• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liberty4all

Banned
Game is selling well on Amazon, lots of Gaffers have it, instant Queues last night... I think you'd be fine getting the game. PC obv gonna be more dominant but I think the PS4 community going to be a decent size.

PS4 community will have staying power imho. The feels in this reminds me of Shadowrun on the 360 and that community played literally forever.

Yeah it's really bad on PC. I'm playing on PS4 for friends but I popped into the PC version and veterans everywhere. It's just launch week people will get up to speed over the month.
Yeah, I played on PC and XB1 yesterday/today and in the early going for me at least there is a noticeable difference in that PC players are generally a bit better. I think that will balance out maybe more as time passes (or not). It's sort of fun to go between the two though, I feel better about my game when I play on XB1 lol.

DrArchon

Quitting is bad for the soul.

Not my fault Nvidia's drivers can't handle themselves without occasionally shitting the bed.

But yes, quitting is poor form. At least people can join in a quitter's place, unlike other games. Nothing worse than someone quitting in DOTA and being forced to play 4v5 for 40 mins.

Grisby

This is gonna sounds a bit strange, but does anyone want to trade their Origins Edition Xbox One Digital Goodies code for a PS4 one? Haven't used mine, but I'd like to get the Diablo goodie for my Xbox version of the game.

Send me a PM if you want to trade!
I've gotten basically all sprays from my loot boxes
Yeah, I've got bullocks on the crate drops.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Never thought I'd be even decent as a sniper in such a set paced game; but I was rocking it with Hanzo. Really like that hero, surprisingly. Don't know why it clicked.

Apathy

is it just me or are some hitboxes just shit?

e.g. Hanzo arrows, Reinhard hammer swings

Hanzo arrows are bullshit. Aiming at belly button lever it higher is headshot apparently. Hell aiming 2 feet anywhere around my character is a headshot. I don't see why it needs to have such an absurd handicap. Make it actually take skill not just that anyone that fires blindly gets a kill.

Man, as someone who played Bastion like 80% of the time in the Beta, I haven't been able to touch him at all since launch.

Rather, the few times I've played as him I've been absolutely destroyed, and that's as a guy who's wife was exclusively playing as Mercy.

I switched up to Mei primarily. She is so fun, and that Ult of hers can effectively wipe out a whole team when placed right.

eloxx

I realize that. The reason I said psnprofiles was off is because people have earned trophies but all are reported as 0.00%

I was expected some inflated numbers from trophy hunters but they aren't there :)

Ah ok, yes. I should have checked the site before posting. Sorry for getting at you. It is just that so many people don't get that the percentage numbers on a site like PSNProfiles are actually more significant. There are so many people that just start a game and play for 0 seconds. All these are incorporated in the PSN calcuation.

Also I believe the numbers on PSNProfiles are not real-time.

Ferny

Ugh. Went from a definitely at $40 to a maybe. I don't do paid games with microtransactions as a matter of principle. I don't care what the MT are for, the fact that they are there at all makes me sick.

You can literally never ever buy a loot box and be totally fine. It seriously doesn't hamper your experience one bit. I feel the same as you in most cases, but here, it's fine.

Ugh. Went from a definitely at $40 to a maybe. I don't do paid games with microtransactions as a matter of principle. I don't care what the MT are for, the fact that they are there at all makes me sick.

But all they do is accelerate how quickly you get cosmetics. You can still get them as you play matches over time.

Literally everything that affects gameplay is available from the start, but you don't want to buy it because people can buy cosmetic items instead of waiting to unlock them as they level up?

Rizzi

Yay!
uE7CFwi.jpg

khaaan

Hey Gaf how hostile is the OW community to new players? I didn't play the beta or anything but was considering picking this up. Games like this always look amazing and fun to me but I never end up playing them because I don't want to get yelled at and mocked for not being pro. If I'm looking for something more casual would I be better off with console version? Traditionally in like a 90% PC gamer but I'm open to the idea of getting the ps4 version.

If my experience is correct, they're so welcoming that you'll never hear/see anyone say anything.

Ever.

deoee

Hanzo arrows are bullshit. Aiming at belly button lever it higher is headshot apparently. Hell aiming 2 feet anywhere around my character is a headshot. I don't see why it needs to have such an absurd handicap. Make it actually take skill not just that anyone that fires blindly gets a kill.

Consoles at fault maybe?

But I don't see why they could not make seperate hitboxes :|

Also, after 6 hours I still have to say it out loud:

THE TICKRATE (or whatever causes bullshit deaths) SUCKS ASS.

Interfectum

All future heroes, maps and modes are free thanks to those loot boxes. I'd say that's a fair trade.

Consoles at fault maybe?

But I don't see why they could not make seperate hitboxes :|

Also, after 6 hours I still have to say it out loud:

THE TICKRATE (or whatever causes bullshit deaths) SUCKS ASS.

I played 8 hours yesterday (27 matches) and felt like the tick rate killed me maybe twice? seems fine to me. It would be nice if it was better but it's not like you are fighting it in every battle.

I like this game a lot. I'm also really bad at this game.

After sucking shit for a few games, I switched to a healer for a game. Maybe it is my calling? I was excellent support.

She's a breeze to play as!

Just R2 (on PS4) to heal, or R2+R1 to increase ally damage output.

Then triangle to heal downed allies.

That's IT. Somehow, it's fun. You feel like you sway the battle in your teams favor more so than anyone. And people upvote you at the end - they know you're critical.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

Hanzo has like no fire rate. His arrows need a larger hitbox for him to be useful.

I mean, do you really see Hanzo as OP at all?

Jafku

On PS4 I keep getting the error "Failed to connect to Game Server Please Try Again Later" and Error BC-101. Anyone have a solution to this problem? Contacted Blizzard but they weren't that helpful

vypek

Ah ok, yes. I should have checked the site before posting. Sorry for getting at you. It is just that so many people don't get that the percentage numbers on a site like PSNProfiles are actually more significant. There are so many people that just start a game and play for 0 seconds. All these are incorporated in the PSN calcuation.

Also I believe the numbers on PSNProfiles are not real-time.

No worries. I get it. The original post I made wasn't that clear. I just said they were incorrect which could have easily been interpreted as them not matching the ones that PSN says for trophy data.

Ah, right. I didn't think of it being real-time or not. Maybe later today or in a couple of days the numbers will start to catch up to people syncing their accounts and suck.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Lmao.
How the hell do you sustain a decade of support on $40?
Cmon

GAF or overall?

There's about 90+ people on PS4 from GAF.

But I never had a problem finding a full game when I was playing some randoms.

We out here.

Really good (so far). Last night for instance, 90% of my games where with fellow Gaffers.

Game is selling well on Amazon, lots of Gaffers have it, instant Queues last night... I think you'd be fine getting the game. PC obv gonna be more dominant but I think the PS4 community going to be a decent size.

It's thriving! Join us.

Got a few GAF matches last night.

Alright, sounds wicked. I'll be jumping in this week!

Lootboxes are there to offset the cost of future content being free. Go you?

Makes you sick?

I am sorry but that is a little ridiculous. We are getting more content that matters for free later on because of these little meaningless visual microtransactions. If people want to buy loot boxes to get better shiny colors for their mains or tags and emotes then let them. It pays for the servers and helps develop content for everyone.

Apathy

Hanzo has like no fire rate. His arrows need a larger hitbox for him to be useful.

No, and I never said he was, I said he's bullshit. When what you see as a kill cam shows your opponent not even in headshot range killing you from full, when they ate blindly shooting, it is a problem

DrArchon

OK, is there consensus on who the best heroes are for Arcade mode? I really get the sense that some of the heroes there are just total bullshit (basically anyone that can make themselves invincible with a normal ability).

Seriously, that mode is a ton of fun, though I miss the random hero on spawn mode they had going during the open beta. That was a great way to try everyone out.

deoee

He is not OP but it's annoying to dodge a shot but the hitbox decides your head is as huge as Donald Trumps ego.

aeolist

Banned

yeah hanzo is pretty fun but his hitboxes are some ridiculous shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom