• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '11 Online Dynasty Thread: Ball & Juice edition

Mrbob

daw840 said:
Anyone here play any of that Monday Night Combat game on XBL? It's actually quite a bit of fun!

Try this out if you like MNC:

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/

Eznark has been bugging me to try this out for a long time. I guess Monday Night Combat ideas are based off of DOTA and some of the dudes who made Defense of the Ancients created League of Legends Free play option as well.

Ramirez

How is a 3rd person shooter based off of a RTS Hero game? :lol

I don't think I've ever seen such a blatant rip off of another games art style either. :lol

daw840

Mrbob said:
Try this out if you like MNC:

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/

Eznark has been bugging me to try this out for a long time. I guess Monday Night Combat ideas are based off of DOTA and some of the dudes who made Defense of the Ancients created League of Legends Free play option as well.

This looks pretty cool, but my biggest problem with PC games it that I have a nice laptop and a shitty old desktop. While my laptop would almost definitely run these cool games, it just doesnt seem like I would really enjoy playing on a 19" screen. I mean, I guess I could run it into my TV since it has an HDMI out, but IDK. I get the most enjoyment from games that I can play with friends, and 99% of the people I know play the 360 not the PC.

bluemax

Banned
Ramirez said:
How is a 3rd person shooter based off of a RTS Hero game? :lol

I don't think I've ever seen such a blatant rip off of another games art style either. :lol

Monday night combat is basically the TPS version of DotA. Its surprisingly close.

Also I was repping League of Legends months ago and none of you assholes wanted to play.

Sanjuro

Wellington said:
Stop playing rookie difficulty!
I'm getting some achievements out of the way so I don't start getting greedy during important games. The funniest thing of the animations was Steelers fans shaking their heads as they walked back into the stadium.

LiveWire

FrenchMovieTheme said:
niners are on soon! can't miss the future champs.

is anyone man enough to play me now? wellington?

Niners are actually looking...good? :O

I'm around if you or anyone wants to scrim; tired of getting raped by all-universe Dez Bryant in my franchise. :/

GCQuinton said:
Look at Nate Davis showing why I traded for him last year :lol

Too bad he didn't progress much.

he's really good this year in the game but i think AWR is tied to the random "bad" throws and i see them a bit more with him.

Smokey

Reach is leaked all over the internet thanks to Microsoft and their genius ways. No where is safe spoilers all over the fuckin place, ending on youtube.. i'm deleting the internet from my pc

:( :/

BigAT

Smokey said:
Reach is leaked all over the internet thanks to Microsoft and their genius ways. No where is safe spoilers all over the fuckin place, ending on youtube.. i'm deleting the internet from my pc

:( :/
Master Chief.

LiveWire

Anyone else getting ridiculous lag on XBL? Smokey and I just tried playing twice and the shit is stuttering hardcore, and we're both direct connected to our routers.

LiveWire said:
Anyone else getting ridiculous lag on XBL? Smokey and I just tried playing twice and the shit is stuttering hardcore, and we're both direct connected to our routers.

smokey is one of 2 people i had really bad lag with. him and goldlion! is it the internets? the distance? the game? xbl? no idea!

Smokey

FrenchMovieTheme said:
smokey is one of 2 people i had really bad lag with. him and goldlion! is it the internets? the distance? the game? xbl? no idea!

live and i have played a lot of scrims, this was the first time we've encountered lag.

daw840

Smokey said:
live and i have played a lot of scrims, this was the first time we've encountered lag.

We havent played Madden 11 yet, but you and I have played tons of games together and I have never seen it lag...

Ramirez

I still don't quite get this game, I played AT earlier and my defense was basically GB's offense in disguise, they were just flying to the ball on every play, compared to last night when Brady went almost perfect on me, it's like I'm playing two different games day by day.

PBY

Banned
Picked this game up today, so just wanted to give u guys a heads up: i'm still in for the online franchise mode if thats cool/if theres space... I'll also play with any team, so whatever works for you guys

Sanjuro

peterb0y said:
Picked this game up today, so just wanted to give u guys a heads up: i'm still in for the online franchise mode if thats cool/if theres space... I'll also play with any team, so whatever works for you guys
I think your best bet is to grab the Titans. Storybook / DCX are fighting over the Falcons I believe and the only other team is the Rams.

Smokey

peterb0y said:

petah!!!

Nightz

I think peter should be given the Dolphins just because he had to put up with the Chiefs last year. :lol

Edit: Anyone want to scrim?

PBY

Banned
Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
I think your best bet is to grab the Titans. Storybook / DCX are fighting over the Falcons I believe and the only other team is the Rams.
I'd be cool w/ the Titans... but if I have to take the rams thats fine too... I played 4 seasons w/ the chiefs last year, can't be much worse:lol

peterb0y said:

bro you don't even need to ask if there's space. as far as i'm concerned you will always have a spot after what you went through with madden '10 :lol

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
FrenchMovieTheme said:
gg astro. alex and matty being alex and matty :/
:lol yeah that was fun. Seems like there's one throw a game where the QB throws it directly to a wide-open defender. Kinda weird; didn't see that last year.

it seems that EA has "fixed" flats passing by having the RB's route kind of stop at the end of the route as opposed to using his momentum to continue forward once he receives the ball. this gives the defense time to catch up. so on that last pick you threw, beanie wells kind of hooked back and had no chance at the ball

Sanjuro

Rorschach said:
GG. Sloppy on both sides, but it was over when Brady went down.
I was fine until that bullshit end of the first half. You stopped me on the 6-10 yard mark from that interception runback only to have TWO fucking injury timeouts under the two minute mark. I score there and the whole game prods along at the correct pace.

Instead I...

nyxqb.jpg

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
rors is a creampuff. i can't wait for our regular season matchup so i can get some playtime for my 3rd stringers!
:( I can't say shit because you've got the lead on me, but I'm looking forward to next time!

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
I was fine until that bullshit end of the first half. You stopped me on the 6-10 yard mark from that interception runback only to have TWO fucking injury timeouts under the two minute mark. I score there and the whole game prods along at the correct pace.

Instead I...

nyxqb.jpg
:lol That was very McRibb.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
FrenchMovieTheme said:
it seems that EA has "fixed" flats passing by having the RB's route kind of stop at the end of the route as opposed to using his momentum to continue forward once he receives the ball. this gives the defense time to catch up. so on that last pick you threw, beanie wells kind of hooked back and had no chance at the ball
but that pass wasn't to beanie it was to breaston! lotta flukey plays that game like both my tds though

AstroLad said:
but that pass wasn't to beanie it was to breaston! lotta flukey plays that game like both my tds though

:lol

oh shit, then that was one of the worst throws i've ever seen, beanie was the only one in the area

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Yeah in my limited play there seem to be two flavors of passes -- dead on (yes, even from Lionheart) and way off. But I've only played with the Cards so maybe it's a Lionheart thing.

Top Bottom