• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

StayDead

Z8hbhna.gif

Did anyone else order the retail PC game?
If so how long did it take to install?

Mine only took about 10-15 minutes and the Battle.net app froze and I had to exit it from the tray and restart. It appears as if everything is installed, I can launch the app and not find servers, but just want to make sure.
It said something about installing 6.7 GB as well, I am guessing that was the downloaded content?

If anyone can just confirm the retail PC install was pretty fast, it would be greatly appreciated. I have a rare night where my wife is going out with coworkers for dinner, so I can hop on when the game launches at 7PM which is a rare thing. Just want to make sure I am ready.

Is there anyway to force Battle.net to check/verify the install?
This is the first Blizzard game I have ever purchased so apologies if this info I am asking is known to WoW and Diablo veterans.

The Battle.Net client should do it automatically. You can always double-check and restart the client though.

Kyuur

So me and my fiancee are thinking about buying this tonight; how are the duo queue options?

Also, I understand you can switch characters in the middle of a match. Is this frequent? I feel like it'll be super hard to keep track of who is doing what, especially before we're used to the heroes. Wish they would've made you lock into specifics for an entire match (or at least there was a matchmaking mode that did).

schaft0620

I added myself to the gaf list not sure what happens next. Do people send me friend requests? Is there something I should look for in the game?

I added myself to the gaf list not sure what happens next. Do people send me friend requests? Is there something I should look for in the game?

People on the list either send you friend requests if they've a crush on you, or if you've a crush on someone you add them via their battle tag on the list

So me and my fiancee are thinking about buying this tonight; how are the duo queue options?

Also, I understand you can switch characters in the middle of a match. Is this frequent? I feel like it'll be super hard to keep track of who is doing what, especially before we're used to the heroes. Wish they would've made you lock into specifics for an entire match (or at least there was a matchmaking mode that did).
You can queue up as any number of players, up to 6.

You don't need to switch characters mid match that often, it's not as confusing as it sounds.

Shifty

People on the list either send you friend requests if they've a crush on you, or if you've a crush on someone you add them via their battle tag on the list

It's also traditionally good manners to message everyone who accepts you with an energetic 'Senpai!!!' as soon as you see them online.

Just a reminder that all you need are tenth-second reflexes, accurate judgement, precise aim, hearing unmarred by loud noise crazy people call music, and an arm that won't quit, to be as good as Surefour after only a decade and change of practice.

Also, just got back from the doc, my elbow is MOSTLY healed, so I should be able to start riding again. Some soft tissue turned into bone on the inside of my arm, though.

DirtyLarry

The Battle.Net client should do it automatically. You can always double-check and restart the client though.
Cool thanks. I did just that and it says installed and Play, so I guess it is ready.
I just expected it to take a LOT longer.
I also expected as Rosur said that battle.net would be getting hammered.
I think it installed though.
Also grabbed the latest game ready drivers through GeForce Experience (I live on the edge).
I am ready.
Just wish my office that I play in was not 90 degrees. Still need to install a window AC unit which I have held off on doing.
Oh well, little heat never hurt anyone.

Cool thanks. I did just that and it says installed and Play, so I guess it is ready.
I just expected it to take a LOT longer.
I also expected as Rosur said that battle.net would be getting hammered.
I think it installed though.
Also grabbed the latest game ready drivers through GeForce Experience (I live on the edge).
I am ready.
Just wish my office that I play in was not 90 degrees. Still need to install a window AC unit which I have held off on doing.
Oh well, little heat never hurt anyone.

Yeah you're good to go if you can see Play highlighted and able to click on it.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Let's all take a moment and join together in prayer.

please servers work tonight. please

brau

Can anyone with the Collectors Edition comment on its value/ quality?,

Thinking about picking one up before they sell out

Mine just got here. IMO, totally worth the money. Good quality on the figurine, with lots of really nice details and good size, the art book is a nice art book, not one of those crappy small booklets. Postcards are nice, also got the OST, some skins for all games as well. Overall i am pretty happy. Ask me any questions here or over PM if you want something more specific.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom