• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Sable: I am in the process of moving (the first of two moves this month) so I won't really be able to play until this weekend... for whenever the week advances. My Xbox and gaming TV are packed up. :(

Wellington said:
We're definitely going to have a few 4000 yard passers, which will be weird as hell. I think I have 1200+ passing yards in only five games and have two offensive juggernauts in the Saints and Card as my next games so i will have to keep flinging it. Weird for me since I like playing ball control.

If I ever get a comfortable lead I will definitely sub in some of my backups to get them playing time. Guys like Kiwanuka and Big Barry Cofield would not be on the bench on most other teams. I am very worried about how progression will work at the end of the year. I have some rookies and young guys in starting roles over solid veterans. I just hope I am not wasting my time.
I'm worried about progression too which is why I'm forcefeeding my subs the ball to the likes of Jones, Austin, and MartyB.

Great minds think alike! ;)

people are overly concerned with "overall" player rating but that's not always the best gauge to use. for instance, my first 3 games i had a guy who was rated a 70 at LE. in the 4th game i put in a guy who was rated a 67, but better speed, and got 2 sacks with him.

i think the highest ratings boost i have heard of in 1 year is 6 points so dont expect your 70 rated HB to jump 20 points, even if he has a really good year

Rorschach said:
My PM box is empty?

PS: Trevor Scott is a future DMVP and Callhoun is a future probowler.

:lol

i would rather just develop nate davis than get jbust. although 2 #1's on my squad would be tempting if EA would allow the A-11 offense in this game.

don't worry, Tim Tibrow will be a 49er come draft day friends!

Rorschach said:
Nnamdi for 2 #1s sounds about right. I'd be losing on the deal, but I'm willing to bend.

meh, no one throws on nate clements anyways (i'm not sure why, he fucking sucks). although i guess with BOTH of them i could lock down both sides of the field.

tell you what, i'll give you a 2nd and dre bly!

Somnia

FrenchMovieTheme said:
:lol

i would rather just develop nate davis than get jbust. although 2 #1's on my squad would be tempting if EA would allow the A-11 offense in this game.

don't worry, Tim Tibrow will be a 49er come draft day friends!
I'll be pick #1 though :D

Bleh who am I kidding Im getting an oline first pick. At least I know whomever he is he won't hold out and them break his fucking foot unlike that stupid ass Andre.

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
tell you what, i'll give you a 2nd and dre bly!
Why don't I just bend over and make it easier for you. What am I, an idiot? Getouttahere!

Shawnwhann said:
You'd deal Namdi for 2 #1 picks? If you're serious, let's discuss over PM.
FMT is in a unique situation where he has #1 and #2 overall next year.

bluemax

Banned
Birdman02 said:
Great game man. I almost threw my controller when you got that pick six....such a stupid throw, but the safety pissed me off the most. My pulling lineman ran right passed your DE, and let him tackle me in the endzone. Both of our offensive coordinators would've been fired after that game.

Both of McCree's picks came on the exact same play. So many bone headed plays, just like when I played Storybook. I gotta work on my brain farts in the redzone.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Shawnwhann said:
You'd deal Namdi for 2 #1 picks? If you're serious, let's discuss over PM.

You've been:

Red-Dorking-Domestic-Chicken-Cock-and-Hen-in-Snow-Iowa-USA-Photographic-Print-C13060213.jpeg

block_pic.jpg

'ed

AirBrian

gg. Astro! I am a freakin' idiot! The f'n announcers were talking about how there wasn't any penalties yet in the game going into the 4th quarter. So when I was watching the clock, I was thinking it was the 4th...except it was the 3rd! :lol

After I got out of bounds and the clock kept running, I was thinking, "WTF?!" That's when I realized it was actually the 3rd. Of course, after wasting two TOs and going for it on 4th.

fucking lame i have a bye week next week :(

oh rors i'll need to appoint you commish after wednesday. i'll be in arizona this weekend. go niners biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
AirBrian said:
gg. Astro! I am a freakin' idiot! The f'n announcers were talking about how there wasn't any penalties yet in the game going into the 4th quarter. So when I was watching the clock, I was thinking it was the 4th...except it was the 3rd! :lol

After I got out of bounds and the clock kept running, I was thinking, "WTF?!" That's when I realized it was actually the 3rd. Of course, after wasting two TOs and going for it on 4th.
Haha yeah I noticed that you might have been under that misimpression. Was close on 4th too...wacky game although that seems to be the norm for me.

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
oh rors i'll need to appoint you commish after wednesday. i'll be in arizona this weekend. go niners biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch!
Royer Doyer.

btw-....I think some people signed more than 3 FAs. Are we allowed more after the draft? I thought it was just 3...

Then again, I'm lost like a mofo.

AirBrian

AstroLad said:
Haha yeah I noticed that you might have been under that misimpression. Was close on 4th too...wacky game although that seems to be the norm for me.
Yeah, that was a fumblefest for me. :( Not really like CJ at all, but I guess I was due for one of those games. Glad it came when it didn't count!

And your passing is much improved from the last time we played. You were tearing up my secondary on several drives.

Rorschach said:
Royer Doyer.

btw-....I think some people signed more than 3 FAs. Are we allowed more after the draft? I thought it was just 3...

Then again, I'm lost like a mofo.

yeah i said people could have their pick after that however many they want. there wasn't much left

Fifty

While you guys were Mr. Magooing over the rules, I was snagging up Brian Griese! Good luck finding a QB on the waiver wire now, suckers! Same with Bubba Franks. I hope your TEs don't get hurt, because there ain't no help comin'

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Fifty said:
While you guys were Mr. Magooing over the rules, I was snagging up Brian Griese! Good luck finding a QB on the waiver wire now, suckers! Same with Bubba Franks. I hope your TEs don't get hurt, because there ain't no help comin'
esszkp.jpg

Striker

I signed these FA's:

CB Deltha O'Neal (66), QB Gus Frerotte (65), OLB Brian Johnston (56), CB Deangelo Smith (67), and DT Babatunde Oshinowo (60).

I went with O'Neal over Glenn because he can he is slightly younger and can return kicks/punts. Frerotte is my security blanket for Quinn (no jinx, Somnia!). The others are just young guys I'm hopin' will pan out somehow in my 3-4 scheme. :\

For signing Smith, I cut Rod Hood (looks like Fifty signed him; he'll pay!)

LJ11 said:
Striker if you can play in the next 30 minutes I'm game, if not tomorrow.
Ugh. No lie, I fell asleep at 11:20 (I looked at the clock before I did lay down). Your post is only five minutes later. :(

For some reason I was really tired, but I just woke up. :lol

I'm off tomorrow, so when you are free, let's do it!

FrenchMovieTheme said:
Q: Does that mean the most FA's i can get are 3?
A: Yes.

Q: What if i want some FA's after all is said and done?
A: Too bad if you have already picked 3.

CB3 said:
Smokey said:
I thought you could sign anybody that was leftover after the FA signing period?
You can

Ok so which is it, are we free to sign whoever is left over or not? FMT's post clearly reads like we can't, which is why I didn't and why I posted about other people signing more than three. Personally I don't care it would just have been nice to know since I could have certainly signed more players.

EDIT:

Nevermind I see FMT's and Rors note a couple posts up. Guess he changed his mind. I'll have to take a look over whats available again. Sorry for the confusion

Wellington said:
Sable: I am in the process of moving (the first of two moves this month) so I won't really be able to play until this weekend... for whenever the week advances. My Xbox and gaming TV are packed up. :(

Not a problem, I'll take my loss over the weekend then (preferably Saturday)

AirBrian said:
So where do you go to sign your FAs? I looked through the Xbox, but I know I missed it somewhere.

Can only be done on your xbox. Go to rosters management I think its called, and then depth chart? Its the one that lets you see all the players on your team in a list view and also by position. Change to Free Agents with LT.

AirBrian

sableholic said:
Can only be done on your xbox. Go to rosters management I think its called, and then depth chart? Its the one that lets you see all the players on your team in a list view and also by position. Change to Free Agents with LT.
Oh, OK. I went there but I didn't see how to change to FAs. Thanks!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
sableholic said:
Not a problem, I'll take my loss over the weekend then (preferably Saturday)
Yeah okay, you and the unstoppable Saints O are going to pound me into the ground. That and your beastly use of Sedrick Ellis to shut me down. I'm fairly horrible this year (last place in my division!) so you should have no problems beating me up. You're also coming off of a bye week, all the time in the world to prepare for me. I am happy we get to play in the Superdome, my game with Rors was a rain game and Jacobs fumbled twice. Sunday kind of sucks though.... football all day!

I have never followed through on a Madden Offline Franchise, when are we allowed to start scouting for the draft? We're five weeks into the season which would put us at a "Sim October" most college teams would already be on the second half of their schedule.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Wellington said:
Hey how do you upload highlights to the league itself? I can get them on EASW but don't know how to bring them over.

