• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NHL 2k7 (360) league interest thread

Kingpen

For the first time in my life, I am going to buy sports titles on day one (both NHL games).

The purpose of this thread is to help gauge interest in a league for NHL 2k7 (360 version). I'm not volunteering to set one up right now, but I didn't see another thread around so though we could start congregate with this one.

We will have a 16 person league to start.

I'm looking forward to playing some of you guys in online hockey!

I call dibs on the Penguins once the league is set up.

GT: KINGPEN66

Teams / Xbox LIVE Tag

Pittsburgh Penguins / KINGPEN66
Buffalo Sabres / purg3
Nashville Predators / sefskillz
Carolina Hurricanes / Denogginizer OS
Detroit Redwings / JuanMR2
NY Rangers / Treo360 *
Edmonton Oilers / Sonki *
San Jose Sharks / Darknight
Ottawa Senators / Enigma5
Vancouver Canucks / BishGA
New Jersey Devils /Chickengrease
Boston Bruins / Scaramanga OS
Phoenix Coyotes / TerraRhythm
Dallas Stars /shpankE
Calgary Flames / BradVanDam
Philadelphia Flyers / HavocJ17

*need to confirm Xbox Live gamer tag (please PM me or post in this thread with it)

purg3

slept with Malkin
I definitely want in on a 2k7 league, also I called for pens in the main 07 NHL thread :p

It really does not matter though, I just want to play some hockey. I'll take Buffalo, unless you would want to play for the pens.

Kingpen

I'll play you a game for the pens for sure.... If I lose, then maybe I can get the flyers or rangers I guess....

I just want to get in a league!

Sonki.

Banned
I think some guy in the 07 thread said he will set up a site and such for the league! I'm so in! Just need to buy me some LIVE cause my brother will be using the other one for this league. I'm sure. GAF member of course.

I call the Oilers. But I don't know if this is the place in which we should go abouts calling a team.

But this should be awesome, and I think we should be able to grab 30 peeps.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
Lord Helmet said:
I've never participated in any type of league before. How often would we generally be playing? Any particular time of day?
Looks like there are options for each round of games to have a week timeline. But there's also a flexible schedule option, which I guess allows you to play your games whenever you want, barring the playoffs.

Kingpen

Alright... just putting this toward the top to get some more interest... Only issue I am noticing is that the penalties called out of the box seem low compared to the new NHL rules... I bumped almost everything to almost a 50 or more (roughing was at 30% rate of being called)

purg3

slept with Malkin
Kingpen said:
Alright... just putting this toward the top to get some more interest... Only issue I am noticing is that the penalties called out of the box seem low compared to the new NHL rules... I bumped almost everything to almost a 50 or more (roughing was at 30% rate of being called)

I also noticed this too, especially with hooking. Sometimes you will get hooked to the point where it will completely stop or severly slow your player and no penalty will be called. It is much better as you said after some slider adjustment.

Also, what is the status right now with this league? Also, if anyone wants to play some games online, send me a friend request. Gamertag is purg3

Kingpen

I'm also wondering why I am not getting any stats overlays during franchise... I had thought that maybe it was because I was using cinemotion.... I reverted back to the traditional broadcast presentation and will have to see if that fixes it...

We had them online in the games played there...

Kingpen

purg3 beat me out for the pens... he deserves them though being in Pittsburgh...

I guess I'll call dibs on either the Devils or Hurricanes... (which ever one Denogg doesn't want - His choice first)

purg3

slept with Malkin
You can take the pens, it's cool :) . I'm going to stick with Buffalo for online play since I'm using them for a different league. BTW that was a good game, we will have to play again.

epik

If you guys wanna check out www.360leagues.com ... thats where its at right now.. theres dedicated guys running the league with stats.. unfortunately.. sorry for hijacking the thread, this is for NHL 07. Hurry its filling up fast! Theres also a tournament as well.

