• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '11 Online Dynasty Thread: Ball & Juice edition

Lonestar said:
Gold, your team in Yahoo Fantasy...Bad luck on having Pittsburg D starting, with the Giants current 28 points on the bench.

Though, you've probably forgotten about that league, with a Kicker on Bye

nah, i'm just apathetic. I never imagined the giants D to run wild like this. But i should have known that pass rush would get to J-Pout. And i did a shitty job drafting. Having Marion Barber on a bye hurts, and Donald Brown was out. Just a rough week i suppose

Nightz

Lonestar said:
Had just sat down to play some DR2. Maybe later, but I'd rather tomorrow or tuesday.
Alrighty, but just to let you know, earliest I can play on weekdays is around 7 PST. Also 8-9 pm on Mondays is off limits because of Chuck.

P.S. We should co-op DR2 sometime!

McNei1y

I don't know if I have a bye or not but if I do play someone, I will try to get it in Monday night... not sure what time.

great game gcq. a disgustingly ugly 11-7 niners victory in the rain. god i had NO ONE open... ever. neither did you (well, you did but little jimmy clausen isn't too accurate!)

also, carolina with 0 first downs..... the one td came on a 1 play 60 yard TD run at the start of the 2nd half to take a 7-6 lead :lol

and fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck shawnte spencer out 12 weeks with a fractured toe -_-

my secondary already sucked, now i have to start Terrible Brown opposite clements?

Birdman02

AkaBalla said:
Birdman can you play after it advances?

I can play now if you're still around. If not, we might have to wait until Tuesday. Tomorrow's gonna be a loooooong day, and I have no idea when I'll be home.

Rorschach

GG Crow.

Moar fumbles for McFadden! On the plus side, I can actually run the ball again! picking up a young FB in FA was the best thing I could have done. :D

TheCrow

GG. The speed advantage that you have with WRs and CBs really made the difference. My CBs just can't keep up. I really need to draft a 95+ speed CB during this years draft.

Rorschach

TheCrow said:
GG. The speed advantage that you have with WRs and CBs really made the difference. My CBs just can't keep up. I really need to draft a 95+ speed CB during this years draft.
Schilens had all the catches and he's slower than Bailey. :p Miller's not too fast either. The difference was the ability to run. Royal 94 spd, Thomas 96 spd. ;)

What you need is another speedy rookie TE. :B

TheCrow

Besides Royal and Thomas I don't have speed. And Asomugha shut down Royal and Routt has the speed to cover anyone. All of your WRs and CBs have 90+ speed. It hard to get separation on offense and even harder to play man on defense.

And I already got my speed TE in Dickson. It's just going to take more time to strengthen the rest of my roster.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
GG Somnia. I head into the bye with no injuries, and no disconnects against anyone!

This game for Bradshaw:

6 carries, 111 yards.

Last game:

5 carries, 97 yards.

Golf ham.

Rorschach

TheCrow said:
Besides Royal and Thomas I don't have speed. And Asomugha shut down Royal and Routt has the speed to cover anyone. All of your WRs and CBs have 90+ speed. It hard to get separation on offense and even harder to play man on defense.

And I already got my speed TE in Dickson. It's just going to take more time to strengthen the rest of my roster.
Eh. I didn't even have a great day passing. 2 INTs to boot. They were doing fine in coverage. And, like I said, the guy getting the grabs and TDs was being covered by Bailey who was faster than Schilens.

And on defense, it was the covering of drags/slants/posts that did it. When people see that those are off the table, they panic.

Wellington said:
GG Somnia. I head into the bye with no injuries, and no disconnects against anyone!

This game for Bradshaw:

6 carries, 111 yards.

Last game:

5 carries, 97 yards.

Golf ham.
See, even the game is telling you. Bradshaw!

Rorschach

Gore with 19 recorded broken tackles and 0 fumbles. This game is BS!

I have 6 fumbles with McFadden alone!

...and 4 broken tackles....

TheCrow

Rorschach said:
Eh. I didn't even have a great day passing. 2 INTs to boot. They were doing fine in coverage. And, like I said, the guy getting the grabs and TDs was being covered by Bailey who was faster than Schilens.

