• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '11 Online Dynasty Thread: Ball & Juice edition

Sanjuro

I just starting to get into the game. I've been using the PDP controller and it feels fanfuckingtastic. I wish there was one around for when Street Fighter IV was out. I like this game, it's beautiful but it is going 100mph when I was introduced to fighting games at 65mph.

Mrbob

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
I've been using the PDP controller and it feels fanfuckingtastic.

Hi five!

Is there a problem with ranked matches right now or just bad timing for me? I couldn't connect to any earlier today! I'll be on again tonight after 30 rock to test my new found skills with X-23!

BigAT

Rejoice?
@PastaPadre said:
Well I gave it two days out of courtesy, but now I'll state that Ian Cummings is the biggest name leaving Tiburon/Madden.
As much as I didn't like the direction Madden went under the Chart-Master, having a bunch of high level members leave the development team this late in the development cycle doesn't give me high hopes for Madden '12.

Rorschach

BigAT said:
Rejoice?

As much as I didn't like the direction Madden went under the Chart-Master, having a bunch of high level members leave the development team this late in the development cycle doesn't give me high hopes for Madden '12.
I saw this coming a mile away. Gives me slight hope for 13. 13 will nullify the Madden curse!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
another reason for you guys to get NCAA. hopefully they allow more than 12 people in OD this year

it's hard to blame ian cummings exclusively because he is just a puppet for upper management but that comes with the territory. if you're going to put your name on a product and promote it then you need to be held accountable.

i'm sure it's even less likely that we'll see a full online franchise mode this year, so i save myself $60!

lets all bow to our new king (same as the old king), NCAA! as far as having more than 12 people allowed, that is a good and bad thing. it's good because we basically advance the weeks in a couple days (sometimes 24 hours!), but we miss out on the bunch of people involved. i think a 25 man OD would be the sweet spot!

LukeSmith

I'm in for NCAA again this year.

I bet that core feature development is well underway on stuff for madden 12, but losing a bunch of senior people probably means things that shouldn't get cut will. It will probably result in a less polished game, too.

LukeSmith

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i need NCAA to come out already. i feel the gang has been on a hiatus because of no ncaa league.... and i miss group ethering DCX

Yeah all of the ethering has usually been relegated to IM conversations between CB and I.

Some OKish drama in the still-running NCAA thread

LukeSmith said:
Yeah all of the ethering has usually been relegated to IM conversations between CB and I.

Some OKish drama in the still-running NCAA thread

a close 2nd to the DCX shit talking would be the lonestar and his group of 99's shit talking

BigAT

FrenchMovieTheme said:
a close 2nd to the DCX shit talking would be the lonestar and his group of 99's shit talking
Or you guys thinking you actually had the superior league. LOL!

LukeSmith said:
I'm in for NCAA again this year.

I bet that core feature development is well underway on stuff for madden 12, but losing a bunch of senior people probably means things that shouldn't get cut will. It will probably result in a less polished game, too.
What would you know about game develo-oh...right.

GCQuinton

I'm not totally sure how I feel on bumping up the number of OD members for NCAA. More human competition's great, but I love the current pace of knocking out games and seasons (at least for our league). Keeps the people we do have engaged and they're not waiting extended amounts of time to advance.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
we never thought that, we knew it!

EL-OH-EL

TheCrow

It's only been 3 years or so of having Online Dynasties limited to 12 players. It's about time they allow more players. As soon as it happens I'll go back to NCAA. Having to deal with CPU games is a chore.

GCQuinton

TheCrow said:
It's only been 3 years or so of having Online Dynasties limited to 12 players. It's about time they allow more players. As soon as it happens I'll go back to NCAA. Having to deal with CPU games is a chore.

We've missed ya, man!

Part of me wonders if there's even a reason to raise it at all, though. I'm pretty sure the number of maxed out Madden leagues are small and it's probably the same deal for NCAA, especially after the first season of play. I don't think our league has ever kept a full 12 members for more than a season or two in the three years I've run leagues here.

CB3

GCQuinton said:
We've missed ya, man!

Part of me wonders if there's even a reason to raise it at all, though. I'm pretty sure the number of maxed out Madden leagues are small and it's probably the same deal for NCAA, especially after the first season of play. I don't think our league has ever kept a full 12 members for more than a season or two in the three years I've run leagues here.

we wouldnt need two leagues if it was raised to atleast 20 or so

GCQuinton

CB3 said:
we wouldnt need two leagues if it was raised to atleast 20 or so

If we kept the format the same as it is now (ours "career" style, you guys's "open" style), we'd probably still need two leagues anyway.

DCX

DCX
FrenchMovieTheme said:
ncf_a_trophy1_sw_576.jpg

win one

DCX

CB3

GCQuinton said:
If we kept the format the same as it is now (ours "career" style, you guys's "open" style), we'd probably still need two leagues anyway.
id play in whatever style if it meant more people

TheCrow

GCQuinton said:
We've missed ya, man!

Had some good times in the NCAA league and the 12 player limit wasn't an issue at first. But as soon as we had two separate leagues I didn't want to choose between them or have to deal with twice as many cpu games.

GCQuinton said:
I think if we had more players it wouldn't be an issue. Those who want to build teams up can still do it. Of course it would be harder to win with a 2 or 3 star team but that would be part of the challenge. I'd still pick a lower tier team.

GCQuinton said:

i am perfectly fine to play in a career style. the only reasons i started the other league is that it seemed like yours was most likely filled and there was a lot of interest from people to use "power" teams so it made sense.

i don't have a college team so i am just as comfortable playing with san jose st. as i am with a powerhouse (although even in our league i didn't use a powerhouse.... stanford was 3 star when we started!)

BigAT

daw840 said:
The one season I played in NCAA was fucking awesome. Is Pittsburg State in there? They are D2 so probably not...
Nope, it's only D-1A schools. There is a create-a-school feature though where you could recreate them and then use them, even in an online franchise.

LukeSmith

Wellington said:
Hey bros. I am looking to pre-order Madden 12, what system are we going with?

FMT said he wasn't getting Madden this year for Online Franchise unless it was overhauled!

I'll probably get Madden/NCAA12 on 360

CB3

we all know FMT is a lying sack of shit. He'll be driving to his hook-up to get it before release date

Rorschach

Not getting it this year. I think I'll get NCAA for PS3 since there won't be room in the online dynasties anyway. Save myself the XBL fee!

CB3

Rorschach said:
Not getting it this year. I think I'll get NCAA for PS3 since there won't be room in the online dynasties anyway. Save myself the XBL fee!

Continue to distance yourself further from us! you can go have fun with bob

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
eznark said:

I fucking wish. Got the wired 360 pad hooked up to it anyway. I'm actually having a hard time motivating myself to play console games.

CB3 said:
why do people ask this question every year. is the sky blue?

Because FMT is fickle! Don't really care what console it's on tbh.

lol unless they improve online franchise i'm not getting it. you can call bullshit all you want but you'll see. if they trot out the same ol bullshit in madden 12 as far as online goes then they can eat a bag of dicks because i wont buy it, even with the $20 amazon credit i wont buy it.

Rorschach

If there's real online franchise, I might think about it, but I still doubt it. It would likely be flawed in some way that reviewers won't mention and we'll have to discover on our own. And it will be completely controlled so you have to play it the way Ian tells you to play it.

I'd do like what I did with MLB this year and wait for actual sports gamers to play it and discover that online is still shit.

Top Bottom