couple hours if it's not against the rules since I'm already on team Sangre Por Sangre.

I was going to ask this. Is it allowed to play as a sub if you're on a team that's been eliminated (or still in the tourny)?

Top Bottom