If you upload something from a game, it automatically goes to the league site.

Atleast that is how it has worked for me.

LiveWire

FYI GCQuinton and I will be getting our game in tomorrow night so if we end up being the last game we should be able to advance the week.

For my next week's opponent, malley, please let me know when you're available between Thu-Sat. I will be out Sat night and all day Sunday in New York City for the Giants-Skins game.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I signed Chris McCalister to bolster my DB's, Selvin Young to replace Kevin Faulk (I don't care that you're injured, you're 34 years old!). Selvin's got some speed to fill that role, and he's 26 years old. I signed Marcus Tubbs to fill the 3rd DT spot, and get me back to league minimum (as well as replace the DT I traded to Crow for Kyle Orton).

K. O'Connell is out there guys, go get him!

Wellington said:
Yeah okay, you and the unstoppable Saints O are going to pound me into the ground. That and your beastly use of Sedrick Ellis to shut me down. I'm fairly horrible this year (last place in my division!) so you should have no problems beating me up. You're also coming off of a bye week, all the time in the world to prepare for me. I am happy we get to play in the Superdome, my game with Rors was a rain game and Jacobs fumbled twice. Sunday kind of sucks though.... football all day!

Alrighty we can't eeyore each other since we both know this is going to be a tough game. Especially since we both need a win (me more so than you as i'm 1-3). Haven't really done any preparing yet, but I'll have to start. Thankfully Bush's injury was only for my bye week.

LiveWire said:
I will be out Sat night and all day Sunday in New York City for the Giants-Skins game.

jealous.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
sableholic said:
Alrighty we can't eeyore each other since we both know this is going to be a tough game. Especially since we both need a win (me more so than you as i'm 1-3). Haven't really done any preparing yet, but I'll have to start. Thankfully Bush's injury was only for my bye week.

I am not eeyoring you, you are the one offense I just cannot defend.

(PS I will definitely be out to kill Bush.)

Wellington said:
I am not eeyoring you, you are the one offense I just cannot defend.

(PS I will definitely be out to kill Bush.)

shouldn't take much, bush goes out like every couple plays. Anybody need a speedy rb (or you could even put him at wr since thats what he really is)?

LiveWire

sableholic said:
shouldn't take much, bush goes out like every couple plays. Anybody need a speedy rb (or you could even put him at wr since thats what he really is)?

If you're serious about trading Reggie I just made you a trade offer.

sableholic said:

Yea, I'm psyched! Thankfully it's a 4 o'clock game so I don't have to get up at 4 in the morning to drive up to Jersey. Best part is my boss scheduled a work meeting in Manhattan the next day, so I can just chill out after the game and let all the traffic clear and then head in to my hotel for some more post-game celebration. :D

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LiveWire said:

Yea, I'm psyched! Thankfully it's a 4 o'clock game so I don't have to get up at 4 in the morning to drive up to Jersey. Best part is my boss scheduled a work meeting in Manhattan the next day, so I can just chill out after the game and let all the traffic clear and then head in to my hotel for some more post-game celebration. :D
Damn Sunday is a school night! I don't even get to take you out for a beer.

LiveWire said:

I'm relatively serious, but that isn't enough. I feel like i'm losing out on both positions, also not a big betts fan.

Sweet, hoping the skins give you and me a reason to celebrate.

LiveWire

sableholic said:
I'm relatively serious, but that isn't enough. I feel like i'm losing out on both positions, also not a big betts fan.

Sweet, hoping the skins give you and me a reason to celebrate.

My 2nd position is 5 years younger than your alternative, and aside from speed rating/accel has better stats in every category. Betts isn't as high OVR as Reggie but is very reliable and won't get injured as often. What if I throw in a draft pick? 3rd round?

Wellington said:
Damn Sunday is a school night! I don't even get to take you out for a beer.

It won't be that late will it? How bad can traffic be after the game? I was hoping to be in the city no later than 9:30. If not this time, you should come down the for Monday Night Football game at FedEx on December 21st, it just got flexed by the league.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
sableholic said:

Don't you want a vet QB....like Culpepper???

AirBrian

LukeSmith said:
I might be home around 10 Central tonight (I'm in pacific and working lateish these days)
OK, sounds good. I'll be home around 10-11 CDT tonight, so any time after that works. I'll post in here when I get in.

Top Bottom