• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '11 Online Dynasty Thread: Ball & Juice edition

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Birdman02 said:
GG Matrix. Reggie Bush finally had a big game for me!

I think I've missed an XP in 4 straight games now, and it almost came back to bite me after you recovered the onside kick.
Gg. I still suck at defending with the strat pad and I so didn't expect to recover the onside kick....that's the first time I ever have. I had my chance at the end, thought AJ might pull a miracle catch out of his ass.

bluemax

Banned
LiveWire said:
k, my summoner name is Ahzmandius. Yea, I don't expect to play many multi games until I've played a lot more against bots. Can you level up to 10 or higher playing against bots, or do you need to play vs. humans?

Also, is the full retail worth getting?

You probably can but youll just be that much further behind normal people when you actually jump into matches with real people. The bots are so damn terrible. About the only reason to play bots is to familiarize yourself with a characters skills and what they do. The Madden equivalent would be a complete football novice playing on rookie for a few weeks and then jumping into an online game of 3v3 or something.

I will say that the game can be brutal and you'll have a lot more fun if you can get a friend to play with you at the same or similar level. You can check out the GAF thread and try to find other new people to play with, it will make things more enjoyable.

Also worth looking at is a website called LeagueCraft.com, lots of guides on how to build and play different champs. Good way to learn the different mechanics and roles of characters. If you have questions on anything feel free to hit me up and Ill answer as best I can.

As for the retail pack, its not necessary but it gives you a large base of champions to select from so that you don't have to play only the ones who are available for the current week. I personally didnt buy it but everyone who did seems satisfied. I know it comes with some other bonuses as well.

LiveWire

Thanks blue. Yea I just waded into the Normal game mode. Been using a lot of Cho'Gath and Katarina. One quick question-how do I get Runes? Are they only for sale for real money? I have "IP" built up but I click on the Store button and nothing comes up, so I assume I need the retail version or something?

bluemax

Banned
LiveWire said:
Thanks blue. Yea I just waded into the Normal game mode. Been using a lot of Cho'Gath and Katarina. One quick question-how do I get Runes? Are they only for sale for real money? I have "IP" built up but I click on the Store button and nothing comes up, so I assume I need the retail version or something?

Nah you should be able to buy runes with only IP. I never spent a dime of real money on them. The store couldve just been sucking ass at that moment. It happens a lot. Riot has some really bad server infrastructure.

In Madden related discussion, I watched 15 minutes of this "Making of Madden" show I recorded off NFL Network awhile back last night. It made me angry. The point I had to shut it off was when they started talking about the primary features for each of the past years and they got to last years and talked about Online franchise and how great it was and how you could do EVERYTHING in it and hyping up the website and iPhone portions. Just annoyed me.

Wellie wouldve enjoyed the part where Justin Tuck and Geoff Keighley call up I think someone who isn't Donny Moore and Tuck tells him to boost his strength rating.

Rorschach

sableholic said:
When are we supposed to play for teams up for contention? Also how is that being done, best two out of three?
You have to play FMT with whatever team you want to play for. If you beat him, you get the team. If neither of you beat him, you guys play LJ. If LJ doesn't have the game, you guys play against the winners of each tournament. From the looks of it, it will be BigAT with the Cowboys.

Rorschach said:
You have to play FMT with whatever team you want to play for. If you beat him, you get the team. If neither of you beat him, you guys play LJ. If LJ doesn't have the game, you guys play against the winners of each tournament. From the looks of it, it will be BigAT with the Cowboys.
That's a hell of a gauntlet

it's up to you guys when you play for teams!

the only real requirement is that you play with the league settings. choose the same teams of course! (Skins vs. skins, falcons vs. falcons)

LiveWire

sable I have to play FMT tonight for the tourney but if you want to play our series after the Skins game lemme know. How bout Anthony Armstrong? If he doesn't get the #3 or #4 WR slot I will be pissed. Hell, he could probably take #2.

Mrbob

Phil Frasier comments about Tiburon working on franchise mode for next year:

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/2041513903-post51.html

Better be true. Of course the irony is a lockout could hamper sales of Madden 12 so Tiburon might say improving Franchise mode did nothing.

Comment regarding online franchise as it is currently:

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/2041515920-post74.html

He is actually all over the thread. A good read for possible hope in the future. This year is a lost cause though.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
If we can somehow crack the issue of scheduling and more flexible timing options, I think we might be on to something.
Wow sounds amazing can't wait to see those innovations. That is thrilling future-tech stuff. Too bad it's only a glint in some wild dreamer's eye at the moment.

go fuck yourself phil frazier. you don't think giving us an actual online franchise mode would improve the interest in it? you don't think giving us options to run the league like NCAA does would make it a more enjoyable/popular mode? i know Ian's excel spreadsheets say otherwise but you can't be that fucking stupid

Mrbob

Yeah I think Tiburon needs to pick a side and stick with it. They are attempting to please the hardcore and casual at the same time and in the end they are pleasing no one.

Rorschach

Mrbob said:
Yeah I think Tiburon needs to pick a side and stick with it. They are attempting to please the hardcore and casual at the same time and in the end they are pleasing no one.
Uh... more like they're trying to please the casual and the even more casual. They didn't give a shit about the hardcore or even the simulation fans this year. Not even the casual that only plays offline franchise or offline multiplayer.

sableholic said:
That's a hell of a gauntlet
Yeah, if you end up beating no one, the team goes to the dead pile and gets handed over to our worst GMs so they can run the franchises into the ground.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Mrbob said:
I agree completely. Like I have said, the apathy towards this year's game is in many ways the worst I have heard this generation.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Wow you guys are already writing them off and you haven't even seen the new scheduling and more flexible timing.

Rorschach said:
Uh... more like they're trying to please the casual and the even more casual. They didn't give a shit about the hardcore or even the simulation fans this year. Not even the casual that only plays offline franchise or offline multiplayer.

Yeah, if you end up beating no one, the team goes to the dead pile and gets handed over to our worst GMs so they can run the franchises into the ground.

i'm not sure if DCX has the time to run 2 teams into the ground. and what if you are already in the ground? do the rams then go to hell under DCX's direction and general managing?

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i'm not sure if DCX has the time to run 2 teams into the ground. and what if you are already in the ground? do the rams then go to hell under DCX's direction and general managing?
Don't be ridiculous. No one is playing for the Rams.

Rorschach

NeoGAFers Fantasy League: Draft is Sunday! Don't forget! If anyone wants to pull out before the league starts, please let me know! I could give the spot to the waiting list guys. :p

Also, I'm starting an auction league at ESPN since that's all the rage these days. If anyone wants to join that, let me know. I don't mind double dips.

-Rorschach
-LukeSmith
-DMcZaf

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Anyone want to scrim?

Matrix

WHAT NO ONE!?

F U ALL FOR HAVING LIVES!

Rorschach

Matrix said:
WHAT NO ONE!?

F U ALL FOR HAVING LIVES!
I'd scrim, but I'm scared of scrimming now. :( I know that "Anyone want to scrim?" actually means "Anyone but Rorschach want to scrim?" :lol

Only guy I'll scrim is FMT because I want to hurt Gore so bad.

Matrix

I have no problems playing you :lol I play for fun despite my moaning.

Matrix

Nah we don't have a game set up.

lets roll denogg, you send the challenge.

I'm going on now.

Rorschach said:
I'd scrim, but I'm scared of scrimming now. :( I know that "Anyone want to scrim?" actually means "Anyone but Rorschach want to scrim?" :lol

Only guy I'll scrim is FMT because I want to hurt Gore so bad.

I have no problem scrimming you. As far as i know, were 1-1. Rubber match is inevitable. Idc if i won that first match on lag alone, imma take it. Second game was a fluke :D

Matrix

god i hate this game :lol

gg denogg

Matrix

DenogginizerOS said:
Holy Tecmo Bowl, Batman!

That was retarded. GG, man.

haha it really was. You can't play consistent manual D so you end up looking like a spaz. 50+ td passes are the norm in the games I have played and holy shit I have never seen so many fumbles... absurd.

Bob, I DO TRY TO PLAY.... I suck.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
captureov.jpg

Hey bro whatever floats your boat

Matrix

:lol

I'm sure his wife or GF is making him play.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Matrix said:
haha it really was. You can't play consistent manual D so you end up looking like a spaz. 50+ td passes are the norm in the games I have played and holy shit I have never seen so many fumbles... absurd.

Bob, I DO TRY TO PLAY.... I suck.

It was Exactly the game I had against bird's Vikings. 400 yards of passing, barely any of it to megatron.

But I guess FMT will show me how me the errors of my ways.

Oh yeah, 2 missed extra points and a kickoff out of bounds

Matrix

Just throw deep all game and hurry up, basically don't slow down on O. Just expect a ton of GORE GORE GORE TANK BS GORE

Also you really do stink at kicking :lol so go for 2 every time, screw it!

Rorschach

Mrbob said:
Some guy at OS took the time to see how much "deeper" Madden 11 is over Madden 10 by posting the number of cuts out of each teams playbook:

http://www.operationsports.com/foru...-deeper-quicker-madden-11-vs-madden-10-a.html

This comment in the thread made me laugh though!
I was complaining about this to DM, but he felt he had MORE plays in the Bucs' book. smh I knew all books were cut pretty bad.

goldlion054 said:
I have no problem scrimming you. As far as i know, were 1-1. Rubber match is inevitable. Idc if i won that first match on lag alone, imma take it. Second game was a fluke :D
:lol That first match made me want to quit 11 forever. I seriously thought I would. Well, not by itself, but it was the game that broke the camel's back. It was pretty much unplayable. I'll give you the win, though!

[edit]
Wow... someone on OS that makes sense and he has a Cowboys avatar! o_O

Here's the danger in just looking at "data" and not trying to understand the reasons for what you are seeing.

EA guys look at the "data" and see only 13 plays being called(which I highly doubt, but whatever) Did they ever stop and think....HMMMMM, WHY are there only 13 plays being called ? Could it be the other plays suck, don't work properly, (remember all that bad run/pass blocking in your game the last 6 years ??) The game online being reduced to you HAVING to run some of the same plays over and over again because of the defects in the game that people exploit. How did they come to the conclusion based on the "data" that it was purely the playbooks needed reducing ?
Some plays were shit last year because the WRs didn't run the right routes and others were redundant (there still are a lot of plays this year that are the same damn thing, but in different formation or 1 different route).

Matrix

Jesus at the playbooks cuts, I had noticed how shitty the Texans was this year. I didn't think it was that drastic :lol

This game feels like a across between 2K, Tecmo and Madden mixed in.

Lonestar said:
It was Exactly the game I had against bird's Vikings. 400 yards of passing, barely any of it to megatron.

But I guess FMT will show me how me the errors of my ways.

Oh yeah, 2 missed extra points and a kickoff out of bounds

well i'm not going to shut you out, but 40 and 50 point games aren't a result of madden, they're a result of foolish playcalling and strategy.

people run bump & run all game with no safety help and then they complain about all the big plays. the game has problems but this isn't tecmo bowl unless you want to make it tecmo bowl.

Matrix

I don't bump and run all game, that was just ours. Unless you have played someone else that's doing it.

I wasn't bumping and running all game against Denogg and it was still insane... all cause the switching for manual d is fucking broken. I have to trust the ai to make tackles and swats for me now, I'm not comfortable playing that way.

LETS TAKE THIS OUTSIDE!

Miguel

Sweet Zombie Jesus, 106 plays cut from the Texans Playbook!? That's ridiculous. I had noticed a bunch of plays missing, but that is insane!

But, at least they've readded my end around! WOO!!! :lol

Top Bottom