• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Nightz

What in the world just happened? I leave work and everything is all fine and dandy. I get home an hour later and there's chaos. =\

Fifty

Hey, it's OK. If two people find the trading to be too un-sim as to want to stay in the league, then that's why we have two people on the waiting list. Problem solved. There's no chaos. Everyone can go about your week and gameplan for stopping AP and Turner. I'll be out of your way and Rors/FMT/CB/DM can get the new guys introduced.

Rorschach

Like I said, I doubt even Daw would approve of those trades. I don't think FMT did either. I think Smokey was already denied a Turner trade earlier?

daw840

Rorschach said:
Like I said, I doubt even Daw would approve of those trades. I don't think FMT did either. I think Smokey was already denied a Turner trade earlier?

Why the hell wouldn't I approve this? I will have two first rounders (one of which will probably be the first pick) plus Sproles, who is nearly as good as Harvin in KR/PR, and Rivers who is light years ahead of Jruss. A team can't win with only a running game. Taylor will hold me over for this season, next season I will have the best RB in the draft!

Fifty

I assumed that http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=18560892&postcount=10320 meant that Daw had approved the trade, and I made another assumption in that they didn't post the trade until they had commish approval. Maybe I was wrong!

I remember back in S1 when FMT was firmly against Smokey trading Merriman, because he didn't want teams to change their core players too unrealistically. Then LT/Turner happens, and if this goes through, it just says to me that we've lost control of the semi-realistic trading. Cue Daw defending it and Smokey getting very very angry.

Fifty

Wellington said:
So other shady trades are ok, but this one is not?

Weird.

Are you still busting my balls about the (comparatively minor) LJ trade? Or are you talking about another trade? Passive aggressive isn't my style in this thread, so please translate.

Smokey

terrell_owens_popcorn_dallas_feature.jpg

Rorschach

DMczaf said:
I didn't even approve of the previous shady trades, ass.

But hey, majority rules!
Yeah, ass!

Everyone calm down... :(

daw840 said:
Why the hell wouldn't I approve this? I will have two first rounders (one of which will probably be the first pick) plus Sproles, who is nearly as good as Harvin in KR/PR, and Rivers who is light years ahead of Jruss. A team can't win with only a running game. Taylor will hold me over for this season, next season I will have the best RB in the draft!
Because AD is all your offense. You would do just as bad trading away your only viable receiver (Harvin) for a QB... who is he gonna throw to? Oh, I guess sproles... you got me there!

Smokey

It's not like you won't be able to gameplan to stop both of these RBs...

besides...I have JBust at the helm now..so who knows?

Rorschach

Smokey said:
It's not like you won't be able to gameplan to stop both of these RBs...

besides...I have JBust at the helm now..so who knows?
Everyone knows JRuss is great. I would love for this trade to happen because it fucks both of you up, but let's get real here...

Smokey

Rorschach said:
Everyone knows JRuss is great. I would love for this trade to happen because it fucks both of you up, but let's get real here...

I'm taking a huge chance.

But one I am willing to take for the spectacular backfield.

If all else fails I'll just put my backup QB from the draft in!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Fifty said:
Are you still busting my balls about the (comparatively minor) LJ trade? Or are you talking about another trade? Passive aggressive isn't my style in this thread, so please translate.

DMczaf said:
I didn't even approve of the previous shady trades, ass.

But hey, majority rules!

Rorschach said:
Yeah, ass!

WTF? I didn't even specify which trade I thought was shady. Only asses I see here are the ones assuming things. You guys are the commishes, yet resort to namecalling.

Rorschach

Wellington said:
WTF? I didn't even specify which trade I thought was shady. Only asses I see here are the ones assuming things. You guys are the commishes, yet resort to namecalling.
I was joking... that was just the setup for "calm down." Please calm down? :(

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
I was joking... that was just the setup for "calm down." Please calm down? :(
Let's be clear, you edited the calm down in.

Just take my approach to these bogus trades - it still comes down to the guy controlling them, who are not as good a player as I am!

Rorschach

Wellington said:
Let's be clear, you edited the calm down in.

Just take my approach to these bogus trades - it still comes down to the guy controlling them, who are not as good a player as I am!
I edited in like immediately after just to be sure no one takes it seriously. I use exclamations and outlandish comments, but people still don't get the message...

Rorschach said:
I edited in like immediately after just to be sure no one takes it seriously. I use exclamations and outlandish comments, but people still don't get the message...
Ass! Your still trading me white right?

Smokey

hey pat white lit me up

JRuss I hear is pretty bad..but thats ok.. I'll just run split formation and i'll have the dual option of turner / ap to throw to in the flats in case things get rough.

DCX

DCX
Rorschach said:
Straight up or do I have to give up some picks?
Fuck you Daw for not telling me AP was on the block, i rather have him than over the hill LT Iverson. I would have gladly given you my first rounder and Ryan.

DCX

Smokey

DCX said:
Fuck you Daw for not telling me AP was on the block, i rather have him than over the hill LT Iverson. I would have gladly given you my first rounder and Ryan.

DCX

Sometimes you must inquire about players.

This is what separates the good GMs from the greats.

Fifty

Yeah, because if I had Michael Turner, and had run for over 300 yards in a game just a few weeks ago with him, I'd be on the phone to Min, trying to inquire about AP!

I know I traded for LJ, but that was after days of Matrix not being able to find a taker for him, and me wanting to do him a favor..plus he's nowhere near as impactful a back.

OK, I should really stop posting about this now.

Rorschach

I was about to post the rankings since I forgot last night, but then I noticed I didn't save it and I misplaced the stats. -_-

I'll post the half-assed redos in a tick.

Rorschach

DenogginizerOS said:
I think we all deserve to know how this trade started, who submitted to who, who approved, and why.
Who started it? Probably Smokey as he has said in his post above. Who submitted it? No one to my knowledge. Who approved? No one to my knowledge. I checked with CB, DM, and Fifty. No one has knowledge of it. I thought it was a joke, honestly. FMT hasn't chimed in, but I don't think he'd approve this.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I was actually in the game against Crow, losing by only 6 in the 2nd and it boots us.

Fucking blow out rematch time :(

Smokey

Matrix said:
I was actually in the game against Crow, losing by only 6 in the 2nd and it boots us.

Fucking blow out rematch time :(

uh better do what we did.

start a new game and act like its the 2nd

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Rorschach said:
Who started it? Probably Smokey as he has said in his post above. Who submitted it? No one to my knowledge. Who approved? No one to my knowledge. I checked with CB, DM, and Fifty. No one has knowledge of it. I thought it was a joke, honestly. FMT hasn't chimed in, but I don't think he'd approve this.
Well, if this is a joke, it should be in the trade thread, if at all.

Rorschach

DenogginizerOS said:
Well, if this is a joke, it should be in the trade thread, if at all.
I said that earlier, but it turns out it's not a joke in Daw and Smokey's eyes? I'm still not entirely sure anymore.

Rorschach

Fifty said:
I guess the moral of the story is to not post trades until they're approved by commishes.
That's what makes me think it was a joke. Smokey always asks first. The premature ejac post and the thing about AD being a FB kinda sealed it for me as one.

DenogginizerOS

Rorschach said:
I said that earlier, but it turns out it's not a joke in Daw and Smokey's eyes? I'm still not entirely sure anymore.
There should be consequences then. I think I have read a few times that we need to put trade talk in the trade thread.

Fifty said:
I guess the moral of the story is to not post trades until they're approved by commishes.
Again, there should be consequences.

I propose that those involved lose trading privileges for the rest of the season.

Rorschach

Like I said earlier (it was probably ignored!) I messed up and deleted the info, so from 7 on it gets skimpy. :( Sorry, I'll have proper ones next time.

[1]
logo_3.png
Bills (4-0) W4 – I guess I can't really take you down a notch for having a bye... or can I? Well, I could, but I'm lazy and you were already at the top, so there you shall stay. The Bills had a powderpuff game and a bye, but have the upcoming match of the week. Buffalo will face their, also undefeated, division rival, the Patriots. Trent Edwards is still the highest rated starting quarterback and has the 6th most passing yards per game in the league. The Bills are now second in sacks only to the Packers. I guess the Osi trade worked out. Although, most of those sacks were against the AFC East's personal punching bag, but you don't pick who you face. The defense has also allowed the 4th least yards per game and the least points per game in the league. They'll need to play another strong game when the Bills go down to Brady's house.

[2]
logo_13.png
Eagles (5-0) W5 - The Eagles are surprisingly winning with the best rushing offense in the league. Westbrook has taken the team on his back with the most yards among non-asterisk runningbacks. Their potent offense has posted the second most yards in the league and the 4th most points. They are also leading the league in turnover differential and interceptions. It seems as if the vaunted East is firmly in the Eagles' grasp, but it's too early to tell. The next two weeks feature an inconsistent Bears team and an also inconsistent division rival. All signs point to this train keeping a full head of steam.

[3]
logo_4.png
Broncos (5-0) W5 – The Worst 5-0 Team Ever™ comes off a week where they took out the previous season's AFCW division leader. The Broncos have beaten 3 good teams in their great start and 2... teams. They seem like the real deal with the fifth most points in the league, the fifth most rushing yards, second best turnover differential, the third highest rated quarterback, fourth best running back, and third most interceptions. *phew* The Broncos take on their second division rival in a row next week and then follow that up with a trip to New York to face the Jets.

[4]
logo_6.png
Buccaneers (3-1) W3 – The Bucs started off shaky, but haven’t faltered since their first week loss. In the last two weeks, the Buccaneers have taken the division lead from the Saints and beat up on the Steelers for good measure. Has Josh Fraudman actually taken the Buccaneers out of the DMball era? The young quarterback is now top 10 in yards and has the second most touchdowns of all quarterbacks. Antonio Bryant has 4 receiving touchdowns already. The defense isn’t the stingy defense of old, but is still producing plenty of turnovers. Tampa is leading the league in interceptions. The next two weeks see the Buccaneers taking on two struggling teams.

[5]
logo_15.png
49ers (3-1) W1 – Jack English couldn’t manage a win against the Broncos in week 4. Hell, he couldn’t manage a touchdown in regulation. In Arizona, he had a forgettable game, but he got the W versus the Cardinals. The 49ers are in full control of their division at the moment and look to cement their status next week versus the Seattle Seahawks. Will Jack English manage to get back into the top 5 quarterbacks list?

[6]
logo_25.png
Ravens (3-1) W1- After a loss to the lowly Raiders, the Ravens took out their frustrations on their fellow AFCN team, the Bengals. By doing so, they have also taken the lead in the North. Boldin only has 2 catches for 28 yards since moving to Baltimore. Their bigger acquisition seems to be Larry Johnson who has apparently overtaken the premiere back duties from Ray Rice. The KC bigot already has 82 after one game. The fourth best rushing attack in the league gets even better. The Ravens take on the Falcons next and then host the Bengals for what will probably be another shellacking.

[7]
logo_22.png
Patriots (2-0) W2 http://i50.tinypic.com/11weolt.jpg

[8]
logo_20.png
Packers (3-2) W1 – With the sudden fall of the Vikings, the Packers look in control of the NFC North.

[9]
logo_17.png
Jaguars (1-2) W3 - The MJD-less Jaguars have leap-frogged the Colts for the division lead and they already own the tie-breaker for the division crown. :Manningface

[10]
logo_8.png
Chargers (3-2) L1 – The Chargers temporarily lost control of the division, but something tells me they’ll re bound against the lowly Raiders next week! At least the Turner trade worked out for someone…

[11]
logo_27.png
Saints (4-1) W1 - The Saints couldn’t take out the Bucs, but they showed they still have the Panthers’ number with a close victory. DREW BREEEEEES didn’t fare too well in that game, but everyone has one of those games, right?

[12]
logo_16.png
Giants (2-1) W1 – The Giants fell to the Cards, but there’s no shame in losing to an NFC Best team. They did come back and win a squeaker over the Vikings, but they’ll be looking to blowout the Redskins the following week. I WONDER THEY’LL DELIVER ON THAT!

[13]
logo_23.png
Raiders (3-1) W1 - http://i47.tinypic.com/f797q.jpg

[14]
logo_29.png
Steelers (3-2) L1– The Steelers lost a game to the Bucs and the division to the Ravens in one fell swoop. They can take care of business in week 8 if they want it back. Don’t worry, Pittsburgh, Flacco can’t scramble for shit!

[15]
logo_11.png
Cowboys (3-2) W2 – Wow. The Cowboys’ potent offense put the hurt on Tennessee. With such a potent offense, I bet there will never be a time when they get the score run up on them. Keep on truckin’, Dallas!

[16]
logo_18.png
Jets (3-2) W2 – Franchize couldn’t take care of business against the Packers, but they take on the lowly Dolphins next. Unfortunately, that will be followed by a visit by the Broncos. I believe, Franchize! Make us proud! …ugh, I think I’m gonna throw up…

[17]
logo_10.png
Colts (2-3) L1 – Don’t worry. Maybe there will be more cpu wins in you future!

[18]
logo_1.png
Bears (2-2) W1 – The Bears are the Packers’ only competition this season, but they have a habit of sucking ass. I blame JPout. How can your team rally behind a leader with sandy vagina? Now, I’m not one to fault a person for their handicap, and SV is a serious condition, but people should know their limitations. He’s already accomplished enough. Now is the time to go and spread awareness about his affliction to the masses. Write a book, tour some campuses, do a few talk shows, etc. If we all pitch in, we can put an end to SV in our children's lifetimes.

[19]
logo_21.png
Panthers (2-2) L1 - The Panthers kept it close against the Saints and beat up on the Skins to maintain .500. Maybe they can make some noise this year? Next week is their biggest test when they face the division leader. Take out Freeman and get a free tote bag!

[20]
logo_5.png
Browns (2-2) W1 – The Browns defense seems legit, but is it enough to compete in the North? Probably not. :( Prove me wrong!

[21]
logo_28.png
Seahawks (2-3) L1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0XAI-PFQcA

[22]
logo_26.png
Redskins (2-3) W1 – So… how ‘bout that Morrow… JCamp is all kinds of disappointed to be out of a Redskins uniform right when this potent passing attack hit DC.

[23]
logo_14.png
Falcons (1-3) L1 – Last year’s Falcons are hiding in there somewhere, right? Maybe we’ll see them again before the season is done. Or maybe we can just blame it on the NFCS curse. No one knows it was broken last year, anyway.

[24]
logo_9.png
Chiefs (1-3) L2– The Chiefs hit the bye with two straight losses, but now they face some chump team called the “Brancos” or something. Never heard of them, so they must be crap. Oh, wait, it’s the “Broncos”?! The third team on this list? Shieeeeeeeee… I mean… uh. Stay positive, KC! I see good things in your future. Like a Dwayne Bowe trade to Oakland! I believe!!!

[25]
logo_7.png
Cardinals (0-3) L3 – “wow #3 vs. #25 coming up FMT is going KILLLL me guess i shouldn't even bother showing up.....

(not)
” Next time, listen to the rankings. They’re here to help!

[26]
logo_24.png
Rams (1-3) W1 – A win! One step closer to NFC West gold. Next thing you know, you’ll be enjoying golden showers in the San Francisco Bay! Suck it down, 9ers!

[27]
logo_2.png
Bengals (1-3) L3 – I’ll go out on a huge limb and predict a win for you next week. Thank me later.

[28]
logo_19.png
Lions (1-3) W1 – Thank heavens for Dane Morrow. The Lions are no longer the bottom of the North!

[29]
logo_32.png
Texans (0-5) L5 – Fuck it, go deep! Wait, that’s not working? Go deeper!

[30]
logo_31.png
Vikings (0-5) L5 – I heard Favre was thinking about coming out of retirement before week 7. He decided to stay home after he saw his favorite target was out for a better part of the season.

[31]
logo_30.png
Titans (0-5) L5 – Man, you have a tough schedule… and it doesn’t let up any time soon… Silver lining: you didn’t move down the list! There’s something to hang your hat on. Whatever the fuck that means…

[32]
logo_12.png
Dolphins (0-5) L5 – It’s not time to tank yet. That’s week 7 talk! Then, you can load up on more picks and get even less wins next season! Eventually, you’ll have no wins, but like 5 top 5 picks on your starting roster. Worked for Al Davis…

Rorschach

DenogginizerOS said:
There should be consequences then. I think I have read a few times that we need to put trade talk in the trade thread.

Again, there should be consequences.

I propose that those involved lose trading privileges for the rest of the season.
They can't trade anyway... this is the last week to trade. Personally, I don't think it's fair to make up a rule like that on the spot and punish someone who committed the offense before the rule was in place.

I do think riling everyone up was bad form, but I don't know what we could do about that if they were really serious.

DenogginizerOS

Rorschach said:
They can't trade anyway... this is the last week to trade. Personally, I don't think it's fair to make up a rule like that on the spot and punish someone who committed the offense before the rule was in place.

I do think riling everyone up was bad form, but I don't know what we could do about that if they were really serious.
I understood the posts I read earlier in the week that said to keep trade stuff out of this thread. These guys ignored that and took it even further. Bad form, indeed.

Top Bottom