• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '11 Online Dynasty Thread: Ball & Juice edition

TheCrow

Nightz said:
GG Crow. That game seemed like one of those where Madden didn't want you to win. Tebow looks good and is pretty elusive, fumbles like crazy though.
GG. Unfortunately Tebow has the second highest carry rating on my team with 86.

Edit: and Ryan Mathews would break almost every first tackle. I'm hoping that it was just home field advantage.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
smokey is one of 2 people i had really bad lag with. him and goldlion! is it the internets? the distance? the game? xbl? no idea!

Awwww hell, you havn't played me with my new connection. Shit is smooth as Wellington's voice

Well, i don't even know what to say. Thanks for letting me know my defense isn't worth a shit? You could have had Jawalrus in there and done as you pleased. Or maybe had Ron Dayne waltz into the endzone with those boulder sized holes your offense made? Or maybe i could have had a second or two to throw a ball? Who knows.

Thanks for the sad realization which faces me this season =((

EDIT: East coast fo-lyfe

R.I.P. Notorious

Mrbob

Uh oh. Madden 11 bomba or CNBC sensationalist story?

http://www.cnbc.com/id/38786847

Just one week after its flagship franchise hit the streets, EA is already seeing retailers dramatically discount this year’s installment of “Madden NFL”. Amazon [AMZN 127.28 -0.48 (-0.38%) ], Wal-Mart [WMT 51.10 0.88 (+1.75%) ] and GameStop have all dropped the price from $60 to $50.

One possible way to interpret that is the 2010 version of the game hasn’t been selling at the same pace as the 2009 version (which, incidentally, failed to match the 2008 numbers). That’s troubling, since EA relies heavily on Madden for up to 10 percent of its annual revenues.

Admittedly, there were concerns about this year’s game prior to its launch. Pre-orders were flat and Colin Sebastian, an analyst with Lazard Capital Markets, noted that the 2010 installment was “a ‘show-me’ story … People who are tired of what ‘Madden’ has become are saying ‘I know some of my fiends are going to pick it up and I’ll see what they have to say first.'”

The price cuts could indicate the initial word of mouth was fair to middling. Critics have given the game fairly high marks—Metacritic.com, which compiles game review scores, gave “Madden NFL 11” a ranking of 85 out of 100. User scores on that same site, though, only rank it 5.3 out of 10.

Can't say I'm disappointed if it is true. Tiburon virtually ignored their fan base for Madden 11 in pursuit of the casuals.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
mr-schadenfreude.gif

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I hope Tiburon knows what they are doing for Madden 12. The apathy amongst the Maddenites this season is the worst I have ever heard. At least in 2006, when the first next-gen Madden came out to genearlly bad reviews, there was a decent last-gen version to play. This year, even though '11 is still somewhat fun to play, there are so many mistakes, oversights, and omissions, the general feeling I get is that they simply are inept. I know they have a brutal dev cycle, but the management of EA and the producer of Madden should have seen this coming and hired more people a year ago so they could at least maintain the level of depth the fanbase expects. The simple fact that LJ is not playing this year says it all to me.

Sanjuro

Call me a casual then, but I'm really enjoying this year's version. There are several improvements to be made though.

DenogginizerOS said:
I hope Tiburon knows what they are doing for Madden 12. The apathy amongst the Maddenites this season is the worst I have ever heard. At least in 2006, when the first next-gen Madden came out to genearlly bad reviews, there was a decent last-gen version to play. This year, even though '11 is still somewhat fun to play, there are so many mistakes, oversights, and omissions, the general feeling I get is that they simply are inept. I know they have a brutal dev cycle, but the management of EA and the producer of Madden should have seen this coming and hired more people a year ago so they could at least maintain the level of depth the fanbase expects. The simple fact that LJ is not playing this year says it all to me.

They have the same dev cycle as other sports games so that shouldn't be an excuse. They shared this year's "new" tech and the NCAA team outshined them on the field and off. The NHL series has become the gold standard EA Sports product though.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Call me a casual then, but I'm really enjoying this year's version. There are several improvements to be made though.
I am enjoying aspects of it as well. But the several improvements that need to be made is somewhat inexcusable at this stage of the game. And Storybook is right in that the NCAA team has outshined them, which tells me that the dev cycle may not be what is tough, but that the people working within it are not up to the task to deliver a high quality product.

Sanjuro

DenogginizerOS said:
I am enjoying aspects of it as well. But the several improvements that need to be made is somewhat inexcusable at this stage of the game. And Storybook is right in that the NCAA team has outshined them, which tells me that the dev cycle may not be what is tough, but that the people working within it are not up to the task to deliver a high quality product.
It's unfortunate because college football sucks. I wish All-Pro sold better and received more attention to detail over a few years.

The sad fact is EA is back in business for sports. Besides baseball they have the only/best option of the major four.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
i think they're really getting killed on their licensing fees. the signed the new deal when the series was really at its prime sales-wise due to many factors, and i'm sure the arrangement took into account increasing (or at least not decreasing) sales. moore has alluded to as much on a couple of occasions. that was one of the big reasons i hated the exclusive deal was because the exclusivity premium really puts a tremendous financial strain on the licensee (another burden moore has commented on). i know madden is still a profit center for ea but i don't think it's met their expectations for several years, so i wouldn't be surprised if they are cutting costs wherever they can

Mrbob

So the mythical patch which is supposed to "fix" some of the broken issues with Madden isn't hitting till late September. Are we still full steam ahead for Madden league start early September?

DMczaf

Mrbob said:
So the mythical patch which is supposed to "fix" some of the broken issues with Madden isn't hitting till late September. Are we still full steam ahead for Madden league start early September?

How about you play a game instead of bitching and moaning?!

I swear I'm going to kick you from this league and give AirBrian the Bears

DMczaf

Mrbob said:
I've played games! Don't get mad when I ask you to play a game and you don't even show up!

You only have 2 achievements, and none of them are the Jay Cutler achievement

You haven't played!

DMczaf

Rorschach said:
He'll never get the Jay Cutler achievement because it's about catching interceptions, not throwing them.

Thanks for telling MrBob and ruining my fun.

Go watch some DHB highlights!

daw840

MaddenGAF, am I a sick person?

I just went outside with the intention of saving two baby bunnies from the jaws of death, AKA my Beagle/Lab. We were trying to find them and I accidentally stepped on one of their back
legs and broke it. So, to fix this problem, I let the jaws of death outside to finish the job........

and I kinda enjoyed it.....

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
daw840 said:
MaddenGAF, am I a sick person?

I just went outside with the intention of saving two baby bunnies from the jaws of death, AKA my Beagle/Lab. We were trying to find them and I accidentally stepped on one of their back
legs and broke it. So, to fix this problem, I let the jaws of death outside to finish the job........

and I kinda enjoyed it.....
Ugh. :x

daw840

FrenchMovieTheme said:
dude how many fucking times is your dog going to slaughter a bunch of baby bunnies!? didn't you tell me a few years ago that it happened before? :lol
Its been more than a few times!:lol :lol

Smokey

daw840 said:
Oh fuck off! You live in Houston!

guess you're right...

at least your dog didn't eat the bunny. my german shepard killed a bird, ate it and then had the balls to throw the bird up in the house.

fun clean up!

BigAT

Is there a starting offensive lineman in the game with worse stamina than Mark Tauscher? The guy is rated 83 OVR but has a STA rating of 62. He gets tired after like 4-5 plays.

daw840

Smokey said:
guess you're right...

at least your dog didn't eat the bunny. my german shepard killed a bird, ate it and then had the balls to throw the bird up in the house.

fun clean up!

No, he did eat it. It was some nice eatin too!

Top Bottom