If you guys wanna play me online my GT is: epik07 .. Im undefeated.. someone beat me -.-

Kingpen

Okay I'll take the pens then

I guess I will take the liberty of setting up the league, even though I have never done it before... I think I will go with 6 minute periods and something between 10 and 20 games to start with. I don't want to go wtih 82 games as I know people will lose interest and flake out.
I will probably tweak the penalty settings and raise them if I possibly can. They are way too low.

Playoffs will be 7 game series, and it looks like I will allow a weeks time maximum to get setup with your opponent and play your game. After that I can just advance everything on the schedule a week with random results so we don't hold everyone up..

I'll call the league GAF NHL2k7 LEAGUE if you need to search for it.. I'll repost when I have something up. We probably will have to let it sit for a while so a few more people can get the game, or see this thread..

Kingpen

The league is now set up as

GAFnhk2k7LEAGUE

The password is NEOGAF

6 minute periods... Penalties increased somewhat....
I set it up for 10 games - 7 days between a round a games, and 16 teams inside it. Playoffs are 7 game series - an interval of 4 days between games.

Please post your gamer tags in here as I think I have to send the invitations to you for you to join.

GamerTag: Darknight

PS if anyone adds me, leave a message with your invite saying who you are and that you're from the forum otherwise I'll probably ignore the request since I get random ones all the time.

Kingpen

Cool more interest... I have sent 7 of the invites off so far.... 9 more to go to fill the league up.

JuanMR2 - I need you to pick a team for the league

Sonki - Please verify your xbox live tag
Treo360 - Please verify your xbox live tag

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I will take the Hurricanes.

GT: Denogginizer OS

Can you send one to Scaramanga OS? He is a good friend and would love to be in our league.

sefskillz

What's everyones thoughts on Last minute real time option? Personally, I love it. Just adds to the excitement towards the end. Noticed it was an option for leagues, but it's off in ours. Just tossin the idea out there.

FightyF

Banned
GamerTag: TerraRhythm

Team: Pheonix Cyootes

Personally, I'd prefer sim play...but if people want to bump up the speed I'm okay with that. Whatever the settings are (even arcadey), I'm down. Just stating my preferences so we can come to a consensus.

TheDuce22

Banned
I just played the demo and I am buying this over Nba2k7. Ill have the game later today.
Gamertag: HavocJ17
Team: Philadelphia Flyers

Edit: Actually let me try the NHL07 demo before I decide.

TheDuce22

Banned
Not that I could tell much from the crap demo but NHL 07 does have that jittery looking framerate that was in Madden 06. Im getting NHL 2k7. Send me an invite!! :)

sefskillz

JuanMR2 said:
Red Wings still available? Also I'm having trouble joining the league...I might be on the wrong page but this one won't load http://online.2ksports.com/leagues?a=join
Join up using the ingame interface. If you goto the league section you should be able to see your invite from kingpen.

Also, Kingpen, Chickengrease is on my friends list so his gamertag should be fine.

shpankey

not an idiot
how do i join in the league? i really love this game and want to take part. i like the Dallas Stars but will take any team.

Kingpen

I'm sorry Sanjuro but BradVanDam beat you out by one post to get the last spot in our league. We will run this one, and I'm sure we will have a ton more league seasons after this.

If someone drops out, I will keep you in mind.

I still need Sonki to confirm his xbox live gamer tag.

If I don't hear back from him, that last spot is yours Sanjuro (you would have to pick a different team though)

Treo360

xboxlive.jpg

hey I'm real!

perhaps it's because I didn't join in the league yet?

shpankey

not an idiot
i got online with the game and checked the Invitations under the League section, but alas, I didn't have one. do I need to do something? like add someone here as a friend first?

Kingpen

I still am unable to send invites to Blackhawk2k3 and Chickengrease... I sent one to shpankE and HavocJ17 this morning.

I will try again to get this thing going tonight. 8 of the 16 teams are confirmed so far inside the games league setup.

Top Bottom