• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Compsiox

Banned
Like this?
pewmei24vr2t.png

That's amazing thank you!!!

I'll use it as soon as I get on a computer

Kinda tempted to get this, but never tried the open beta since I was super busy at the time. I don't have anyone to play with, though. Would solo pubbing be fun? Or just an exercise in frustration?
I prefer to play it alone but I don't mind losing (but I had a higher win ratio). If you can have fun playing TF2 alone, then you'll be okay here because there's way more character variety.

if only there was something like an internet forum with a thread full of people to play with posting in it.
it's fine but I have way more fun with 1-2 friends.

My work schedule is weird and I don't think it would sync up with some of you guys. (California GAF here)

Tecnniqe

Banned
Slappin out truths like an angel should.
Helden sterben nicht!
Maining a character/role doesn't mean picking said character/role every time. People in a team game will focus on certain aspects of team comps, no one is going to be a god at everything.

Maining =/= one trick ponies

Wrong. This is the internet.
People whine that you picked their person and refuse to change themselves and just double down.

Fliesen

quoting myself for new page, sorry:

Can anyone link the google doc (that includes european PS4 players)

it's not in the OP.

thanks in advance

also, feel free to add "Fliesenjohnny" on PSN.
PS4 / Europe / English+German

also, what's the deal with gaf avatars today?

Mupod

Its kind of lame for pc you can't even start it and dick with the settings.

well if the stress tests/open beta carryover was any indication, at least my settings should persist. I had a lot of character specific key binding and sensitivity stuff going on.

MBison

Any speculation or news if the release game improved the loot crate dispersal of coins specifically?

Just seems like it's gonna be impossible to ever get legendary skins with the rate things were distributed in the beta. I played for like 40 hours and didn't get a single one and got like 300 coins.

Are there micro transactions to purchase coins? :|

McCree needs new skins pronto, he has the worst alt skins in the game, unimaginative and all still cowboy based while other Heroes have crazy alt skins.

Any speculation or news if the release game improved the loot crate dispersal of coins specifically?

Just seems like it's gonna be impossible to ever get legendary skins with the rate things were distributed in the beta. I played for like 40 hours and didn't get a single one and got like 300 coins.

Are there micro transactions to purchase coins? :|
You'll be able to buy loot crates AFAIK. Also once you start getting repeats you'll get coins instead of them.

MBison

You'll be able to buy loot crates AFAIK. Also once you start getting repeats you'll get coins instead of them.

How much do loot crates cost :p

And yeah I noticed that in the beta that I got coin instead of a duplicate item but it was like 15 or 5 coins. Not exactly putting a big dent into reaching 1000.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Jesus, that Streamable I made yesterday is top of /r/overwatch and has had 411,852 views.

So close and yet so far....and I probably won't even have a chance to play tonight. Hard times!

And for anyone that missed it in the OP, come hang out and chat/organize games with us in Discord:

Fun times await!

You should probably put the discord link inside of a email tag so it's not readily viewable to non-gaf people.

I feel like you should get a small amount of coins for playing a match. Like 5 or something. I went through tons of crates without getting any currency at all but idk, maybe the chance of getting currency is higher than I think it is and I was just unlucky.

MBison

『Inaba Resident』;204425262 said:
I feel like you should get a small amount of coins for playing a match. Like 5 or something. I went through tons of crates without getting any currency at all but idk, maybe the chance of getting currency is higher than I think it is and I was just unlucky.

No in the beta it was really shitty

-MD-

You get money for duplicate item drops so the more shit you have the quicker you'll earn money.

I earned like 2000+ coins during beta week.

How many hours did you play? I played like 40+ hours and got like 300 coins.

35 hours, level 47.

Xater

I made almost a 1000 coins in the beta.

Iceman829

Ok boys
Let's do this

I have an elite controller
Which this game seems perfect for

But I also have a ps4 which most games run better on

Worth it to stick to Xbox for the elite controller for this game? Is this one of those games that run pretty much the same on both or is it that much better on ps4

The elite controller is great with the game. The only thing I switched on my FPS loadout was changing sprint with melee click and I changed that in the overwatch controller settings. I love being able to use all the buttons without having to move my thumbs off the sticks.

I can't comment on the version difference, but I'm sure there is a video comparing them on youtube or something. It ran well on the xb1 during the beta. I saw some slowdown in the replay camera a couple of times, but I was dead so it didn't matter. Go with the version of the game you have people to play with.

I need GAF's help.

My two teenagers and me all want this game. The current plan is to buy it for the Xbone, but that obviously comes with the challenge of three people wanting to play the game and only having one piece of hardware to play it on.

Now, the teenagers each have a Lenovo Y510P laptop capable of playing this, so technically they could jump in on PC. One of the PCs is actually in the shop because of a black screen issue on Win 10, which I hope gets fixed today. Crossing fingers.

However, I then have the following problem: my PC is a four year old Asus N53S laptop with an GT 630M graphics card. According to Can I Run It I don't meet minimum specs, which is a GTX 460. However, I apparently meet the minimum Pixel & Vertex Shader versions (min is 4.0 and my card is 5.0) and the minimum dedicated VRAM (min is 768 MB and I have 2 GB).

So while I wouldn't mind all three of us going with the PC version (although costly), it would be fun to play together instead of taking turns on the Xbone.

But will the game run on my GT 630M?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom