• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw a few different threads for this on reddit, and apparently what happens is the first shot gets off 2 frames faster than just reloading but then the rest of the shots sync up so there is no discernible DPS increase for melee cancelling.

It feels faster than that, to me, but I haven't done any actual testing on it.

That's interesting. Might just be a placebo effect. I wouldn't know how to test it.

vypek

I like the Reaper reload speed trick. Adds a bit more mechanical skill to a hero that, while devastating in the right hands, is a bit more limited in that area compared to some of the other offense/defense heroes.

I like it too. I used it against a Genji the other day so I could try to reload and fire again quicker. His speed was too quick though so he was already within striking distance for his attack. :) Luckily that reload melee beat him.

Heeeeeeere's Hanzo

Cjdbq7gWkAAB1bd.jpg

Soma

sometimes i feel bad always picking on the enemy team's Mercy and prioritizing her the most

then i hear HEROES NEVER DIE and i don't feel as bad anymore

Ambient80

If you see a giant glowing shiny Zenyatta on your team, fear not! He means to help you, not hurt you.

In other words, don't run away you FOOLS!!!! :mad: Then complain over voice chat I wasn't healing you?!?!? I can't....

I had a really, really good game over lunch with Mei.

I got a box from leveling and I was sure I'd get a Mei legendary because of that.

3 grey sprays and a blue pose for Genji.

Sifl

Be the only support on your team, needing to switch to Widowmaker to try to take out 2 Bastions camping in the back of Kings Row. Then get yelled at by 1 of the 3 Reapers trying to snipe the Bastions (lol) and contributing nothing because "now we have no healer".

That's how roughly 50% of my games go. It's usually never my teams good, the other teams good and we have a good competitive match. It's either my team is awful or the other team is.

Baliis

I saw a few different threads for this on reddit, and apparently what happens is the first shot gets off 2 frames faster than just reloading but then the rest of the shots sync up so there is no discernible DPS increase for melee cancelling.

Yea, idk why people are acting like its a mega glitch. You get a little extra damage if you're in melee range but that's about it. Just take 30 seconds to try for yourself in training mode and you can see it's not noticable at all.

Zeliard

Ooh, the plot thickens. It would make sense then why Blizzard decided to leave it, though being able to melee early and still get the same reload time is still useful for mid-combat shotgun whips, since melee'ing at the end of a clip instead of reloading with most other heroes loses out on a bit of DPS, I believe.

Calcium

Banned
Be the only support on your team, needing to switch to Widowmaker to try to take out 2 Bastions camping in the back of Kings Row. Then get yelled at by 1 of the 3 Reapers trying to snipe the Bastions (lol) and contributing nothing because "now we have no healer".

That's how roughly 50% of my games go. It's usually never my teams good, the other teams good and we have a good competitive match. It's either my team is awful or the other team is.

Yeah, there are some interesting people out there. I saw a Reaper trying to snipe earlier today. Not sure why he thought that would work out for him.

I also had a match where someone politely asked that our 2 snipers change because we "weren't doing anything" even though the payload was about 95% of the way to the goal. Clearly we were getting kills and our team composition was working. Meh, at least he was nice about it.

The thing that tilted me the most last night was playing against good Tracers, especially as someone who is usually playing support.

Somehow I manage to shut down this one Tracer, only to find out they have a second one.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey

I haven't had a bad experience with people yet, with like one exception, however my games go exactly like yours. Curb stomp or getting stomped. Haven't had a good game in a while.

Salarians

I've never had that happen, people use the hell out of my teleporters even in pubs. The thing that blows my mind with Symmetra are how many people never buff the team with her shields.
I play Symmetra pretty often and this was the first time it happened, but boy was it infuriating.

It kind of sucks when you know exactly how to break a deadlock but can't switch because you're the healer (as in what i've gotta do 99% of the time)

Soma

haha went down to #33 as Zenyatta on PSN since last night

been trying out other heroes too and i've finally seen the light that is Pharah. So fun to play as her.

I haven't had a bad experience with people yet, with like one exception, however my games go exactly like yours. Curb stomp or getting stomped. Haven't had a good game in a while.

I think some of this is a function of the inherent synergy between characters. If you have a combo that works better together than anything the other team or you're just more coordinated in general, the other team can feel like it's impossible to do anything, even if it isn't.

And when it feels one-sided, sometimes people just give up, or just play more sloppy, or just starting playing whatever. We were getting mauled by this one team last night on payload and after about 5 minutes of getting camped at spawn I just started playing Tracer because who really cares at that point.

vypek

Do you have to search all the pages to see if you are ranked with a hero or will it tell you on your own stat page?

Even though I doubt I'm ranked with anybody.

Xeteh

I play Symmetra pretty often and this was the first time it happened, but boy was it infuriating.

I've been trying to use her on defense when we have another support. I really like Symmetra but man I feel like there's no more polarizing character for me. I either have a really good game or I'm completely useless.

Any time the other team has someone who dedicates themselves to fucking with my turrets I just want to change heroes.

Sterba

- Allowing multiples of the same character. I feel like this should be a weekly mode and normal gameplay should have unique being manditory. Just played a Hollywood defence where we all used Torbjorn. While hilarious for novelty purposes there was no way in hell the opposing team would win, they never even got close enough to contest.

- POTG should have more of a metric than most kills. I know it is possible for rezzing the whole team but even when I did that I was outed by a bastion. I have never received POTG for Lucio, Zenyatta,Symettra unless it was kill related. Add heals and teleports as a criteria and maybe more people will actually play support.

Was having same conversation about not allowing multiples of same character with some buddies. I haven't read much about the Competitive mode that was in beta, but hope that has a one char per team rule.

And to your second point, I actually got POTG last night as Zenyatta. Popped my Ultimate/Super/Whatever as my team got caught in a Zarya ult, followed by a Reaper trying to ult us as well. Got me the achievement for healing so much with it, too. Good times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom