• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

taoofjord

My one gripe with the PC version of the game is that you can't turn off text chat. Why would they not let us do this? Who wants to hear the bullshit people typically say?

Klyka

Banned
My one gripe with the PC version of the game is that you can't turn off text chat. Why would they not let us do this? Who wants to hear the bullshit people typically say?

you can. you can type /leavechannel and it will get rid of that channel till you restart the game

X-Frame

Wow some of the exotic alternate character skins are just ridiculously amazing. I have so many favorites, I hope I get lucky soon and grab one!

DrArchon

Wait, people use the text chat? I'm always the only one typing anything there, and it's usually stuff like "Please don't pick this hero, we already have one of them on the team" and "gg"

Everyone is fucking dead silent, both in text and in speech.

Klyka

Banned
In one of the maps I swear I heard the Hearthstone music. I didn't look around/investigate but I'm guessing something is there.

There is a computer with hearthstone on it in a map. it plays the music.

there are comic with kerrigan and terran battlecruisers on them in route 66's diner.

there are the arcade games in hollywood and hanamura.

24hr

Wait, people use the text chat? I'm always the only one typing anything there, and it's usually stuff like "Please don't pick this hero, we already have one of them on the team" and "gg"

I really hope ranked mode brings out more team communication.

SDCowboy

As has been noted, the amount of idiocy sometimes in this game is astounding. I finally got tired of the tanks not tanking so I rolled Reinhardt. I've since had to remind groups to stay behind my wall and stop getting mowed down...and then, and I kid you not, I had one group I actually had to remind to actually still attack while behind me. It's unreal....

Baliis

Funnily enough I made my first Overwatch friend last night when one other dude with mic and I ended up on the same team for like 5 games.

Funny how well you do just with some call outs or coordinating ults. We had an awesome win on a koth map where we pushed in with all our ults lined up and got a team kill to cap the point.

taoofjord

There are always racist, sexist, trolling, furious idiots that use text chat in any game. I suppose you've been lucky to avoid it so far.

Klyka

Banned
As has been noted, the amount of idiocy sometimes in this game is astounding. I finally got tired of the tanks not tanking so I rolled Reinhardt. I've since had to remind groups to stay behind my wall and stop getting mowed down...and then, and I kid you not, I had one group I actually had to remind to actually still attack while behind me. It's unreal....

People are new. They don't know his shield let's them shoot through

Mupod

I wonder if a lot of the people with no situational awareness are playing with sound off. Sound is a huge part of this game. So is experience I guess. But I mean...if you hear FIRE IN THE HOLE you should be backing up and looking for that damn tire. If a Reaper just ghosted into the middle of the team or is staring down at us from above for the love of god don't clump up. It's ridiculous how often I'm the sole survivor of those two ults.

Are there any eastereggs in this game?

My friend says he found a camera labelled 'Kilrogg' on Hollywood.

MajorMane

Random tangent, but kinda reminds me of the backlash against Splatoon not having communication channels... yet here in Overwatch no one (at least on PC in my experience) types or talks despite having the option to. Hopefully that changes.

I always just assume those players came straight from Black Ops 3. Can't imagine how lost and weak they must feel :D

PatjuhR

Lol, remembers me of people who run away from my healings. Like from the battlefield all the way to the back to pick up heals.

Reminds me of playing as an engineer in Battlefield when I get out of a tank as co-driver to repair and they just drive away while I'm chasing them with my repair tool.

DrArchon

There are always racist, sexist, trolling, furious idiots that use text chat in any game. I suppose you've been lucky to avoid it so far.

Haven't seen any. The text chat auto censors swear words (I got mad at my team for picking 5 copies of Tracer and found that out) and I'd imagine it would censor anything else that's undesirable.

Shahadan

I need a way to either move my healthbar or enable something telling me I'm going to die. Can't keep track of my health with all that is going on sometimes.

MajorMane

Haven't seen any. The text chat auto censors swear words (I got mad at my team for picking 5 copies of Tracer and found that out) and I'd imagine it would censor anything else that's undesirable.

I believe you can turn the sensor off. Not everyone sees the same thing.

Ugh, being a healer and playing the objective is some nonsense. My team literally got manhandled at a chokepoint when the payload was at the end and I'm pushing forward each time moving it an inch and finally a soldier 76 comes up and helps me finish but I mean come on tank characters this isn't my job.

MajorMane

Ugh, being a healer and playing the objective is some nonsense. My team literally got manhandled at a chokepoint when the payload was at the end and I'm pushing forward each time moving it an inch and finally a soldier 76 comes up and helps me finish but I mean come on tank characters this isn't my job.

This is me every time I play as Lucio.

SDCowboy

I always just assume those players came straight from Black Ops 3. Can't imagine how lost and weak they must feel :D

As a COD player myself, it pains me to assume the same. First thing I thought is this game must be way to complicated for some of the COD kids. lol

Palmer_v1

how do i genji

Flank. Use mobility to attack from a direction they don't expect. Focus on squishy characters from medium distance using left-click, dash in to finish them or close distance, and use right click up close. Good players will expect the E reflect at the start of the fight, so I try to save it for a trickier moment.

For Ultimate, i try to start from high ground. Dash so you're falling onto their support characters and Ult on your way down. Two slashes will kill squishies. Dash in between kills to chase down stragglers. You're still squishy during Ult, so try to do it when the enemy is busy with allies. You can still Reflect during Ult, so don't be afraid to if something is clearly going to kill you.

The toughest thing to deal with is Mei. She's too hard to kill, so I'll just use the dash to get out of her freeze range.

Baliis

Text chat hasn't been too bad aside from a couple losses where one idiot, usually the worst guy on the team, was flaming people bit whatever, the salt is a good laugh sometimes.

Had a pretty fun match as Lucio last night that was a really close win. We were about to lose in overtime so I speed boosted onto the payload just to extend it and had like 17 hp left when my ult came up so I hit it just to try and buy some more time for my team to get back, only to realize they already had. Ended up shielding the whole team and steam rolling right over the defense that was all turned around looking at me.

SDCowboy

Lol, remembers me of people who run away from my healings. Like from the battlefield all the way to the back to pick up heals.

Reminds me of playing as an engineer in Battlefield when I get out of a tank as co-driver to repair and they just drive away while I'm chasing them with my repair tool.

Or the reverse. As tank, sometimes I'll be begging for heals while the healer is running around like a buffoon trying to shoot someone.

PatjuhR

Or the reverse. As tank, sometimes I'll be begging for heals while the healer is running around like a buffoon trying to shoot someone.

Haha that's true aswell. It's one of my weaknesses as a healer. Got to pay a bit more attention. Lucio helps me with that as I only need to be around (and use the upgrade), but I still miss people who need healing sometimes.

Apologies in advance.

Klyka

Banned
Yeah the new player excuse doesn't fly when almost everyone is lvl 10+.

playing the game for a couple hours doesn't teach you that reinhardts shield lets you shoot through it if you A) don't read it as a tooltip by chance or B) try it and see that it works.

people are NOT good at picking things up in video games

mbpm1

Random tangent, but kinda reminds me of the backlash against Splatoon not having communication channels... yet here in Overwatch no one (at least on PC in my experience) types or talks despite having the option to. Hopefully that changes.

I've had people talking out strats in speech but not much text besides "gg" or "this team sucks"

Not too bad overall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom