• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrArchon

I'd love to get the Origins skins, but I don't play any other Blizzard games (nor do I have plans to) and they're definitely not worth $20.

It sucks because Overgrown Bastion is one of the best skins in the game, and Slipstream Tracer is great as well, but at least for everyone else I can take solace in the fact that they have better unlockable skins.

If/When we have the ability to straight up buy skins I'll just use the $20 I saved to get a bunch that I really like, like Anime Mech Pharah and Wolf Hanzo.

Zaventem

I already feel like I'm gonna suck ass at this game. It's been like 10 years since I was decent at FPS. Thankfully I'm only in it for the fun, but I guess I should prepare to listen to 12 year olds telling me a story about them knowing my mum.

Actually barely anyone was chatting and i put in 37 hours in the beta. Good part is you can mute chat and choose to opt of a party chat if you want, you'll be fine.

maouvin

『Inaba Resident』;204419706 said:
Any characters that you guys plan on trying more that you didn't use much of (or at all) during the beta?
I used Windowmaker maybe once or twice towards the end and I enjoyed her way more than I thought I would. Same with Genji and Reaper.

Torb and Junkrat. I rarely used Defense characters, Bastion playstyle isn't my fancy and I can't snipe to save my life (well, might try the snipers on brawl or something).

How big is the download? Pretty tempted by this.

Under 10GB on PC, under 20GB on console.

NeoN1

Neo Member
Just got my cd-key & dlc from Cdkeys.com

I'll be able to play just a couple of matches tonight, but tomorrow I'll play like crazy. I hope I get some awesome skins :3

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Jesus, you know your team fucked up bad when you don't get a single card.

Seagull has the skills but remember he has a consistent support behind him, aiding him through his troubles
Communication also plays a factor by a huge margin

Mercy was healing and buffing him up at times
Also nice timing with all abilities to keep Genji moving, non stop
Public Genjis after a few jumps become standstill forgetting that moving is an essential part to him

His deflects are OP as fuck though, you can see he saves them for the right moment, baiting them rather than wasting it nonchalantly as pub players do

Zaventem

Torb and Junkrat. I rarely used Defense characters, but Bastion playstyle isn't my fancy and I can't snipe to save my life (well, might try the snipers on brawl or something).

Junk \rat is fun as hell. My tip for aiming with him is 1v1/close range aim lower to the floor since missing direct shots can hurt a ton with the way his gun works, long range well you can just spam that shit. And when the beta finished i learned that his tire can climb walls?!?! Like every single person i've seen using the junkrat ulti choose to ride the tire out in direct gunfire to get shot down.. even myself. Now i know you can be a sneak fuck with him.

Any characters that you guys plan on trying more that you didn't use much of (or at all) during the beta?
I used Windowmaker maybe once or twice towards the end and I enjoyed her way more than I thought I would. Same with Genji and Reaper.

Mei and Zarya. It's ridiculously rare that I ever got put in a team with a healer so I was virtually always stuck as Mercy/Lucio. I'll probably be a bit selfish for the first few days so I can actually learn someone new.

Haines

Banned
Am I crazy to wait til this game gets some balance tweaks before buying it? Feels like it is exactly the game to need a ton of it

Skele7on

Banned
Lets keep the Waifus off the OT, It makes for especially weird looks in the office when browsing at lunch

Cheers for the creepy waifus.

so gross, keep it to yourselves.

Xater

I barely got to play Mei and Junkrat for whatever reason. So hopefully I can get some more time with those now.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Am I crazy to wait til this game gets some balance tweaks before buying it? Feels like it is exactly the game to need a ton of it

Pretty crazy, yeah. The game felt pretty balanced to me, a few minor tweaks will be made but overall it's perfect already.

Muzicfreq

Banned
My main go to is probably going to be in this order
Mercy (no one ever really picks support)
Tracer
D.VA
Then anyone of the cheese classes...
Y'all know who they are

Durden77

So how's the PS4 version? I really wanna get this but I always kinda feel like I'm playing the side-bitch version of games like this when it's on console. Kind of feels like TF2 on consoles again.

Have they confirmed they're going to support it as much as the PC version?

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member

I've been playing the game since last fall and I can tell you it's very well balanced. It's a little tough for new players to deal with Bastion and Torbjorn, but once you get over that hump it's smooth sailing. :)

Blizzard should really be commended for their balancing with this game.

Xater

So how's the PS4 version? I really wanna get this but I always kinda feel like I'm playing the side-bitch version of games like this when it's on console. Kind of feels like TF2 on consoles again.

Have they confirmed they're going to support it as much as the PC version?

Plays great, controls are completely customizabe and you will get the same support the PC version is getting. Blizzard already promised that.

Interfectum

You'll be waiting forever then. These kind of games will always have balance issues of some sort. You aren't playing at an esports level so there's no need for you to worry about that, tbh.

Tecnniqe

Banned
You'll be waiting forever then. These kind of games will always have balance issues of some sort. You aren't playing at an esports level so there's no need for you to worry about that, tbh.
Bastion is a great thing to point out how hard it is to balanced casual, semi-pro and pro level play.

Maulik

Is there a PS4 Gaf community that we can all join for matching up and playing? I know there is the google doc but wanted to see if we could do it from within the PS4. If so, PSN ID is Recipe4disastr.

Yeah I mean Dota for example has been around for what... 10+ years now? Old heroes are still getting balanced and tweaked in patches. No such thing as perfect balance in these games.

Why would anyone want to "main" a character in a team based shooter based around switching heroes and counterpicking?

A lot of people don't understand that hero switching is a core part of the gameplay. They think it's akin to TF2 where it's okay to pick one class and play that class forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom