• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Somnia

So I have one pick left since I got two that I put on my list. Does that mean when the draft is over I can look over the FA list and see if anyone is left I could use. Doubt there is but ya never know :D

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Well that was a fucking embarrassing disaster :lol

GG Astro, your team is f-ing stacked.

6 f-ing picks, no matter what I threw in the 2nd half it was like your whole D had spidey senses.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Yeah man it was super close in the first half, game could have easily swung either way but then I got all the breaks in the second. Moats was breakin' out early too so I'm glad to have survived that.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
That was the game I needed Slaton soooo badly. He's just much better than Moats and helps open up my passing game and get AJ free. It felt like you had double coverage all game on AJ :(

I also forced a lot of my throws at the end of the game which led to a couple of the ints, but I was just trying to make something happen since I was down so much and couldn't rely on a huge run to help me out.

Damn the 1st half and 2nd half felt like completely different games.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
more practice for me... anyone else want to play or Shawn you want to try to connect again, i am switching connect points on my360 if you want to try

gg Smokey... had no good breaks that game

Somnia

Man whats with our division :lol I lost Palmer for 9 weeks, Fifty lost Reed for 6 weeks or whatever and Ramirez lost Burnett for 3 weeks and Holmes for the season. The only lucky one in our division is Striker.

Malleymal said:
more practice for me... anyone else want to play or Shawn you want to try to connect again, i am switching connect points on my360 if you want to try

gg Smokey... had no good breaks that game
We can try tomorrow. Tonight is booked for me.

bluemax

Banned
Birdman02 said:
Not sure about tonight...we might me be going to my in-laws for dinner. I should be able to play sometime between 1-4 est tomorrow...just have to wait for my wife to figure out her work schedule. Or tomorrow night around 11 est will work too.

Just let me know ahead of time if at all possible so that I can plan around this.

Rorschach

GG. I'm used to the drops. I'm used to the overthrows. I'm used to other QBs getting away with murder when my guys drops their passes. I'm used to McFadden getting injured. I'm used to all that shit, but what I'm not used to is that fucking lag... what the fuck? I couldn't even play safety because of it.

Thankfully, we don't have to play anymore. :D

Birdman02

bluemax said:
Just let me know ahead of time if at all possible so that I can plan around this.
Well, my wife is actually working in the morning from 10-12 est, so I could play then if it's not too early for you (you're pst, right?). We'll be out for most of the day after that, but I'll be around again tomorrow night.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
GG. I'm used to the drops. I'm used to the overthrows. I'm used to other QBs getting away with murder when my guys drops their passes. I'm used to McFadden getting injured. I'm used to all that shit, but what I'm not used to is that fucking lag... what the fuck? I couldn't even play safety because of it.

Thankfully, we don't have to play anymore. :D
:(

As I said via AIM I didn't experience any lag. That was the deciding factor, tainted win.

Time running out in OT I had no time outs. 17 seconds left on the clock when they go to the stupid fucking animation to measure for a first down. I did not get it, but the clock is ticking and I can't even spike the ball anymore because of the animation. I just hustled out a call and threw it up for grabs, thank God Hixon was all alone, I was able to get out of bounds with 3 seconds left to kick the game winner.

Listen to this - I'm at the 30 yard line and have to kick an FG. A 47 yarder. I hit it with full power and everything but it falls short and Rors returns it for a TD. Tynes sucks, etc. Janokowski hits a 53 yarder no problem. I managed to stop Rors at his 41 in overtime, so it's a 58 yard FG. He lines it up and almost legs it through, drops at the rear of the endzone. Rors says after the game he didn't even get full power on that kick. The discrepancy in kickers is just too fucking large in this game!

Rorschach

If it makes you feel any better, I have to aim it right because he shanks left. :lol

Luckily, the wind was blowing diagonally so it actually helped him. :D

[edit] I'm in your room and ready'd up, Astro.

[edit2]K, I guess something came up? I'm gonna go hit the showers!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
gah missed ya then--need new post! i guess i can't follow you on live.xbox.com cuz it said you were offline

well if anyone else wants to play just let me know when you're going on and i'll send you an invite

Birdman02

I guess I missed ya, Bluemax. I sent you a message on xbl, but it looks like you signed out. I'll hang out for the next 10-15 minutes in case you wanna play tonight. If not, I'm gonna try to play viakado in 2k9.

TheCrow

GGs Lonestar.

I just can't deal with disconnects and having to start all over, Its is just a fucking emotional roller coaster. I am winning one game then I can't do shit in the rematch. If my next game turns out like this I might have to seriously think about leaving the league. I was looking forward to playing with everyone here but I can't handle this shit. I am fine with losing but not when I have to go from winning a game to losing the game.

Maybe next year we will be able to finish games when players disconnect.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Hey, 1st game was 28-28 and I had the ball and driving. 2nd Game disconnected right as Ben Watson got passed your defense and it DC's. To play 3 games is BS. Where you are at now, was what I was feeling in the 2nd game. Right now, I'm mentally tired, with a huge migraine headache, and just not sure of wanting to play this game anymore.

Striker

I'll sign Aaron Glenn or Deltha O'Neal, not both. We're free to sign any other available FA's, right? I missed the first round, and the other round you took a second CB. -_-

:p

Somnia said:
Man whats with our division :lol I lost Palmer for 9 weeks, Fifty lost Reed for 6 weeks or whatever and Ramirez lost Burnett for 3 weeks and Holmes for the season. The only lucky one in our division is Striker.
Don't you jinx me, man!

edit

wow, didn't see Wellington and Rors' total yards. Makes me feel ashamed on offense. :(

TheCrow

Lonestar said:
Hey, 1st game was 28-28 and I had the ball and driving. 2nd Game disconnected right as Ben Watson got passed your defense and it DC's. To play 3 games is BS. Where you are at now, was what I was feeling in the 2nd game. Right now, I'm mentally tired, with a huge migraine headache, and just not sure of wanting to play this game anymore.

Its no ones fault and I know those games were competitive but I don't have great players so when I break some big runs I can't count on doing that again so I just am mentally worn down. Those first two games were great but after playing two games we both knew each others game plans so its not as fun or exciting. Its a good game and its fun being in this league but I don't want to have to go through this every fucking week.

Edit: And losing DeSean Jackson for 8 weeks in the game that actually counts doesn't make my situation any better.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Striker said:
I'll sign Aaron Glenn or Deltha O'Neal, not both. We're free to sign any other available FA's, right? I missed the first round, and the other round you took a second CB. -_-

:p

Don't you jinx me, man!

edit

wow, didn't see Wellington and Rors' total yards. Makes me feel ashamed on offense. :(
Neither of our run D's showed up. :(

Smokey

GG Astro.

That was a pretty crazy game. After playing pretty much all day the past few days, I think the game has clicked for me. I can actually run now which was a struggle before. On defense I've been able succeed on a lot more manual interceptions that I attempt. Maybe this little bye week will help me out in the long run, b/c all I've been doing is playing against randoms and practicing quite a bit.

Striker

Wellington said:
Neither of our run D's showed up. :(
You and your guys' terrible 4-3's. ;)

LJ,

Are you going to be available at all tomorrow? I can after 8:00 eastern. I'm off the day afterwards, if not, :p

edit

Did my FA-edits. Just now cut CB Rod Hood, and signed CB Deangelo Smith, since it's this way in real life. No one claimed him!

LJ11

Striker said:
You and your guys' terrible 4-3's. ;)

LJ,

Are you going to be available at all tomorrow? I can after 8:00 eastern. I'm off the day afterwards, if not, :p

Yeah, I'm free dude, unless something unexpected pops up.

Fifty

Close win over Somnia. The bengals fought really hard for a winless team! If I didn't get a KR TD (Yamon Figurs with a PR and a KR returned this season) it would have gone to OT.

Kevin Curtis scored a nice slot TD in his first game as a Raven, and Patrick Surtain got a late-game garbage INT in his debut as well.

Terrell Suggs 2 INTs were the biggest stat, as well as Foxworth staying alive in the league INT race with a 4th INT.

If we had a special teams leaderboard, YAMON FIGURS would be all over that. 39 rated WR, but 99 when it counts.

Somnia

GG Fifty...Your running game destroyed me, but I can't believe how many times each of us tried to lose the game. I blew a fucking onside kick return....actually GOT an onside kick and failed to do shit with it.

Took me half the game to get use to using Garcia...so use to Palmer and his fucking rocket arm.

Matrix

Rorschach said:
I feel ya since I lost what would have been a win against the Texans and on top of it, the second game was winnable. :'(

Well I just got destroyed today, I no longer feel bad about our game :p

bluemax

Banned
Birdman02 said:
I guess I missed ya, Bluemax. I sent you a message on xbl, but it looks like you signed out. I'll hang out for the next 10-15 minutes in case you wanna play tonight. If not, I'm gonna try to play viakado in 2k9.

Sorry about that, woman issues I didn't even notice the message.

AirBrian

LukeSmith said:
AirBrian you around for our game? When do you want to get Chris Johnson the rushing title?
Hey Luke, are you available later tonight (11-12 CDT) or tomorrow evening after like 6 PM?

Top Bottom