And on defense, it was the covering of drags/slants/posts that did it. When people see that those are off the table, they panic.
Bailey got beat on the slant because he decided to do a spin before covering Schilens. :( Most of the routes were covered because I feel that in madden speed is the most important stat, at least for dbs. Losing Alphonso Smith hurt me since he would've been a much better nickle back. My current NB gets beat after a couple of yards.

Rorschach

TheCrow said:
Bailey got beat on the slant because he decided to do a spin before covering Schilens. :( Most of the routes were covered because I feel that in madden speed is the most important stat, at least for dbs. Losing Alphonso Smith hurt me since he would've been a much better nickle back. My current NB gets beat after a couple of yards.
...but I didn't really get anything off the nickel. It was all on Bailey and your safety covering Miller (6 of 10 receptions). The Higgins catch was that hail mary at the end of the first half that resulted in nothing. And it wasn't man coverage. There was only 1 real slot catch and that was the dhb catch. Your guys were doing ok covering and got two interceptions. :lol That tripled my INT total for the year! The problem came in stopping the run. You guys make up your mind before you look at the facts/stats and just decide that a certain aspect killed you when it didn't. :p

I think you did an ok job in stopping the pass, but calling so much pass defense cost you run support. And my new FB was killing it!

A real problem here is that there's no time to run that many plays or catch up if you're in a bit of a deficit. IMO, the clock should be upped a minute or two per quarter. The total number of plays run seems rather small.

McNei1y

daw840 said:
That works for me! I get home about 5:15pm CST.

Look for me around 9-10 EST.

I can't give you a direct time because I'm going to be studying at a friends place during the day so I don't know how long it'll be but I'm guessing I will be free at this time.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I think I'm (Seahawks) playing Astro (Cardinals) this week.

If so Astro when do you want to do this thang?

Also I must be really stupid...but how the hell do I add my free agents? I swear I spent half an hour last night trying to figure it out to no avail. :/

DCX

DCX
You hold down the left trigger to allow you to switch the teams in player management. From there select free agents and just sign the player.

Segway. Where are we with the drwft? We gotta keep this koving.

DCX

AkaBalla

Birdman02 said:
I can play now if you're still around. If not, we might have to wait until Tuesday. Tomorrow's gonna be a loooooong day, and I have no idea when I'll be home.

Alright I'm a little busy this week... Today i'm free from 3:30p-5p est and 9p-11p est and Tues N/A. Weds i can only start a game by 10:15p-10:30pm est. I might be on at times but can't commit to anything.

Sorry

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Kave_Man said:
I think I'm (Seahawks) playing Astro (Cardinals) this week.

If so Astro when do you want to do this thang?

Also I must be really stupid...but how the hell do I add my free agents? I swear I spent half an hour last night trying to figure it out to no avail. :/
I can do it tonight 9-10 EST if you are around.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
lookin forward to it tho it's gonna be tough to live up to my epics with bluemax. if i suck i haven't played since my last league game -- blame euroball 11

BigAT

I believe the Steelers are still up for the FA draft.

Round 2:
1. Colts - CB Tye Hill
2. Raiders - FB Owen Schmitt
3. Rams - FS Daniel Bullocks
4. Jets - DT Atiyyah Ellison
5. Broncos LOLB Cody Brown
6. Saints DT Tank Tyler
7. 49ers DB Fumble Lost
8. Eagles CB Dre Bly
9. Packers LT Levi Jones
10. Bucs DE Darren Howard
11. Cowboys pick was romo'd
12. Steelers ON THE CLOCK
13. Browns
14. Bills
15. Chargers
16. Giants
17. Lions
18. Pats
19. Panthers
20. Redskins
21. Cards
22. Bengals
23. Dolphins
24. Chiefs
25. Falcons
26. Texans
27. Seahawks
28. Vikings
29. Ravens
30. Titans
31. Jags
32. Bears

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Miguel said:
WHY AIN'T WE 'VANCIN'
My question exactly.

Oh well I am going into the bye anyway. Gives me a much needed two weeks of prep time for someone I've never played before (Kave Man). Ez, Sanjuro, and damn near anyone I've played this year for the first time have all stomped me pretty good.

Miguel

:lol, last to play last week, first to play this week, so I'm entitled now to want to advance despite being the one holding up the advancing last week.

Rorschach

LiveWire said:
Good to see EA didn't fix the playoff tiebreakers. :lol
? They did fix them in the division. They just didn't fix them in three-way ties. -_- So, you shouldn't be seeing any problems yet.

LiveWire

Rorschach said:
? They did fix them in the division. They just didn't fix them in three-way ties. -_- So, you shouldn't be seeing any problems yet.

Nope.

1. San Francisco 49ers (FrenchMov) 5 Wins 1 Loss Division 1-0 Conference 3-1
2. St. Louis Rams (DJ Demon J) 5 Wins 1 Loss Division 2-0 Conference 4-0

The National Football League said:
TO BREAK A TIE WITHIN A DIVISION

If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.

Two Clubs

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.

#1 is a tie, so #2 should be used, and Rams should be listed in 1st. But look at Mr. Alphabet, what does he say?

SA versus ST

Well that about wraps it up folks! Move along, nothing to see here! :lol

LiveWire said:
Nope.

1. San Francisco 49ers (FrenchMov) 5 Wins 1 Loss Division 1-0 Conference 3-1
2. St. Louis Rams (DJ Demon J) 5 Wins 1 Loss Division 2-0 Conference 4-0

#1 is a tie, so #2 should be used, and Rams should be listed in 1st. But look at Mr. Alphabet, what does he say?

SA versus ST

Ummm....the percentages are both 100%, I still fail to see the problem here.

LiveWire

storybook77 said:
Ummm....the percentages are both 100%, I still fail to see the problem here.

2-0 is better than 1-0. That's why if you look at NFL.com standings, the Redskins are listed as #1 in the NFC East, even though they, the Eagles and the Giants are all 2-2.

LiveWire said:
2-0 is better than 1-0. That's why if you look at NFL.com standings, the Redskins are listed as #1 in the NFC East, even though they, the Eagles and the Giants are all 2-2.

Who's to say that the game isn't going by the book with PERCENTAGES, 2-0 vs 1-0 is the same percentage. If it's not right at the end of the year, then you can bitch! :D

Rorschach

LiveWire said:
Yep.

SA versus ST

You're basing it on the website? Mistake #1.

Also, tie breakers last year were based on team name, not city. This year, three way tie breakers are decided through some random formula. It's not even team name. :\

You're #1 in the console standings. These are the real standings. The website standings are sorted automatically by the first column in the table (which happens to be team name). You can sort them through each individual column, but that doesn't really fix anything.

LiveWire

Rorschach said:
You're #1 in the console standings. These are the real standings. The website standings are sorted automatically by the first column in the table (which happens to be team name). You can sort them through each individual column, but that doesn't really fix anything.

Ah, yea I was looking at the website. OK then. But 3-way ties are still fucked? Jeez.

Rorschach

LiveWire said:
Ah, yea I was looking at the website. OK then. But 3-way ties are still fucked? Jeez.
Three way ties that aren't in the division are fucked. I don't know about division 3 ways, but wildcard three ways are.

[edit] I mean 3 or more teams, not just 3 way ties.

Rorschach

Rorschach said:
1- Bears WR- Antonio Bryant
2- Jags CB- Shawn Springs
3- Titans LE- Jarvis Green
4- Ravens QB-Null Void
5- Vikings QB- R. Yu
6- Seahawks FS- A. Afalava
7- Texans LOLB- A. Thomas
8- Falcons K- Shane Graham
9- Chiefs DT- Jay Alford
10- Dolphins FS- Kevin Ellison
11- Bengals HB- D. Woodhead
12- Cards C- J. Hartwig
13- Redskins FB Oren Oneal
14- Panthers CB Fred Smoot
15- Pats HB Willie P
16- Lions LG Donald Thomas
17- Giants WR Troy Williamson
18- Chargers CB Walt Harris
19- Bills WR Matt Jones
20- Browns CB Macho Harris
21- Steelers RB Justin Fargas (FB BJ Askew?)
22- Cowboys CB Nick Harper
23- Buccs LT Mike Gandy
24- Packers OLB Derrick Burgess
25- Eagles S Quentin Demps
26- 49ers LG Kynan Forney
27- Saints LG Guy Whimper
28- Broncos SS Geral Alexander
29- Jets LG Maurice Williams
30- Rams LOLB Rashad Jeanty
31- Raiders HB Daniel Frisch
32- Colts QB Pat White
Round 2: