• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '11 Online Dynasty Thread: Ball & Juice edition

CB3 said:
i borrowed my friends Sf4 fight pad. its extra comfortable and the button layout is great but the D-pad feels so awkward. i couldnt even do a haduken consistantly. i might need to invest in a stick

i was about to get one of those SFIV pads too but the dpad looks almost the same as the 360's regular one so i dont know where the difference would be.

there were 2 gamestops by the mall i was at and neither got any of those PDP marvel pads in. oh well!

BigAT

I was hoping to play some MvC3 today but then I ran into a bit of a snafu that made that an impossibility.

5448371009_65ae3eb30a_b.jpg

Thanks again FMT!

DCX

DCX
BigAT said:
I was hoping to play some MvC3 today but then I ran into a bit of a snafu that made that an impossibility.

5448371009_65ae3eb30a_b.jpg

Thanks again FMT!
Craigslist straight up trade for another copy! Do it!!

DCX

LiveWire said:
I'm loving the fireball cheese, :lol

ggs FMT. Super-Skrull is easy cheesy!

yeah, gg's. skrull is cool but his problem is when he starts his E honda fist slap you can't stop it and can get stuck wide open.

phoenix owned you too! i'm not sure how to change the settings to maximum time.... kind of annoying with all the time outs :/

and yeah, sometimes it can get into a fireball fest but i just can't get in on people. i need a new stick/controller :/

Mrbob

Picked up the game and controller today, should be home later tonight to play. Around 9 central or so. I'll give you guys the run down on the controller here...

NEWS_-_Marvel_vs_Capcom_3_Gets_an_Odd_Looking_Fighting_Pad-400x246.jpg

...as I'm whooping that ass online! Early impressions it is very clicky! It has the micro switches on the buttons too.

Smokey

is that pad any good?

im debating between that and the mvc3 TE stick. Of course the stick costs about 4x as much, which is why i am wondering.

Smokey said:
is that pad any good?

im debating between that and the mvc3 TE stick. Of course the stick costs about 4x as much, which is why i am wondering.

ive seen 2 good reviews in the mvc thread but they are basically just "got the controller, its good" no other details.

we are playing now if anyone is on. of course livewire spamming sentinel. time to take out the trash!

BigAT

LiveWire said:
Anyone know if you can record ranked matches?
Pretty sure there's no spectator/recording whatsoever in the game.

Making dinner now, I'll be on afterwards though to take my ass whooping like a man.

Mrbob

Smokey said:
is that pad any good?

There is a video here on the pad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyxVRTCVjVo

Most interesting is the asymmetrical design to it. It is designed so that you can hold it with your left hand and use your index fingers with your right hand at the same time without having to resort to an official stick. I plan on giving it a good working when I get home later tonight and I'll give you the verdict!

Smokey

Mrbob said:
There is a video here on the pad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyxVRTCVjVo

Most interesting is the asymmetrical design to it. It is designed so that you can hold it with your left hand and use your index fingers with your right hand at the same time without having to resort to an official stick. I plan on giving it a good working when I get home later tonight and I'll give you the verdict!

yeah lemme know..can't believe i'll be using your word to help a purchase. what has become of me.

LiveWire

CB3 said:
Funny, because when i played you with your cheese team you pulled your panties down and just took it

That's funny, because you just lined up with the rest of Madden GAF for me to run a train on you. Then you all ran away. Oh well, come back when you're ready to play with the big boys.

DCX said:
got damn

DCX

That's what I said when I smacked you down in like 30 seconds.

Oh and great last game there goldlion. I thought I could make the miracle comeback with Wesker but no dice. So close! :) Your Hulk beasted that round.

DCX

DCX
LiveWire said:
That's funny, because you just lined up with the rest of Madden GAF for me to run a train on you. Then you all ran away. Oh well, come back when you're ready to play with the big boys.

That's what I said when I smacked you down in like 30 seconds.

Oh and great last game there goldlion. I thought I could make the miracle comeback with Wesker but no dice. So close! :) Your Hulk beasted that round.
psh, Sent cheese is above us all, except Redskins fans.

DCX

LiveWire said:

Yea man. I thought Wesker was about to crush me, but i got liberal with my hypers. I had to win one of them. You put me on blast me the rest of the matches though =(

Mrbob

The marvel controller is pretty awesome for a couple reasons. The micro switch makes it easy to do all the quarter turn moves, and the buttons on the front are flat. Since they have a micro switch in those too you barely have to press down on them to get a response. Works well for index or thumb playing. Even when using my thumb it is easy to hit two buttons at once. Controller is light weight too so if you like to play arcade style you can hold it with your left hand and use your index fingers on your right hand to hit multiple buttons. I bought this controller because I wanted something that could try and replicate an arcade stick without being a beast of a controller and I think this one does a great job.

The biggest downfall of the controller is that it isn't wireless. Have to hook it up wired to your xbox 360 usb port. Not a big deal for me but I know some of you gotta have your wireless connection! Cord is about 7 or 8 feet so if you sit further back you will need an extender cable or go with a wireless arcade stick.

I think this is a great alternative to an arcade stick unless you are a super hardcore player than I'd splurge for the real deal!

Btw it was sweet digging in with some Chun Li super fast kick cheese to defeat FMT in one of our matches!

Rorschach

rolling with Zero/Amaterasu/X-23, but when I want to really piss someone off, I go with Sentinel/Arthur/Dormamu or Doom. That team is unbeatable by mortals.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Rorschach said:
rolling with Zero/Amaterasu/X-23, but when I want to really piss someone off, I go with Sentinel/Arthur/Dormamu or Doom. That team is unbeatable by mortals.

I was gonna challenge that but then i remembered you play on the Lost Island equivalent of videogame systems

Mrbob said:
The marvel controller is pretty awesome for a couple reasons. The micro switch makes it easy to do all the quarter turn moves, and the buttons on the front are flat. Since they have a micro switch in those too you barely have to press down on them to get a response. Works well for index or thumb playing. Even when using my thumb it is easy to hit two buttons at once. Controller is light weight too so if you like to play arcade style you can hold it with your left hand and use your index fingers on your right hand to hit multiple buttons. I bought this controller because I wanted something that could try and replicate an arcade stick without being a beast of a controller and I think this one does a great job.

The biggest downfall of the controller is that it isn't wireless. Have to hook it up wired to your xbox 360 usb port. Not a big deal for me but I know some of you gotta have your wireless connection! Cord is about 7 or 8 feet so if you sit further back you will need an extender cable or go with a wireless arcade stick.

I think this is a great alternative to an arcade stick unless you are a super hardcore player than I'd splurge for the real deal!

Btw it was sweet digging in with some Chun Li super fast kick cheese to defeat FMT in one of our matches!

i might pick it up.... if i could find it! PDP says they would think about making a ps3 version too if the 360 one sells but how is the 360 one supposed to sell when it's not available anywhere? one of the gamestops i went to said they had gotten 1 in, the other said they had gotten 0 in. best buy never got any in, target never got any in, and their website lists it as "unavailable". sound business strategy there!

some good matches tonight. im starting to learn dante a bit more. at first i was only using him as an assist character (for the guitar solo) but i realized he has a double jump. he is a killer against sentinel too because you can double jump and get over on top of sentinel and then do the gun shooting down for some free damage. i fucking hate fighting sentinel though. i actually just played a few ranked matches and tore him up with haggar. of course its a major pain in the ass to get IN on him, but once you do the floodgates are opened

Rorschach said:

I played a guy who did this, but with amaterasu as a support and arthur as the lead. Stupid. I couldn't do anything or get in anywhere. I was pulling hair out man

goldlion054 said:
I played a guy who did this, but with amaterasu as a support and arthur as the lead. Stupid. I couldn't do anything or get in anywhere. I was pulling hair out man

unfortunately that's how things are. i don't know what fun someone has spamming with arthur and sending sentinel drones out for 5 minutes and getting a win but whatever. thats why i am glad people on my friendslist have the game now so i dont need to always play strangers who do nothing but that strategy :/

they REALLY need to add round robin to the lobbys. if theres 3 or even 4 people its manageable, but imagine having 5/6/7/8 people in there and you lose.... you'll be waiting like 20 minutes before you get to play again! come on capcom

Rorschach

goldlion054 said:
The trick is to keep Sentinel close. He's so damn slow and such a big target. I don't even give Sentinels time to breathe when I use Zero.

CB3 said:
I was gonna challenge that but then i remembered you play on the Lost Island equivalent of videogame systems
Challenge? lol From you? lololol

Anyway, just played for 5 hrs straight with competitive players. I was regretting not joining you blokes, but getting my ass beat half the time is more fun that just destroying you chumps all day. :3

yZstr.jpg

Rorschach said:
The trick is to keep Sentinel close. He's so damn slow and such a big target. I don't even give Sentinels time to breathe when I use Zero.

Challenge? lol From you? lololol

Anyway, just played for 5 hrs straight with competitive players. I was regretting not joining you blokes, but getting my ass beat half the time is more fun that just destroying you chumps all day. :3

yZstr.jpg

i beat you more than you beat me in mvc2 :D

Rorschach said:
Dunno about that, but there's no way you would ever beat that main team I used even with the controller!

I would if I could! Maybe down the road just to teach FMT a lesson.

i would feast on your carcass! the controller excuse is just the mask you wear to hide your true self! guess we'll never know in mvc3 though!

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i would feast on your carcass! the controller excuse is just the mask you wear to hide your true self! guess we'll never know in mvc3 though!
I'd be using a stick at that point. And like I said: controller or no controller, you couldn't hang with Sentinel.

CB3

just played a few games with FMT. Looks like Marvel Vs. Capcom may have a new World order

14twm6w.gif

CB3

FrenchMovieTheme said:
lol you beat me twice and that is supposed to erase the countless times ive stomped you?

Not so easy when you dont have a 10 year head start on me like in MvC2 huh?

Top Bottom