• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OOTP Baseball 17 officially available - NeoGAF League Details

Curious what SEA's scout saw in Ortiz, my scout had him as a + fielding/speed but no bat player.

I have very little internal depth at SS right now and my attempts to address it during the offseason have failed. Aiello's defense at SS was a big liability last year and when I swapped him to third my team got better.

The scouting reports said that Ortiz is elite defensively at short and second and can cover third. So he's basically competing with my internal crap to be my utility infielder.

Rule 5 guys are left unprotected usually for a reason, so I try to only grab guys who I don't hope to fill a critical need after trying to peg my hopes on some in the past.

brentech

Sim: 7 days
Date: Jan 6, 2024
Notes: Trade complete.

At the start of the offseason there was a story about a Braves player that donated his kidney to his cousin, retiring to do so. This week the story continues, as we find out that his cousin died after his body rejected the new organ.

raw

A Marlins player injured himself while trying to tear a phone book in half, so at least OOTP lighted up the news.

HOF RESULTS: David Ortiz made it in as the only inductee, and on first ballot.

LAD sends:
- LF Irving Rowe

ATL sends:
- LF Chris Johnson
- 1B Garry Rankin

In the future, always make sure to put what league a player is in. Had to spend some time searching through rosters for Garry Rankin.

Sim: 7 days
Date: Jan 6, 2024
Notes: Trade complete.

At the start of the offseason there was a story about a Braves player that donated his kidney to his cousin, retiring to do so. This week the story continues, as we find out that his cousin died after his body rejected the new organ.

raw

A Marlins player injured himself while trying to tear a phone book in half, so at least OOTP lighted up the news.

HOF RESULTS: David Ortiz made it in as the only inductee, and on first ballot.

In the future, always make sure to put what league a player is in. Had to spend some time searching through rosters for Garry Rankin.

Damn didn't even know Wes retired.

I tried to edit in which league he was in on the confirmation post sorry about that.

My fans were slightly disappointed in losing Chris and I am too. Our minds are gonna change once he starts smashing though. My fucking manager won't let me put him in the lineup against lefties. Hate this shit.

Ronald Acuna is also available. Smashes lefties and is great defensively at right field. Not looking for much for him or WIlson!

Gawdamn ;___;

Hahahahaha I bet those guys have a lot of fun making up potential injuries

Sorry, CrimsonCommie mentioned it in his post confirming the trade so I thought you saw it.

brentech

Was asked about OOTP 18 today and when we would transition to it. We won't make the switch mid season. So we will likely be switching to OOTP 18 after this 2025 season is complete. Which based on when other seasons started and finished, will likely be a little bit after the MLB season starts.

Sorry, CrimsonCommie mentioned it in his post confirming the trade so I thought you saw it.

Not the end of the world, just something to remember. Once I get the PM for a trade, I don't read it until the day I run the trade that way I don't have to search through the thread for any trades that might have happened.

Dude. Rich. Why you gotta play with our emotions like this man?

TRADE TIME:

Houston sends:

LF Jose Figueroa (GOBL)

Arizona sends:

CF Mario Gonzalez (AAA)
SS Norm Oliver (AAA)
SP Cris Mendoza (AA)
RP Ed Collins (AAA)

Sad to part with Jose, since I think he might be a 7-8 win player at his peak, but I need more talent across the board and soon.

Maybe this means Winker will finally get some AB's during his last season on my team!

Rommel

TRADE TIME:

Houston sends:

LF Jose Figueroa (GOBL)

Arizona sends:

CF Mario Gonzalez (AAA)
SS Norm Oliver (AAA)
SP Cris Mendoza (AA)
RP Ed Collins (AAA)

Sad to part with Jose, since I think he might be a 7-8 win player at his peak, but I need more talent across the board and soon.

My poor farm system :(

Impossible to pass the opportunity to get a young player like him on the upside.

I confirm.

Rommel

Brentech - Can you run Adam Haseley through the trade o matic?

If anyone is interested I have Haseley now available. He was a 4 win OF last year signed for at a reasonable deal for 4 years + team option for a 5th. Was expecting to keep him long term but with the deal for Figuera he has become redundant.

This is just anecdotal, but for me it seems like the blank mail issue happens to me if I miss a few days of uploading my league file. Could just be my mind playing tricks on me though.

Definitely wasn't the case for me, I've been on top of it every day. I had it happen a few times during the season too. Just weird.

Had to retire Billy Beane's #11 since he has decided to hang up the clipboard for the Athletics...

William Lamar "Billy" Beane (1962 - ) was a member of the Athletics front office for 25 seasons following a 6 year major league playing career. After starting as an advanced scout with the club in 1990, Beane moved into the assistant GM role prior to the 1993 season. Beane led the Athletics to the playoffs 17 times, finally winning his first World Series with the club in 2024.

brentech

Sim: 14 days
Date: Feb 18, 2025
Notes: Tomorrow's sim will bring us to the start of Spring Training. Get ready to try some players out and start to think about the shape of your roster. Will be 7 day sims after tomorrow.

Indians offseason:
pkYF5wF.png

Only the Mets and the Rays have less activity.

The game that keeps giving.

brentech, could you please put RP Gerrit Cole in the trade-o-matic?

No offers.

Lucky bastard. I inflated my draft budget (so I can sign the 3 1st rounders I have this year), my guy lowered it, and I was forced to raise it again.
I mean WTF can I do with 29 million budget? Throw a ridiculous amount of money at anybody I draft who is difficult to sign?

I may be in the minority, but it's always my goal to spend as little as possible on draft picks. Too much of a gamble to invest resources into the unknown imo.

When making my list, I almost always just skip over the high $ guys. Show me something, and I'll pay you...scrub. ;)

Geez preseason predictions hate me.

So begins the Jose Figueroa era at 2B. Hope he picks it up quickly!

Mine is actually positive for a change.

Looking forward to spring training. Let my manager set the rotation and he made a few interesting moves I wouldn't have thought of including Gorman at closer. Might actually work. I like my team this year. Younger and cheaper and more homegrown guys getting a chance. My first round pick last year SS Willie Baker is moving up through the system fast so I'm hoping he can make the bigs before September.

Why does my manager have my worst OF starting in both lineups when he should only start against lefties and my best OF only starts against RHP's. Hiring this dude has been the biggest mistake I've made so far

Top Bottom