• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
GG, pheeniks. Turnovers killed me. Not sure why I didn't get that fair catch because I knew what was coming. Oh well, see you in a few weeks.

DenogginizerOS said:
GG, pheeniks. Turnovers killed me. Not sure why I didn't get that fair catch because I knew what was coming. Oh well, see you in a few weeks.

yeah gg

you also witnessed the birth of the chad henne era (which means pennington is on the block)

Ramirez

Ugh, that was the worst game of 10 I've played thus far, blown assignments galore and my guys dropping INTs right in their beaters, awesome.

Injuries happen way too often in this game, I put his RB out 3 times, Polamalu got hurt early on, Timmons was out the whole game after a early injury, just ugh.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
GG Ramirez. You totally took CJ out of the game, and after trying to force the ball to other WRs with no success, I decided to go on a dump off pass game. I was going to try to run the ball to control clock....until Kevin Smith got knocked out of the game.

I have no idea how Stafford ended up with 340 yards though. Probably a big chunk of that was on that long drive when I threw an INT.

Time for a f'n beer -

3647817923_30949657cf_m.jpg

Fifty

Way to go Dskillz! I was looking at Ramirez's schedule and I honestly thought he might go undefeated. This makes our division battle that much more exciting.

DCX

DCX
Shawnwhann said:
The fraternity of the undefeated grows smaller every game. DCX, it's your turn to lose your zero next week! :D
to Mr Cheers man? That's my next opponent.

DCX

Somnia

Ramirez said:
Ugh, that was the worst game of 10 I've played thus far, blown assignments galore and my guys dropping INTs right in their beaters, awesome.

Injuries happen way too often in this game, I put his RB out 3 times, Polamalu got hurt early on, Timmons was out the whole game after a early injury, just ugh.

Sadly I think that is just our division :lol

bluemax

Banned
Holy fucking shit I almost had a heart attack against Birdman. Wow that was the game of forever. I think I'm gonna go throw up now.

LJ11

bluemax said:
Holy fucking shit I almost had a heart attack against Birdman. Wow that was the game of forever. I think I'm gonna go throw up now.

Looks like a safety was the difference.

Striker, are we still on for 8?

Ramirez

dskillzhtown said:
GG Ramirez. You totally took CJ out of the game, and after trying to force the ball to other WRs with no success, I decided to go on a dump off pass game. I was going to try to run the ball to control clock....until Kevin Smith got knocked out of the game.

I have no idea how Stafford ended up with 340 yards though. Probably a big chunk of that was on that long drive when I threw an INT.

Time for a f'n beer -

3647817923_30949657cf_m.jpg

Yes, it was a GG, I totally choked on that last drive where I let you just march down the field.

Can I get a clarification on the controls, does Y no longer attempt to swat or intercept the ball? Does it do anything at all? I know LB does the swat, but it's such an odd position, I could have swore Y did the same thing in years past, but Farrior just kept running while I'm smashing Y to try and pick a ball off. :lol (yes Im too lazy to look in the book)

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
shawn will have lost long before week 14, as all of you will have. the curse can never be broken, no undefeated teams in league play.

I was undefeated! I WAS!

You guys canned the league on me when I was a couple of weeks away from history!

Mrbob

DMczaf said:
3 games left? Were on a record setting pace right now!!
and during a MrBob bye week...SHOCK AWE!

I went and spent 100 dollars plus tax on ms rape time wireless adapter today so the league wouldn't be held back! Quit your crying you big baby! :D

bluemax

Banned
Smokey said:

All right I can't remember the whole game but it was 14-10 late in the third and Birdman was driving, looking to put it away. On second and goal I picked him off and ran it back to make it 17-14. A little later I throw a pick at Birdman's 1 or 2 my third of the game. Two plays later off a zone blitz I sack MJD in the back field for a safety.

I get nothing on the ensuing drive and Birdman starts driving again. I pick him off at my thirty or so but end up getting nothing (Edge and Housh were injured at this point). Birdman drives down and takes the lead 20-19 with less than a minute to go. Two point conversion fails.

I get an okay return and then start working my 2 minute passing game still without Housh and Edge. I get down to Birdman's 26 and fail to get any more yards (almost getting picked two more times). I run it for 4 yards and take my final time out and then kick the fairly easy field goal dead on.

I kick off, my Kicker makes his third special teams tackle after Birdman gets it to the 21 or so. First pass is complete out to my 42 Birdman takes his last time out with 5 seconds to go. I come out in dime coverage and he throws it deep to Holt. Lawyer Milloy misses the initial tackle, second DB also misses and Holt starts running. Milloy recovers and I make the tackle about 15 yards from the end zone, game over.

With some better red zone calling on either side this game isn't as close but still very dramatic.

AstroLad said:
Looks like me and you next week for NFC WEST DOMINATION bluemax.

I should be in first all ready :mad: But this should be an excellent early season match up.

i think i will win 1 more game this season (against mrbob), then i'll have the #1 and #2 pick in the draft (if the panthers falter!!)

if anyone wants to trade me a franchise QB for 2 #1's speak now! (or speak in the offseason i dont care)

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
FrenchMovieTheme said:
i think i will win 1 more game this season (against mrbob), then i'll have the #1 and #2 pick in the draft (if the panthers falter!!)

if anyone wants to trade me a franchise QB for 2 #1's speak now! (or speak in the offseason i dont care)

kolb_kevin490.jpg

Fifty

FrenchMovieTheme said:

Or you could just draft a QB in the 1st. ....Oh wait, you're the Niners. That won't work!

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
FrenchMovieTheme said:

daunte-culpepper-lions.jpg

Birdman02

bluemax said:
All right I can't remember the whole game but it was 14-10 late in the third and Birdman was driving, looking to put it away. On second and goal I picked him off and ran it back to make it 17-14. A little later I throw a pick at Birdman's 1 or 2 my third of the game. Two plays later off a zone blitz I sack MJD in the back field for a safety.

I get nothing on the ensuing drive and Birdman starts driving again. I pick him off at my thirty or so but end up getting nothing (Edge and Housh were injured at this point). Birdman drives down and takes the lead 20-19 with less than a minute to go. Two point conversion fails.

I get an okay return and then start working my 2 minute passing game still without Housh and Edge. I get down to Birdman's 26 and fail to get any more yards (almost getting picked two more times). I run it for 4 yards and take my final time out and then kick the fairly easy field goal dead on.

I kick off, my Kicker makes his third special teams tackle after Birdman gets it to the 21 or so. First pass is complete out to my 42 Birdman takes his last time out with 5 seconds to go. I come out in dime coverage and he throws it deep to Holt. Lawyer Milloy misses the initial tackle, second DB also misses and Holt starts running. Milloy recovers and I make the tackle about 15 yards from the end zone, game over.

With some better red zone calling on either side this game isn't as close but still very dramatic.

I should be in first all ready :mad: But this should be an excellent early season match up.
Great game man. I almost threw my controller when you got that pick six....such a stupid throw, but the safety pissed me off the most. My pulling lineman ran right passed your DE, and let him tackle me in the endzone. Both of our offensive coordinators would've been fired after that game.

Smokey said:
i look forward to week 14. the week you lose. it'll be even sweeter doing it in that stank $1 billion stadium.

An undefeated season is a pipe dream I'm not going to even think about attaining. I just wanna win the NFC Beast and get a bye week. If I can achieve that prior to our game, I may just sit all my starters to ensure they're healthy for the playoffs. After all, I can't have Romo suffering a broken arm in our game when I'm up by 30 in the 4th quarter! :D

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Just for you guys, I went and splooged more money, to MS. Went and bought a STUPID 120 gb HD. Transfer seems to have gone over ok, Madden is installed, though I do seem to have a bad copy of NCAA, as it won't get passed 44% installed. I'll try a rental copy of it later.

LiveWire

Shawnwhann said:
An undefeated season is a pipe dream I'm not going to even think about attaining. I just wanna win the NFC Beast and get a bye week. If I can achieve that prior to our game, I may just sit all my starters to ensure they're healthy for the playoffs. After all, I can't have Romo suffering a broken arm in our game when I'm up by 30 in the 4th quarter! :D

Pfft, you ain't winning the Beast. :D

Mrbob

JCut cannot be stopped, he can only be contained.

Screw records, I'm going over 5000 yards passing this season!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Mrbob said:
JCut cannot be stopped, he can only be contained.

Screw records, I'm going over 5000 yards passing this season!
We're definitely going to have a few 4000 yard passers, which will be weird as hell. I think I have 1200+ passing yards in only five games and have two offensive juggernauts in the Saints and Card as my next games so i will have to keep flinging it. Weird for me since I like playing ball control.

Shawnhawnn said:
An undefeated season is a pipe dream I'm not going to even think about attaining. I just wanna win the NFC Beast and get a bye week. If I can achieve that prior to our game, I may just sit all my starters to ensure they're healthy for the playoffs. After all, I can't have Romo suffering a broken arm in our game when I'm up by 30 in the 4th quarter!

If I ever get a comfortable lead I will definitely sub in some of my backups to get them playing time. Guys like Kiwanuka and Big Barry Cofield would not be on the bench on most other teams. I am very worried about how progression will work at the end of the year. I have some rookies and young guys in starting roles over solid veterans. I just hope I am not wasting my time.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
woot woot. i thought you could just sign non-drafted leftovers after the fa draft but if that's the rule i'll just undo them

Top Bottom