• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Flash

Banned
Live feed of server engineers at Blizzard

tumblr_nzevgjJc6x1tpgq0jo1_250.gif

Like I said before, I really did not expect to be excited for this at all. I watched streams of it but didn't see what was so special about it. Then I played the beta and oh, did i ever fall in love. It's so much fun. Wish I pre-ordered a CE and that I could get it now but alas I have to wait until my birthday. That's fine though, I can wait.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Odsj4Nr.gif

Remember everyone, for the best game experience, spam loging at 5:59, just like with diablo

Also, don't forget your pre overwatch poop session so nothing interrupts you

Pre-launch GAF hype is always good for a laugh.

Plum

I've decided, getting my copy when I can (so Sunday).

This is my first big multiplayer game launch I've been in here on Gaf, how easy is it to join a group? I have literally no experience rolling with a team though so maybe I shouldn't.

Boke1879

On PS4 just got the update downloading and I'll be ready to go in hour. Then off for an hour to watch Gotham and then back online for the remainder of the night.

Did anyone else order the retail PC game?
If so how long did it take to install?

Mine only took about 10-15 minutes and the Battle.net app froze and I had to exit it from the tray and restart. It appears as if everything is installed, I can launch the app and not find servers, but just want to make sure.
It said something about installing 6.7 GB as well, I am guessing that was the downloaded content?

If anyone can just confirm the retail PC install was pretty fast, it would be greatly appreciated. I have a rare night where my wife is going out with coworkers for dinner, so I can hop on when the game launches at 7PM which is a rare thing. Just want to make sure I am ready.

Is there anyway to force Battle.net to check/verify the install?
This is the first Blizzard game I have ever purchased so apologies if this info I am asking is known to WoW and Diablo veterans.

The game itself is only like ~7ish GB, so if it's not updating after the install you'll be good. Blizz's launcher will auto-update anything that's missing immediately.

Like, I got it PC digitally and the whole thing is preloaded right now, waiting for launch.

//ARCANUM

So will OVERWATCH PC have auto voice chat like the console games do? Or will you have to friend up and join a voice chat separately?

Tabby

It's been a fun journey guys. From Blizzcon announcement, to Oversalt/Onlywatch, joys of open beta, open beta withdrawal.
Almost there.

Shifty

I wonder how long it'll take me to grind up the 1k overwatch bux needed for Reinhardt's God Emperor of Mankind skin.

1 hour left! Waiting in line at my Best Buy to pick up the PC version. Everyone's picking up their copy.

So will OVERWATCH PC have auto voice chat like the console games do? Or will you have to friend up and join a voice chat separately?
You can enter or not enter voice chat freely.

DirtyLarry

The game itself is only like ~7ish GB, so if it's not updating after the install you'll be good. Blizz's launcher will auto-update anything that's missing immediately.

Like, I got it PC digitally and the whole thing is preloaded right now, waiting for launch.
Damn so that was the game I saw for the 6.7 GB. Makes sense I suppose. MP. Medium sized maps. Yeah again, for some reason I expected it to be larger. Hell some patches are this size these days.
Yeah you're good to go if you can see Play highlighted and able to click on it.
Thanks again for the replies. I see Play and can actually click it, launches the game but cannot search for servers obviously. So that confirms it.

Is there a place people have shared their Battle.net names? I could use some friends on it since this is my first Blizzard game.

//ARCANUM

Thx for the info on voice chat all!

What's the best strategy for getting in at launch? Leave the game running trying to connect to server?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom