• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haines

Banned
Ok boys
Let's do this

I have an elite controller
Which this game seems perfect for

But I also have a ps4 which most games run better on

Worth it to stick to Xbox for the elite controller for this game? Is this one of those games that run pretty much the same on both or is it that much better on ps4

Ark

Wouldn't it be amazing if Blizzard unlocked the servers a couple of hours early? Yup, that's be awesome and there's no way it'll happen.

God dammit. 8 hours and 35 minutes to go.

Tecnniqe

Banned
It's a Game of Thrones thing.

vddYCjw.gif

DrArchon

Gonna play so much Lucio. Healing just a single team mate at a time is for chumps.

I hope they add some more supports with AoE healing. Lucio is cool, but I wouldn't mind some variety while keeping the ability to heal multiple dudes.

I mean, I guess we've got Soldier 76 with his AoE heal, but he's not exactly what I had in mind.

MKAllDay

Has anyone heard anything about upcoming patch notes? I figured there would be some tweaks between the end of beta and release but I imagine if that were the case they would post some patch notes as they did during beta patches.

Why would anyone want to "main" a character in a team based shooter based around switching heroes and counterpicking?
Nothing wrong with wanting to play one hero in particular.

Besides, people will likely main roles as opposed to characters - attacker, defense, tank, support, sniper, etc.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
21 characters, 54 items per, 4 items per loot box...

Close to 300+ boxes needed, discounting duplicates + gold replacing an item

So have to prestige 3 times over to get full completion if you're a completionist

Interfectum

Nothing wrong with wanting to play one hero in particular.

Besides, people will likely main roles as opposed to characters - attacker, defense, tank, support, sniper, etc.

Yeah I'd say a good way to start out is pick a role or two, learn some of the characters in the role, then expand from there.

Manoko

Yeah I'd say a good way to start out is pick a role, learn some of the characters in the role, then expand from there.

I'd say it's even better to pick one character for each role, and switch according to the situation, while still playing familiar characters.

Interfectum

I'd say it's even better to pick one character for each role, and switch according to the situation, while still playing familiar characters.

Yeah that could work too. TBH I don't think it's going to be that big of a deal in the first month. Everyone will be new and everyone will be picking whatever (if they even bother to switch at all the whole game).

Basically just learn some heroes and, more importantly, learn the maps asap.

N° 2048

What part? Its not really an inside joke, it's one pretty well known to people who've followed the game combined with a thing from Game of Thrones.

Oh, sorry. I don't follow both hardcore. I literally play this game because it's TF2 with females on PS4 lol

My girlfriend and I love it. I didn't mean to be rude.

Healer all the way.

We'll see. Every single one of Blizzard's retail launches since (and including) WoW has had issues going live. The beta did perform well, but people were also staggered in, intentionally or not. I had early access due to pre-ordering and still couldn't actually get in for two days. Might be a lot different when millions of people are trying to hit the servers all at once.

Then again... it could be fine. That would be pretty good.

I expect the launch time to help with that.

The average Joe sees Overwatch as releasing on May 24th, so they wont be slamming the servers at launch, but will instead trickle in tomorrow throughout the day.

maouvin

I get the title is a GoT reference, but what is an Onlywatch?

People who didn't get in the closed beta and could only watch streams.

I hope they add some more supports with AoE healing. Lucio is cool, but I wouldn't mind some variety while keeping the ability to heal multiple dudes.

I support this. Problem is that Lucio's kit is too good, so a new character with AoE healing would need to work hard to be an option.

Kinda tempted to get this, but never tried the open beta since I was super busy at the time. I don't have anyone to play with, though. Would solo pubbing be fun? Or just an exercise in frustration?

Just word play on nights watch
I must be stupid, how?

Edit:

During Closed Beta, you could ONLY WATCH and not play, until open beta

People who didn't get in the closed beta and could only watch streams.

During the closed beta, when 99% of people couldn't play the game, they could only watch others streaming the game. So they referred to it as Onlywatch instead of Overwatch.
Ah, got it!

Mupod

Kinda tempted to get this, but never tried the open beta since I was super busy at the time. I don't have anyone to play with, though. Would solo pubbing be fun? Or just an exercise in frustration?

if only there was something like an internet forum with a thread full of people to play with posting in it.
it's fine but I have way more fun with 1-2 friends.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I guess this game comes out tomorrow? I should probably get it.

DrArchon

I went solo in the open beta on PC. It was annoying at times, but overall I had fun with it. You probably won't want to play ranked all that much, but non-ranked should be fine as well as whatever weekly gametypes Blizzard throws out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom