• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '11 Online Dynasty Thread: Ball & Juice edition

Rorschach

Nightz said:
What game speed will we be using in the league?
We don't even have the option, dude. It's default settings for pretty much everything except difficulty and time. We can't even turn off GameFlow. It's nice that you've still got hope, though. It might keep you sane this upcoming season.

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
and the niners only have 1 DT, and he's one of the best in the league! but you are right, that is how i will lose this year: 3 wide + and outside running to haralsons side because he's a fucking loser
PWilly is the eraser :|

And I thought you ran some 4 down linemen, but I guess I was seeing things...

campbell only had 3 incompletions!
Really? Guess all my completions were long. Oh, and Alexis had zero incompletions in the first quarter. :|

Smokey

dunta-robinson-and-andre-johnson.jpg

you sexy man you

fuck dunta bitchass

Nightz

Rorschach said:
We don't even have the option, dude. It's default settings for pretty much everything except difficulty and time. We can't even turn off GameFlow. It's nice that you've still got hope, though. It might keep you sane this upcoming season.
Oh EA, you suck. What's the default? Normal?

AstroLad said:
is the season really not starting for like another 2-3 weeks? :/

patience my friend! only 2 more weeks! we'll have up-to-date rosters.... i need anthony dixon to go from a 67 to a 71 as preseason has dictated!

p.s. someone setup a tournament, i fucked it up last time so i'm finished setting them up! why can't motherfucking EA add a simple tourney mode for online? jesus christ fucking lazy assholes dude

Rorschach said:
Wellington and Mog: please sign in to the FF league.

did i already sign into the league?

p.s. CB i thought you said we were going to wait on the draft! im mad unless everyone else showed up, in which case i can't complain

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
FrenchMovieTheme said:

p.s. CB i thought you said we were going to wait on the draft! im mad unless everyone else showed up, in which case i can't complain

I actually forgot to change the time when you went to your PuppyBrother concert so it auto drafted. The Rors came in with his league where only the cool people were invited

Rorschach

DMczaf said:
I say we do a 2v2 tourney
We can't even get one 3v3 game going these days. I don't think it'll work. :(

It's hilarious that I thought the last tourney was gonna be 3v3. I made a banner for it after asking FMT and then it turned out it was 1v1 so it made no sense!

FrenchMovieTheme said:
Yeah, you did. You're gonna hate your name by week 8, though. :(

CB3 said:
I actually forgot to change the time when you went to your PuppyBrother concert so it auto drafted. The Rors came in with his league where only the cool people were invited

Uh then create a new one. Maybe ill do one..... Gaf madden all stars!

CB3

You can if you want. We can move it to that. The new busy CB is time pressed for these kinda things trying to get everyone signed in and all that. [smokey] 40 hours! [/smokey]

Ramirez

We're not going to wait for the patch that fixes the amount of broken tackles and all that? The game is a POS at the moment, I'm not even sure a patch will help it. Having to deal with Gameflow in OF is going to suck balls. God I hate Tiburon.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
It's funny, EA really is the worst about giving people choice. And I'm not even talking about sliders or other items directly related to gameplay. For example, in FIFA World Cup they designed a brand-new penalty-kick system. Have a whole video tutorial for it and everything. And it's actually pretty good too. Yet in online games there is no choice to have the games go to penalties. Actually there's no choice for OT at all. Tied at the end of 90m? Game over.

I am fine with scrims but I'm also looking forward to some "meaningful" games.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I would prefer we wait until the patch that is coming in late September is in place, but I understand us proceeding in 2 weeks.

Considering how FUBAR the injuries are in this game, I would be fine with us playing an Injuries OFF league. At the rate injuries (serious injuries, no less) occur in scrims, we will all be scrapping with thrird string by the end of the first season.

daw840

DenogginizerOS said:
I would prefer we wait until the patch that is coming in late September is in place, but I understand us proceeding in 2 weeks.

Considering how FUBAR the injuries are in this game, I would be fine with us playing an Injuries OFF league. At the rate injuries (serious injuries, no less) occur in scrims, we will all be scrapping with thrird string by the end of the first season.

Didn't that seem to happen last year too in scrims? I know it definitely happened in simmed games.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
daw840 said:
Didn't that seem to happen last year too in scrims? I know it definitely happened in simmed games.

It surely happened in my league game against Somnia. DAMMIT!

Sanjuro

I have no idea how the injuries work in this game. All I know is we disabled them in online season in MLB the Show. I like the aspect of injuries, but not when,

A. Your entire team gets wrecked.
B. The game doesn't properly heal them in the correct manner of weeks/games.
C. Some teams have elite backup QBs like Michael Vick.
LOL!

Rorschach

About gameflow: you don't HAVE TO use it, but you can't turn it off. So, before every play you have to press x to bring up the playbook. The annoyance really comes in when you're trying to skip cutscenes and you end up picking gameflow with A.

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
C. Some teams have elite backup QBs like Michael Vick.
LOL!
...but that's exactly the whole point of depth.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I think I was in the upper echelon (if not top tier) of getting screwed by injuries. Lost Wells, Fitz, Breaston, and Suggs for significant chunks of time. But I still like injuries being in unless it's just completely broken.

Ramirez

Rorschach said:
About gameflow: you don't HAVE TO use it, but you can't turn it off. So, before every play you have to press x to bring up the playbook. The annoyance really comes in when you're trying to skip cutscenes and you end up picking gameflow with A.

Yea, I remember in the demo I picked GF so many times just trying to skip the 1000 cut scenes between each play. It's gonna suck, no way around it really.

Sanjuro

Rorschach said:
Oh, I know. Vick is hardly a CFL QB at this point though.

Is there a way to speed up the games by eliminating cutscenes? That would reduce hitting A accidentally.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I have noticed that when there is an injury on the field, the play clock starts well before the play selection screen pops up. I have been hit with DoG penalties several times on plays immediately after injuries. Anyone else notice this?

Rorschach

DenogginizerOS said:
I have noticed that when there is an injury on the field, the play clock starts well before the play selection screen pops up. I have been hit with DoG penalties several times on plays immediately after injuries. Anyone else notice this?
I hadn't noticed that. I usually just skip the injury and go to the play selection screen. The injury animations go on in the background while I pick my play.

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Oh, I know. Vick is hardly a CFL QB at this point though.

Is there a way to speed up the games by eliminating cutscenes? That would reduce hitting A accidentally.
Nope. Franchise has no tweaking to speak of outside of like 4 options: injuries on/off, quarter length, difficulty, clock runoff. It's highly un-customizable.

LiveWire

A little OT but has anyone played this League of Legends game for PC? It's pretty sweet--all the more sweet that it's free to play.

bluemax

Banned
LiveWire said:
A little OT but has anyone played this League of Legends game for PC? It's pretty sweet--all the more sweet that it's free to play.

I've only posted about it like a dozen fucking times.

My summoner name is bluemax, feel free to add me but be forewarned I won't play with you until you hit summoner level 10 unless the game is a 6man or 10 man all GAF game. Too many bad experiences playing with people who just started because of how match making works.

LiveWire

bluemax said:
I've only posted about it like a dozen fucking times.

My summoner name is bluemax, feel free to add me but be forewarned I won't play with you until you hit summoner level 10 unless the game is a 6man or 10 man all GAF game. Too many bad experiences playing with people who just started because of how match making works.

k, my summoner name is Ahzmandius. Yea, I don't expect to play many multi games until I've played a lot more against bots. Can you level up to 10 or higher playing against bots, or do you need to play vs. humans?

Also, is the full retail worth getting?

Nightz

Don't get your hopes up for Madden 12!

@ian_cummings: I played a really early build of Madden NFL 12 today. It was eerily similar to Madden NFL 11.

Smokey

Nightz said:
Don't get your hopes up for Madden 12!

@ian_cummings: I played a really early build of Madden NFL 12 today. It was eerily similar to Madden NFL 11.

eerily wtf.

did he think that would be a good thing to say about 12 or what?!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
This game sucks my left nut and some of my right as well.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I'll play you whore, send me a challenge.

Matrix

I for the life of me can't get these controls down :lol every game I play the score is insane.

gg cb.

Matrix

CB3 said:
The 2010 Texans. Where no one is ever brought down on the first tackle!

You should have seen the game I played with Lonestar. Both Lions and Saints players couldn't be brought down.

This game just feels fucked up to me.

CB3

I can live with Owen Daniels and Andre breaking tackles. But when Generic White WR starts throwing my guys off thats a little suspect

Matrix

CB3 said:
I can live with Owen Daniels and Andre breaking tackles. But when Generic White WR starts throwing my guys off thats a little suspect

:lol

LiveWire

CB3 said:

Wait, you're saying Ben Roethlisberger can't block Shaun Rogers on a running play? I thought that's what goes down every Sunday at Heinz Field. No?

Birdman02

GG Matrix. Reggie Bush finally had a big game for me!

I think I've missed an XP in 4 straight games now, and it almost came back to bite me after you recovered the onside kick.

Top Bottom